PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Yes it's banned. I used to test it in the laboratory.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hex welcome back :)

Work busy today

Daily stuff done

Hugs all rounb, bed calls sat here yawning my head off
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Evening

At the risk of repeating myself from yesterday,

No fly zone
    Paid stuff until late
    Ate food
    Kids to bed
    Walked dog
    Pooped

Oh well.
    I didn't know creosote was banned either! I'm fairly sure there are farmers around here that still use it.
    No paid stuff tomorrow, so possibly my fly a bit xx
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening

At the risk of repeating myself from yesterday,

No fly zone
    Paid stuff until late
    Ate food
    [STRIKE]Kids to bed[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Walked dog[/STRIKE]
    Pooped

Oh well.

I couldn't have put it better myself, only instead of kids and dogs I did zumba! And paid a cc bill.
    I've written a list for tomorrow which bears very little resemblance to flying:
    finish last report
    read up about Speech & Language Impairment before:
    go to meeting with manager about difficult report
    fill in today's student learning plan
    email all my other students
    do some church flowers
    get paperwork ready for Wed &b Thurs assessments
    label some things to be posted and post them
    ring mum
    sort out music/podcasts for journey to Wales
    pack, including charging kindle etc
    reply to an inquiry just popped in about an assessment

OK so that has to be done before I go away for a long weekend leaving uni whenever I finish Thursday's assessment.........oh and it is ballroom dance class tomorrow.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening everyone

Bit late tonight. I was running on time but started watching a really interesting programme on beeb 4 - 'Is seeing believing ?' and had to watch it all. Really informative, about our senses and how they work differently to how we assume they do. Well worth a view IMO.

Did dailies
    Did Spanish lessons
    Put out rubbish
    Sorted all recycling and put out
    Checked all accounts and did money shuffle
    Mr T delivery - delivered, checked and PA
    Kitchen tidied. WUDUPA and did bunkers.
    Dusted all through, top to bottom.

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom..
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    Vacuum floors in bedroom
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'

Wednesday - the study is my spare room, and no sprogs here, so covering on Monday list :)

Buckets of hugs, sticks and spoons to all needing them
    Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning fly folk

Plan for today is to shop for freezer food as nothing survived from old one. We had an interesting tea last night. Meeting best friend. Popping to parents and a little flying.

Shoulder is a bit better but I'm still full of cold.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ahhh, creosote...I used to stand in the aisle at the DIY shop breathing it in :eek: goodness knows how many brain cells I've bumped off!

Seems like everyone was busy yesterday. I don't feel like I got much done, but I had two site meetings (one lasted four hours!) and I did get some bills paid and important emails sent. Boys got pizza for tea though...naughty mum...

Harvest Festival for Small today, so have to nip over the road to the church after Tiny is dropped at nursery, tea at a friend's after, then flying in the kids' rooms later. They are actually fairly presentable, so shouldn't be too bad.

Hope you get a new freezer ASAP dancemum. "Interesting" dinners wear thin after a while, don't they!?

That programme sounds interesting Lynne. Is it available on catch up or iPlayer do you think?

Right, boys have arrived...and so my day begins :D
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Morning all, hope everyone's as well as can be.
    Hugs to all that need them.
    I used to love the smell of creosote. That and tar if road men were patching a hole or someone was treating their fence I'd be there breathing the fumes in.
    I finished the side fence between us and neighbour's and started the big fence at the bottom of garden - that's harder cos I need the steps to reach up. Hoping to get a couple of hours done tonight but think I may run out of stain so need to shop again at weekend to finish other side and pub carpark side.

Busy all day today so will catch up later. Have a good day all.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all :wave:

I love the smell of tar but can't stand creosote!

Dizzy, that BBC4 programme is available on iPlayer on my PC, so presumably also on the TV.
    Glad your shoulder's improving, dancemum x
    Hope you're feeling a bit better today, LW x

Glad everyone's having a productive week. I am snowed under with college work atm and have DGD1+2 coming again this afternoon - only 2 hours including the school run, but it's a big hole out of my day. I am away for the weekend as part of my course (which inevitably means more preparation).

I need a dress for the SW James Bond themed ball in November, so (as I have a similar hair style and colour to Judi Dench) I want to look for something that would suit M. DH is going as Q, so he needs a lab coat and funny bow tie :rotfl: I think we'll have to start by looking in some charity shops.

The house is tidy, clean enough not to need more than a lick and a promise, and the washing is all up to date. I shall have to shop for more food tomorrow :eek: Where does it all go????? I lost another 0.5 lb at SW yesterday - not much, but moving in the right direction - though the weekend away will probably play havoc with my result next week: the place where we stay offers delicious but very creamy food.

I thought I was meant to be feeding my DGDs again this evening, but DS rang earlier to say I've only got them for an hour or so; however, DGD2 had been talking about the special jelly that I had promised them for tea, so I have said I will make one for them to take home with them.

Must get moving now!

Hope everyone has a good day. (((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round x
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    For those who haven't already seen on FB, CY's funeral will be taking place tomorrow (Thursday) at 3 pm at York Crematorium. It is open to all her friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure