IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

WARNING Avoid Changegate Car Park, Haworth. Notorious for Clamping

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    please explain how Walton Wilkins (Trading as Premier Parking Logistics) is now a member of the IPC , but yet he or the company name are not known at companies house

sole trader thing?
    Sole trader; of course that means he has unlimited personal liability.
  • Just a quick update. No contact from car park, no fine. Lesson here is just do not pay.
  • Hi,

I was also victim of this DISGRACEFUL and vile parking service. I sent an appeal against our parking ticket, stating the reason for our 10 min delay back to our vehicle (that I am an amputee and struggled to get back on time due to steep cobbled streets). To my horror this ticket was not rescinded and was told I had to pay the £75.

Can anyone tell me whether debt collection (as stated and threatened on the ticket) will occur? And most importantly, do I need to pay this absolute monster?

Thanks in advance guys :mad:
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    you are tagging onto a thread that was last updated 7 mths ago , and dates back to pre 2012 , please read the newbies thread then start a new thread if you need assistance
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    the newbies thread is found here on the forum start page

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

Ralph:cool:
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,046 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2017 at 11:47AM
    Hi,

I was also victim of this DISGRACEFUL and vile parking service. I sent an appeal against our parking ticket, stating the reason for our 10 min delay back to our vehicle (that I am an amputee and struggled to get back on time due to steep cobbled streets). To my horror this ticket was not rescinded and was told I had to pay the £75.

Can anyone tell me whether debt collection (as stated and threatened on the ticket) will occur? And most importantly, do I need to pay this absolute monster?

Thanks in advance guys :mad:

Short answers:
    (so called) Debt collection - doesnt matter
    and the important question do you have to pay - no, if you feel you have been discriminated against then you may be able to get them to pay you.

Whilst this thread is old, this car park is still an issue.

without going into details, if the chargegate mob ar not members of any trade assocation, you should not make any contact with them what so ever, if you have provided an address/contact then make it known that you have a disability that requires extra time, keep a record of this communication as it may be of use in the future, should you need to put in a counter claim.

if this mob are IPC, then My suggestion would be to read up on the IAS, and if you have been offered an IAS code, use it as long as you understand the limitations of the IAS.
    you could/should even state that you understand that the IAS is not a truly independent appeals service, and fails to meet the requirements of The Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Amendment) Regulations 2015
    If you havent already state you have a disability that required extra time as a reasonable adjustment, and the failiure of the operators of Chargegate car park to meet this is discriminatory

EDIT: It would appear that the mob that infest this car park are not members of any trade association and therefore can not lawfully obtain your data if you are ticketed in this car park keep any ticket filed away for 6 years, and come back if you receive any letter in the post.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • The bottom line is that all they have is your registration number. The have no right to trace you through this unless they are a member of the trade body and last time I checked they were not. Your private details are just that, private and if they have traced you via your VRN then it raises serious security issues. They ticketed me last year, I just screwed it up and walked off and have never heard from them again. They rely on intimidating the payment out of you.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,046 Forumite
    Post editied - do not contact this lot keep any ticket attached to your vehicle for 6 years, see post #447 the bit in bold
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Angrydad01 wrote: »
    They rely on intimidating the payment out of you.

100% correct...they rely on pouncing on you as you return to your vehicle and demanding payment there and then.

IF they don't get payment before you leave, they have no way of legally finding out who you are.

SO advice is ...walk past the muppets, get in your car and drive off!!!

ps..if I ever go to Howarth I will be deliberately parking in their car park and breaking as many of their 'rules' as possible!!!
  • I am researching if anyone has received a writ from Edward Roger Evans (Ted Evans) who along with Lillian Evans, claim ownership of the car park (now known as Central Car Park or North Street Car Park). The courts apparently do not keep a register and yet numerous people have received substantial demands and or writs for libel etc according to information from local political figures.

One libel case recently reached the Royal Courts of Justice in London and is recorded as having been Struck Out costing Mr Evans all the substantial costs of the defendant. Mr Evans has a favoured court in Leeds. Any relevant information appreciated on the Leeds court, the magistrates or judges, writs or any anything else will be much appreciated.

Think very carefully before you write anything on this thread. A support group is being formed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure