Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• Jumblerina
    Options
    [QUOTE=doingitanyway;71257605

Feeling slightly embarrassed now Jumblerina as I bought the boots and the skirt. :o Together they would have cost £140 and I got them for £50.65p I am happy with that and I love both items. :D The boots are very soft leather and comfy if I wear them with tights not socks…
    /QUOTE ]

They sound perfect DIA :) and a great price for both, you'll have many a happy walk in those boots! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time, well done on resisting the cake - homemade cake sounds lovely too :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new togs :) Enjoy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I enjoy my job but not the structure. I don’t like the micro management of my day. Sometimes support feels like oppression to me. I’ve come from being freelance and total autonomy to being answerable for every little thing and having too many decisions about the way I do things made for me. Sometimes I feel like a free range chicken that has been caged. It’s a nice cage with a regular salary and pedicures and counsellors and a stunning view…blah, blah, but it is still a cage. I am starting to lose confidence because there is nowhere to test whether I can still fly…

I am good at what I do but I am not a natural fit for a corporate charity. When I am in my other creative world I am at my best, most natural, most passionate. I am a better me.:)

Yesterday this lack of control over my working day had me searching through the job ads. I can be impulsive with jobs and I need NOT to be on this one. I MUST WORK FULL TIME UNTIL MY DEBT IS CLEAR AT THE END OF 2017. If I don’t, I will be in sorts of trouble.

I have a nagging feeling I am playing it too safe and I want a new challenge.

I am off to check MT’s diary to see if she has the dancing girls out for hump day. They will cheer me up and so will the cake I am going to bake today

Enjoy your day
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    I know how you feel DIA - I'm used the the corporate life, I've got more freedom than most in my current role yet when I'm able to work on my own creative work, sometimes in work if I'm lucky - it always makes me wonder what if?

So it's absolutely natural to feel the way you do and sometimes just recognising it, putting it down in words or telling someone makes you feel better :)

You're a smart cookie, with a great debt free plan and you're doing so well on your journey - I know you'll figure out the right thing to do for you. In the meantime I'm fully supportive of cake therapy and I'm intrigued at the dancing girls on MT's diary, I'll have to take a look.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    I have been wondering about such things too. I get a lot of flexibility in my job despite it technically being rather corporate, but it's not flexible enough that I can decide to go to a yoga class mid morning or for a walk when it's sunny. And I am beginning to wonder if that would mean quite a lot to me.

On the other hand, I think perhaps there are different kinds of freedom to be considered. Right now we are in situations where we have the freedom to build our future as we choose, whatever different freedoms that may have. Maybe debtlessness and savings are freedom in stored form... :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Rosa I agree working on being debt free and having savings are freedoms for the future.

Thanks Jumblerina, I do feel better for having ‘told’ someone. Getting it out I can see it better and I can work towards doing something about it.

Ultimately It doesn’t make sense for me to change my job. I have worked hard to negotiate 13 days out of 30 WFH days. I will have an extra weeks leave in April. Exchanging one cage for another isn’t the answer especially if the new working arrangements are less beneficial (even if they pay more)

Perhaps I need to challenge myself outside of work more. I’m thinking of signing up for an evening course. It won’t start until January but that may give me the challenge I need.

I made Thai red curry veggies and quinoa today but I did not bake my cake today. No time…Work was too busy.

The baker sent me a text to say he hasn’t done my cherry polenta cake yet but he will text me when he’s made it :)

Today’s spending:

Pistachios £1.88
    Chocolate 2 for £3 (will use for my cake)

My YS bargains. :)

Paella £6 reduced to 90p.
    (I’m going to have with a poached egg and loads of steamed veggies. I froze half to do the same next week)
    Baby sweetcorn £1.35 to 20p
    Green beans £1 to15p
    Red and green chilies 63p to 9p

Tomorrow is my free day. I will do my creative project in the morning and then have a holiday afternoon

Hoping you had a good day :) (and if not there is always tomorrow)
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great bargains :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 8 September 2016 at 9:56AM
    Options
    Today, I’m eating veggie. With such nice veggies it’s easy to make them the star of the show so I’m having cumin roasted cauliflower with cashews and garlic green beans with a feta and lime yoghurt sauce. I might see if I can get some fresh mint or coriander although I hate buying herbs because they are so cheap to grow.

I didn’t get creative this morning so today is free. I’m going to gather up the Sunday supplements and multiple lists and head to a beach cafe. :)

I’m not doing the cake today as I’m walking with friends on Sunday. I will do the cake on Saturday and take them all a slice for the walk as we usually stop for a cup of tea and it will be a surprise treat :)

I’ll be back later to report on my day
    I hope you all have a lovely day
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Your veggie dish sounds absolutely delish DIA :) I love the beach cafe idea, you can't beat sitting and reading/planning/thinking by the beach. Good plan on the cake, it's even better when you wait a little for it.

JB
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks JB
    The best laid plans eh? I went astray today but I will do the beach cafe another day...

I say keep your soggy cauliflower rice, cumin roasted cauliflower is where it is at. Delicious! I’m so impressed. This will definitely become a regular item in my menu planning.

Feeling exhausted today. A bit headachy, probably a migraine wanting to show up. So I took it easy as I am on holiday…I had an afternoon snooze, had a day time bath in essential oil and stayed in reading and pottering.

Drinking green tea with ginger and lemon today

Apart from yoghurt and fruit I didn’t eat all day until this evening.

I wasted money on my first few days here as although I bought reduced foods they were half price or a third off. I wanted to plan the meals but I’m now stopping shopping anywhere else except Mr Ts, as nowhere beats their markdowns. I’ll just see what they have and make my meals up from what I get.

YS bargains today

Sweet potato fries £1.75 to 18p
    Finest beef steak burgers (gluten free!) £3.00 to 30p
    X2 £3.00 to 30p
    Caramilsed onion houmous £1.05 to 11p
    Blackberries £2.00 to 20p
    Mozarrella with slow roasted tomatoes £2.63 to 26p

£13.43 shopping value for £1.35p :T

Feeling rested now. Although I haven’t achieved much I might have averted a migraine which would have cost me lost days so I'm still happy with today :)

Tomorrow is another day
    Enjoy the rest of your evening
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills