Tassimo "new improved" flavours

I thought this was just me.. but looking at the Tassimo facebook site, it most definately isn't.

Tassimo are in the process of changing all their 'milky' drinks to a "new improved" recipe.
Instead of having a seperate milk and coffee/chocolate pod.. there is now just one combined pod. This is supposed to deliver a "silkier, smoother" drink.

I've tried the Cadbury Hot Choc and the Costa Latte. Both of which used to be lovely in their old, 2-pod state. Both are now horrid. The Costa in particular is now disgusting.

It's obviously just a cost saving exercise (half the number of plastic pods, same price).

Anyone out there actually liking the new recipe ?
There's already 800+ negative comments on their FB page.

Comments

• zax47
    zax47 Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Thought the old one was pretty rank too, if I'm honest...

I'm more annoyed that I don't seem to be able to find my favourite pods - Kenco Medium Roast - in the supermarkets now. ALL the big 5 have confirmed they no longer stock them, yet they are still on the Tassimo site to buy online.
  • nwc389
    nwc389 Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I wasn't keen on any of the drinks with the milk pod as I thought it tasted plasticky.
    If you want to make lattes then an espresso pod and some milk in a milk frothed is much nicer .
  • I wonder if the "new and improved" product will end up going the same way as new recipe Coca Cola in the mid 80's?
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    The costa latte is now very rough. There is a horrible twang and it looks like mud left over in the glass. I'm doing the stiff upper lip and plodding on with them but I just had 20 packs of them delivered this week by Amazon. Will be cancelling my repeat order & ditching the machine if they dont do something about them. Their reviews on their website pretty much all agree.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • philatio
    philatio Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wonder if the "new and improved" product will end up going the same way as new recipe Coca Cola in the mid 80's?

Hope so!

I agree that some of the milky ones always tasted a bit rank, but I thought the Costas and the Cadbury (and Milka before it) were lovely.

I can't see Costa being too impressed about having their brand on a cup of foul tasting brown goop.
  • BlueEyedGirl
    BlueEyedGirl Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! I've been Money Tipped!
    When my last Tassimo died I bought a Dolce Gusto, I think it makes better coffee but when that gives up the ghost I am buying a bean to cup coffee maker! :)
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    41I-pMGOKOL._SY300_.jpg

That's the type of coffee maker we use. :)

PS ... are the new pots New or Improved? They certainly can't be both. ;)
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bod1467 wrote: »
    PS ... are the new pots New or Improved? They certainly can't be both. ;)

That reminds me of one of the most amusing bits of marketing !!!!wittery I saw many moons ago.

It was on bottles of Radox; in a big flash at the top of the label it screamed: "New", and in an equally big flash at the bottom, yelled: "Original".

WHat's annoying is that the pay the dimwits who can come up with something like that, and those who sign of such nonsenses, more that they pay policemen and nurses. :(
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    When my last Tassimo died I bought a Dolce Gusto, I think it makes better coffee but when that gives up the ghost I am buying a bean to cup coffee maker! :)

Bean to cup
    It's very of the moment.
    I use a cafetière bought second hand
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Azari wrote: »
    That reminds me of one of the most amusing bits of marketing !!!!wittery I saw many moons ago.

It was on bottles of Radox; in a big flash at the top of the label it screamed: "New", and in an equally big flash at the bottom, yelled: "Original".

WHat's annoying is that the pay the dimwits who can come up with something like that, and those who sign of such nonsenses, more that they pay policemen and nurses. :(

I suspect the "original" refers to the scent rather than the formulation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure