The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a kitchen floor in Arlington oak and it looks great :j It looks so good I have decided to use it in the small hall and in the adjoining conservatory so it "flows".

The units arrived last night and I have three builders in the kitchen "discussing" exactly where things should go so I am keeping out of it.

I am hoping to have a working kitchen by the weekend and can't wait to be able to wash dishes, use a washing machine and cook properly.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hooray it sounds fantastic. Yay. It sounds wonderful. You must be so happy. Kitchen's are so important. They set the mood for the rest of the house and yours is going to be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • elona
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks pet. I am hoping once carpets are down I can unpack the crates all over the house.

Right now the dishes are piling up as is the laundry.
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I hope your unpacking has begun. I have just seen my V*rgin phone bill - the line rental has expired and my monthly bill is now £45. Holy cow. With the stuff that is happening at work I think it is time to swich to freeview.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I keep thinking I want to buy some expensive beauty products but then I think that it is too much money. Frugal Queen doesn't pay a lot and she looks really good so I should hold back.

I have been good and not bought anything except for food. Roll on payday. Hols in two and a half weeks. Yay.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I keep thinking I want to buy some expensive beauty products but then I think that it is too much money. Frugal Queen doesn't pay a lot and she looks really good so I should hold back.

I have been good and not bought anything except for food. Roll on payday. Hols in two and a half weeks. Yay.

someone on facebook said to someone, here buy younique makeup. the lady said too expensive and my makeup costs £5 as that is all I can afford. the other lady was amazed. she said your makeup looks fab.

her secret? superdrug and pound land makeup

you can. do it. no more buying expensive make up.

I thought boys bought you an android Box?
  • savingwannabe
    edited 22 June 2016 at 8:49PM
    Options
    Bless you I am deleting Decleor from my computer. I will still buy MAC after all eye shadows are v cheap and brilliant (I am such a drag queen) but I am going to experiment with cheaper foundations as you have said rather than MAC ones.

I will cancel Virg*n tv etc and go for freeview and maybe get cheap internet with Ta*k Tal* for work. I will investigate probably next week when things calm down.

We have loads of rain forecast for tomorrow and then a nice weekend to tidy before parents come.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It has happened. HOLY COW.

I was so busy at work after being on the news all night. OMG.

Off to look at papers.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 25 June 2016 at 6:58PM
    Options
    Blimey it rained heavily today. Brexit has scared the sunny weather away lol. Seriously though I have so many questions about the effect this is going to have on us.

We all knew that share prices would tumble due to the shock of Brexit, banks would be shaken, the credit rating of our economy would tumble, the downturn would be spurred into a possible recession. Many plcs would lose value (exporters should gain though), people about to retire would be likely to see poor return on shares, our interest rates could go up or down depending on what the Bank of England decides, prices (of raw materials and imported goods) and laws would change as a result of Brexit.

But whilst our companies and workers and pensioners are dealing with this really frightening period of uncertainty its scary to think that the Government MPs will be infighting over the leadership. This may be their priority. What about us? Who will be negotiating on behalf of our firms who need to sell their products abroad to keep the economy going? If no one is fighting our corner in Europe will our firms be able to sell and receive revenue?

Are Boris et al sympathetic to working people? to the North? How much will food prices go up? and energy prices?

A possible benefit is that we are more likely to buy British and this may aid our farmers.

And Farage? where will he fit in in the new Government????.

So many questions... interesting though.

Almost two weeks till the summer holiday. I can't wait.
  • elona
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Isn't "may you live in interesting times" an ancient Chinese curse as for the ordinary person it means war, revolution etc.

My kitchen is now about 90% finished and looks stunning with the pale grey walls, wooden laminate counter tops and splashback and bleached oak effect flooring and chrome sockets and spotlights. Even my very fussy dds were gobsmacked by how good it looked.

The living room and bedroom now have nice modern carpets and it makes such a difference.
    Preemie hats - 2.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family