New HSBC debit card 2% cashback scheme from 1 July

Comments

• Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,072
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I received my email early evening yesterday. I think it could targeted at people who rarely or never use their card. There is a bit about what to do if you have lost your card or forgotten your pin.

Anyway - it's always another thirty quid for spending money I would be spending otherwise.
  • Mr_Goodkat
    Mr_Goodkat Posts: 432 Forumite
    Received the email on Saturday as well.

Only really have the account for the 5% regular saver but this 2% cashback on up to £500 a month is worth having.

Think I have only used my HSBC Advance debit card once as all card spending is done on cash back credit cards other than when I was getting 5% on TSB debit card spend.

It could be targeted or could just be a staggered due to volume of the mail shot.

Only disappointment is this is for July, August and September, believe my TSB 1% credit card cashback stops after September although the 0% purchase offer runs until March so will keep going until I hit the £10k credit limit as they don't seem to want to increase it.

I'll use HSBC Advance for my first £500 for 2% then switch to TSB for anything after that.
  • Got an email from them this morning saying the offer starts today. I was about to make a large purchase so it seemed like good timing, but then I checked the t&cs at the bottom of the email and it says the offer starts from 12am tomorrow :mad:
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,194
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Rather than all customers it is being targeted at people who don't use their debit cards / accounts more or less dormant according to person I spoke to at HSBC (I have a Premier account but not used it for several years - nor the debit card - except for monthly so into reg saver.....not had the 2% cash back offer email though.)
  • andi2
    andi2 Posts: 708
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It says 'The contactless cashback promotion begins ....' so I'm assuming it's contactless spend only?
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,949
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    andi2 wrote: »
    It says 'The contactless cashback promotion begins ....' so I'm assuming it's contactless spend only?
    I see this in the t&c but then no further mention of contactless and it goes on to rule out specific non contactless transactions....

My email also mentions they can replace the debit card if I have lost it, probably cos I have never used the card since I got the account a couple of years ago for a switching offer with isa incentive and have only kept it for the regular saver....
    I think....
  • verybigchris
    verybigchris Posts: 630
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2017 at 2:07PM
    michaels wrote: »
    My email also mentions they can replace the debit card if I have lost it

But then the t&cs go on to say "The cashback offer is only available on the HSBC Debit Card specified in this email ... if your card is replaced for any reason, it will no longer be eligible for this campaign".
  • jenni_fer
    jenni_fer Posts: 529
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've had this offer too, intrigued as to whether it is just contactless or everything, may have to keep my Lidl/Aldi spend to under £30 a time just in case!
  • vouch0r
    vouch0r Posts: 205
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    its all transactions

As an extra treat this summer, we’re making using your HSBC Visa Debit Card more rewarding than ever.
    Beginning 01 July 2017, you could earn up to £10 cashback per month on your everyday spending. Simply use your HSBC Visa Debit Card home or away*, in store or online and see what you could earn.
    But, you’ll have to get going, this limited time only offer will end 01 October 2017.
  • andi2
    andi2 Posts: 708
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Came back to update - made a non-contactless purchase (terminal declined so had to enter the pin) & have had the 5p cashback added. So hopefully it's all spend that counts :beer:
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure