IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking ticket from excel parking services limited

Comments

• BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Welcome! *PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING*
    Please start a new thread for your case (if you post in the discussion threads your post will not be seen by many) and take a look at these two threads which will be of assistance:
    Council Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)
    (Read Martin's Article)

1) SCAN the PCN (front and back) together with any other paperwork (200dpi should be fine). Pictures of the parking bay/signs/lines will also help.

2) BLANK out personal details (i.e. PCN serial number, car registration number, any name/address details) using Paint or equivalent image editing program to remove appropriate details.

3) UPLOAD to image hosting site and link from your thread - simply copy and paste the "direct link for layout" link which looks something like this: http://tinypic.com/xxxxxxxxx.jpg.
    For detailed help with scanning, erasing and uploading, please see this thread:
    How to Upload & Post Images (PCN/NtO/other paperwork)
    4) MENTION which council issued the PCN/NtO if you're unable to scan paperwork.

Private Parking Companies (PPCs)
    (Read Martin's Article)

1) PPC tickets (referred to by some as toilet paper :p) are NOT fines or fixed penalties, they are invoices based on a presumed contract with the driver.

2) When posting, please don't mention your vehicle make/model or exact location and most importantly do NOT say who was driving. PPC trolls do read these and other forums and may try to use this information against you. Do not post any info that may identify you. It isn't usually necessary to post the 'ticket' from a PPC.

3) PPC charges have been shown to be generally unenforceable in Court, and they hardly ever issue proceedings, despite the threats in their intimidatory letters.

4) Do NOT write to the PPC to 'appeal' the ticket - the appeals process is a complete sham, they just want your money and thus will reject the 'appeal'.

5) If you don't take action on the ticket, the PPC will get the registered keeper's details from the DVLA, for a fee of £2.50. The registered keeper has no liability, since the presumed contract was formed with the driver. And, if you don't tell the PPC who was driving, they don't have a case.

6) Ignore the ticket completely until they've bought your details from the DVLA (costs just £2.50) and write to the registered keeper. Opinions vary on whether to send a template letter in reply or simply ignore all correspondence, however, anecdotal evidence from this forum and Pepipoo indicates that with the 'ignoring everything' option they will give up after a few scary looking letters and false threats of bailiffs/CCJs/credit record entries.

(thanks to bargepole for help in compiling the PPC section above)
    --

P.S: Thanks to all who help out on the boards - for comments and feedback click here.
  • I received a parking fine from Excel on the 5th of December for parking in a controlled parking zone in London.The ticket they sent me shows my car in two small photos and both photos are very dark and you can just see my car.Ok you can see the reg but these photos they took via a video camera where taken at 1pm in the afternoon.But it looks like 1am due to the darkness.Also it states the area but not where i was fined and the area i live is a big place.I have read lots of comments on here and it looks like its to be ignored abd thats what am gona do.When i visit there website to see what areas or parking lots they cover its saying being updated looks like a con crap trick to me.Anyone else had anymore problems with Excel.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    For a start it's not a "fine". Secondly Excel won't now go near a court as they have lost a couple of cases. So just ignore any further correspondence from them.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • hi my daughter parked at a retail park in keighley on the 5th Dec for the first time with her disabled client, she asked the attendant if it was okay to park there with the blue badge displayed and the attendant said yes no problems, so when she returned to the retail park on the 8th dec she parked in the space and displayed the blue badge again, a different attendant watched her get the wheeelchair out and go into a shop there when she returned 10mins later there was a parking ticket on her car from them excel parking. Stating that she had not displayed a ticket, she found the attendant and talked to them explaining about the last time and he said he could do not anything about it she would have to take it up with the office, but that she should have displayed her blue badge and paid for a ticket. at the machine. Anyway she came home and appealed to them by email explaining her case and then yesterday we received a letter off them stating that she still had to pay for the ticket. the attendant apperantly wrote a statement saying that our signs are positioned at the entrance and again at regular intervals in and around the car park all the aforementioned clearly state that for disabled motorists the normal tarrif applies please pay at the machine. We are thinking of paying it because she is wanting to go to uni to be a paramedic and so we do not want any repecussions from it. Please can you help.
  • The charge has no legal validity. Please ignore it and all other threats from this disreputable company and the pondlife they employ to extort money. Please see all other threads relating to Excel.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    We are thinking of paying it because she is wanting to go to uni to be a paramedic and so we do not want any repecussions from it. Please can you help.
    There will be no repercussions at all just ignore everything as advised in the other posts in this thread. As you have found out, their appeals procedure is non-existant. Don't be a mug and pay these scammers, ignore everything
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    mmwatson wrote: »
    hi my daughter parked at a retail park in keighley on the 5th Dec for the first time with her disabled client, she asked the attendant if it was okay to park there with the blue badge displayed and the attendant said yes no problems, so when she returned to the retail park on the 8th dec she parked in the space and displayed the blue badge again, a different attendant watched her get the wheeelchair out and go into a shop there when she returned 10mins later there was a parking ticket on her car from them excel parking. Stating that she had not displayed a ticket, she found the attendant and talked to them explaining about the last time and he said he could do not anything about it she would have to take it up with the office, but that she should have displayed her blue badge and paid for a ticket. at the machine. Anyway she came home and appealed to them by email explaining her case and then yesterday we received a letter off them stating that she still had to pay for the ticket. the attendant apperantly wrote a statement saying that our signs are positioned at the entrance and again at regular intervals in and around the car park all the aforementioned clearly state that for disabled motorists the normal tarrif applies please pay at the machine. We are thinking of paying it because she is wanting to go to uni to be a paramedic and so we do not want any repecussions from it. Please can you help.
    From now on just ignore any correspondence from them and do not contact them again. Eventually they will lose interest in you and your daughter. She has done nothing wrong, there will be no repercussions arising from this. If she wants any more reassurance on this matter just ask her to rad the other threads on this site.

Just to add, blue badge have no legal basis on private car-parks. So no law has been broken.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • ckerrd
    ckerrd Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    "We are thinking of paying it"

Stop thinking this immediately.
    Take the advice that others have given.Ignore Ignore Ignore absolutely everything that comes from this company. There is much info here and elsewhere. Your daughter's reputation will remain untarnished.
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • Would this advice still stand AFTER the OP has admitted to parking there, albeit with a blue badge?
  • Paranoid
    Paranoid Posts: 149 Forumite
    As regularly advised on MSE Forums private parking tickets are unenforceable.
    Ignore and have no further contact.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport