weight watchers meals

in sainsb8urys 3for £3. Normal price £2.50 each

Comments

• sleepyme
    sleepyme Posts: 922 Forumite
    I'm not sure how much they are but I know Iceland have these on offer as well. As a friend went and brought 20+ on Friday and filled her freezer!
  • Much better to make your own meals from scratch - far far cheaper too and healthier. Weight watchers meals are "pants" and in my opinion actually make you far hungrier.
    To lose weight - simples - Cut out white sugar and foods that contain hidden sugars - cut out fizzy drinks like cola's and drink tea coffee or water and skim milk. And one of the worst culprits are ready meals - yes even the weight watcher ones! Do not be fooled. Cut down all carbohydrates to half what you eat now and double the protein part of your main meals. Essentially same amount on plate - different ratios. You will soon find that fat starts going. I am diabetic type 2 and also have an incurable autoimmune, which requires me to take high does of steroids at moment. And if I can lose weight even taking these high dose steroids doing this anyone can. And believe me I had never been able to lose prior to that! Have now lost over 9 stone. I also feel better most of the time. I have not been this weight since 1988! Still have to lose approx another person to get down to correct weight, but I can see the possibility might now be there.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I am diabetic type 2 and also have an incurable autoimmune, which requires me to take high does of steroids at moment. And if I can lose weight even taking these high dose steroids doing this anyone can.
    Well done you, 9st is an amazing achievement esp if you are taking corticosteroids :T. There's a lot to be said for personal responsibility.

If only we could prescribe a dose of you on the NHS, we'd save a fortune in bariatric surgery costs!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    lollol wrote: »
    in sainsb8urys 3for £3. Normal price £2.50 each

thanks op. pound-land also do 2 tins of 50 cal chicken noodle soup for a pound. also beans, breads etc
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Check out www.poundland.co.uk they've got loads of WW stuff. Much of it is quite high in sugar/carbs so it's probably a good diet for people with a sweet tooth.
  • lollol
    lollol Posts: 420 Forumite
    Much better to make your own meals from scratch - far far cheaper too and healthier. Weight watchers meals are "pants" and in my opinion actually make you far hungrier.
    To lose weight - simples - Cut out white sugar and foods that contain hidden sugars - cut out fizzy drinks like cola's and drink tea coffee or water and skim milk. And one of the worst culprits are ready meals - yes even the weight watcher ones! Do not be fooled. Cut down all carbohydrates to half what you eat now and double the protein part of your main meals. Essentially same amount on plate - different ratios. You will soon find that fat starts going. I am diabetic type 2 and also have an incurable autoimmune, which requires me to take high does of steroids at moment. And if I can lose weight even taking these high dose steroids doing this anyone can. And believe me I had never been able to lose prior to that! Have now lost over 9 stone. I also feel better most of the time. I have not been this weight since 1988! Still have to lose approx another person to get down to correct weight, but I can see the possibility might now be there.

you missed the point in my original post being on an offers thread. please don't preach to the converted. I know about this. Make 99%of my meals.

however can't argue with a decent meal portion for a pound.
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lollol wrote: »
    you missed the point in my original post being on an offers thread. please don't preach to the converted. I know about this. Make 99%of my meals.

however can't argue with a decent meal portion for a pound.

dont worry, you always get at least one preacher,
    Its normally on any thread about smoking:D
    I :love: MOJACAR
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    I wouldn't describe WW as being decent food either. I'm getting heartily fed up with people wading in to tell me low carb is unhealthy. No matter how much medical research I quote I get people coming back to me quoting Slimming World or the Daily Mail. :rotfl:I don't see the point in arguing anymore. If people want to eat rubbish it's their body they are harming not mine.

So just to let you know, Lidl will have a selection of WW products on sale from 19/04/12 for 99p each.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure