The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    A very apt phrase. Your kitchen sounds amazing. I am chilling after a stressful day at work. In about 5 years I might be in a similar position. lol. How long did you save for your work to be done Elona? Any tips?
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I and dh have always saved but we decided to downsize when he became ill and started looking for a good size bungalow that still had a couple of spare bedrooms for dds when needed.

I eventually sold our house after he died and then downsized to somewhere that was less in council tax, water bills etc and have used some of the difference in what I sold for and what i bought for to make the improvements that were desperately needed.

I hope to have the house and garden mostly sorted by autumn and then be able to stop spending money and start to save again. I just bought a lovely mirror for the hall and have ordered three nice breakfast bar stools for the kitchen/ breakfast room. ( all at very good savings).

I am trying to get rid of a lot of things as I unpack boxes and am donating stuff to people who can use them . That way I get an uncluttered house and someone else gets something they can use or enjoy.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • savingwannabe
    Well done. I am glad it is all falling into place. I pass on all my stuff too as people usually find a use for it.

I have just seen Channel 4 News about Brexit. Superb. The problem is most people read the Fail and haven't realised the true situation.
  • savingwannabe
    My question is what dirt do they have on Boris???? the mind boggles.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 1 July 2016 at 6:49PM
    My wages will be ok for the near future following a new agreement. Am so relieved I was terrified I wouldn't be able to afford my house any more. hurrah. Another £300 saved this month.

Thank goodness for the weekend. The weather is looking good.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 2 July 2016 at 8:47PM
    Susan and the boys have gone to Scotland for the summer hols. I couldn't go as we don't have early hols. I saw them all last night and they travelled from my house this morning

Then I had a great day meeting up with my other dear friends. We had a reasonably priced meal and wandered round the shops in Gunwharf, went on ferry to Gosport and bought fruit for weekend consumption and books to read. Total spend £23.

It was a nice day out and it was good to see them. Roll on summer hols.

• savingwannabe
    Today the weather was largely dry and I have done lots of clothes washing. I have put my new red jacket on fleabay as I have two and prefer the Boden one.

Am reading books in the garden trying not to think about work. Less than three days to go.
  • savingwannabe
    I have about £250 in my account once all bills are paid. I will be on holiday from Wednesday afternoon and I need to make it last for 3.5 weeks and try not to use my credit card. Yikes.

I think I can safely remove all watch items from fleabay. :rotfl:

I am trying to think if there is anything I can sell? I will have a nosey around.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 11 July 2016 at 6:15PM
    I mowed the grass today and tidied up the front garden too. I am going to give myself a 'house' job every day to keep me busy. The weather was glorious and I managed to leave work early to enjoy it.

Jobs to do in hols:
    1. [STRIKE]Declutter wardrobes
    [/STRIKE]2. Tidy folders in storage room
    3. Paint outside fence
    4. Paint front of house
    [STRIKE]5. Keep weeding and feeding back garden[/STRIKE]
    6. Put up garden swing seat
    7. Tidy kitchen and make it clutter free
    8. Walk as much as possible to lose weight.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I emptied two large boxes today, found shoes I liked and a mixing bowl and measuring jug. Other things I boxed up and builder is taking it to charity for me as local charity shop is still drying out from flooding.

I am still waiting for a couple of kitchen units to finish off the kitchen and breakfast stools to be assembled etc. Once I finish emptying boxes in the conservatory then I can start on the ones in the integral garage.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family