<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hey lovely thought I'd pop in. Well done on the blackberry picking and a scummy dinner, I love lentil dhal! Keep smiling :)
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi missymoo

Busy weekend as usual. but I did manage to get over the ten hours on tedious so that was a relief.

Pressure cooker had a busy day - made chicken stock, half used in chicken and sweetcorn soup, the other half frozen for another day. Beef out of the freezer, half stewed for dinner (2nd portion frozen) and the rest made into a chunky beef soup with lots of Paprika and some of my new favourite chipotle chilli flakes.

Also made pea and ham soup today, and froze the rest of the bacon bits. Bread made both days.

Made bramble jelly using the berry soup method as it uses less sugar (1kg berries, 1 cooking apple, 200ml water - ten minutes simmer then whizz with the hand blender), sieve out the seeds, 500g sugar to 500ml liquid plus a good squirt of lemon juice. 10 minutes low heat till sugar absorbed, 15 minutes high heat then test for set. 3.5 jars of jam made.

Made Chorley cakes. I'm told they were nice but when I went to try one they had all gone. Also made apple strudel with some filo from the freezer and the windfalls, which is very nice. Huge tree, lots of cooking apples this year.

Chased the overdue damage deposit, its supposedly on its way.
  • redofromstart
    Also remembered to drop OHs phone to sim only, so that's another bill halved.
  • redofromstart
    Everyone feeling a bit 'meh' in this house today so we have had soup and the last of the bread for an early dinner, and apple strudel. You can stand your spoon up in the pea soup so for the first time I have the quantities right - so for future reference for me: 1 pack easy soak peas, finely chopped onion, veg if we have it, with 1.5 pints of water and half a cup of rice. 25 minutes. whizz with blender till its smooth. Sets in the fridge overnight. One slice or two?

Have agreed to help a boy make jam tarts and more Chorley cakes with the last of the flour.

Some disputed cashback has finally been confirmed so should pay out shortly which is another £10 - seems like a recurring theme at the moment but there will be very little more now. Not buying anything helps, but I sometimes book OH work travel and get cashback that way.

2 PA surveys done.
    4.5 hours external paid
    Tedious ten hours for the week, none done yet. I'm not sure what I want to do less tonight, this or the ironing!
  • redofromstart
    Managed a whole 1.5 hours of tedious last night and ironed a grand total of one shirt.

I need to focus on October, last day of the paid contract is only six weeks away and after that I will have no income other than tedious. If it has to be a 'real' job then I need to start looking shortly, equally if I want to keep doing interim/consulting I actually need to do something about finding some work. I have an empty website, a half written book and no real plan since I quit my hated job last year.

Into the city for a meeting later this morning. My old commute, and past the old office. Meh indeed....
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Write the other half of the book...
  • redofromstart
    Greenbee, I need to, its advertising if nothing else.

Tedious: 3.5 hours/minimum 10. Paid for June, 20% moved to tax account.
    Paid external : 8.5 + 5 today
    Surveys etc: PA actually seems quite busy, another £5 added yesterday. SB voucher cleared and I should be able to order another shortly
    Cashback: £2.68 cleared and moved to paypal
    Refund: £187.74 credited back into my CC account, hurrah. Took three weeks of chasing and threatening a chargeback to get this damage deposit returned. Took me into credit so £55 of it used on food shopping and ordering flea drops online. I need fuel as well so that will come off it but at least I will have achieved zero or positive balances on all of the cards on statement day.

The next concern is that the bank will want to send a valuer and the house is very much an untidy work in progress. My task for tomorrow is to make a list of what needs to be done so OH can do his bits at the weekend, with the application going in next week after payday.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck with the list.

I seem to have run out of cashback (not shopping? Or just forgetting to use it? Probably both), and PA hasn't got anything for me (paypal is now empty...) but then I haven't been on for ages.
  • redofromstart
    I just checked PA and there are 4 short ones at £1 or so each for me so it is picking up.

I did have about £80 on Paypal but used it on racking for the shed and a replacement tap for the damaged one.

Cooked a chicken from the freezer yesterday so think I will use the rest on risotto tonight, complete with the stock from the other day and peas from the freezer.

Need to focus on getting some tedious done.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi redo! You're doing so well, love all your cheesey recipes! I've prob missed it but what is the tedious work you speak of?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback