Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairyclicks
    • By fairyclicks 15th Feb 16, 8:50 PM
    • 3,875Posts
    • 21,545Thanks
    fairyclicks
    $10+ a day Neobux Challenge 2016
    • 15th Feb 16, 8:50 PM
    $10+ a day Neobux Challenge 2016 15th Feb 16 at 8:50 PM
    I will be adding quite a bit of information to this first post ASAP regarding how to earn - I need to write it first lol, please check frequently for new info!

This challenge was inspired by the Amazing £10 per day thread and is specifically for earning on Neobux. If you haven't joined the site yet please consider using a referral link from the referral board here.

Neobux is a Pay to Click (PTC) site that has been online for over 8 years now and is a highly trusted online earning option. Personally i joined several years ago and didn't really understand it so have only started earning on it again recently.

This challenge will be about working your way up to earning $10+ per day just on this site (it will take a bit of time to get there but it is certainly possible as people earn a lot on it when they know what to do )

There are several ways to earn on Neobux:

PTC

This is the most basic way to earn on Neobux and you literally get paid to click adverts. There are different types of adverts with different payment rates. If the only thing you do is click on ads it will take a long time to even get to the low claim rate of $2

Offer Walls

There are several offer walls available:

The Points Wall, Trial Pay, Super Rewards, Token Ads, Matomy, Offer Toro, Personaly, and Adsend Media.

Please be careful when completing offers - they can lead to spam, downloads may not be safe and many offers can be for recurring payments. Personally i stick to the free ones and use a different email address for signing up to things.

A few things on offer walls worth knowing about:

There are 1 click offers under Offer Toro wall which you can do daily (all will not pay every day but easy to click them all) NOTE: i do those on Clixsense for my bonus rather than Neo

Videos

I do video offers daily to boost my account as they are quick and easy

Points tab - There are usually 2 - 4 videos here.

Coin offers - There are often videos under Superrewards, Matomy, and Offer Toro walls.

Mini Jobs

There are all sorts of mini jobs that become available from Crowdflower tasks. You now have to have a facebook account to be able to complete tasks on Crowdflower, so you will need to sign in with facebook before you can start.

I would like to highlight the need to read the instructions and follow them very closely or you will not get credited for your work. If you click on the Instructions button on the top left corner you will get detailed instructions which i advise you read especially if you are new to completing these tasks.

I recommend trying to complete 2 or 3 mini jobs per day on Neobux. They can easily help add $1 or $2 to your account in a short space of time which is very useful when you want to earn a bit more.

Surveys

Renting Referrals

This is a huge topic and i will be adding a lot of information here.

Basics of Renting

You can only have direct referrals after you meet these conditions:
    - Been a member for at least 15 days
    - Have made at least 100 clicks

There are limits to the number of referrals you can rent or add direct depending on your membership type and time using the site.

Rented referral renewal discounts:

- 15 days = 0% discount
    - 30 days = 5% discount
    - 60 days = 10% discount
    - Autopay = 15% discount
    - 90 days = 18% discount
    - 150 days = 25% discount
    - 240 days = 30% discount

MY ADVICE:

Try to extend RR's for 240 days ASAP to minimise costs and maximise profits.

If extending for less than 90 days enable AP but if extending for 90 days and over turn AP off.

CALCULATIONS INFO

AVG is (#RRClicks/#RR)

Daily Profit = Daily Earnings - Daily Expenses

Daily Earnings= Your clicks, your referral clicks, minijobs, adprizes, offers, all in terms of money. For example 10 clicks from referrals = 10*$0.005=$0.05

Daily Expenses= Daily referral extension cost, daily membership cost (if any), recycling costs. Example if you extend your referrals for +240 days you need $1.12 every 240 days or $1.12/240=$0.0047 daily cost for 1 referral. Multiply for more refs.

How to calculate BEP for standard membership?

Referral cost is $0.20 (30 days)
    Referral Click Value (Standard): $0.005
    Formula is: ($0.20/$0.005)/30=1.33 AVG

Basic cost is $.20 rental + $1.12 240 day extension so at $0.005 per click a rr needs to click 264 ads before they are profitable (1.1 ad clicks daily) - if you recycle then the number of ad clicks needed before a profit is made increases.

Useful Terms/abbreviations

AP - AutoPay (automatically extends refs for you if they have more than 20 days left) Don't forget to manually extend refs with less than 20 days.

BEP - break-even point (the point at which cost or expenses and revenue are equal)

DR - direct referral (joined using your ref link or user name)

PTC - Pay to Click

RR - rented referral (rented on site)

Points, Coins etc

Currently you earn Points by:
    Viewing advertisements: Each advertisement = 1 Point
    Completing Point offers
    Winning Points in AdPrize

Points can be used for:
    Golden Membership: 30000 Points = 1 year Golden Membership
    Recycle and/or extend your rented referrals
    Increase your direct referrals limit: 500 Points = Increase the limit by 1 direct referral

Coins

These can be converted to money directly into your Main Balance.

Currently you earn Coins by Completing offers Only and are credited after 60 days

The conversion rate is as follows:
    2,500 Coins = $0.8 for each 1000 Coins = $2
    5,000 Coins = $1.0 for each 1000 Coins = $5
    10,000 Coins = $1.1 for each 1000 Coins = $11
    20,000 Coins = $1.2 for each 1000 Coins = $24
    30,000 Coins = $1.3 for each 1000 Coins = $39
    40,000 Coins = $1.4 for each 1000 Coins = $56
    60,000 Coins = $1.5 for each 1000 Coins = $90
    80,000 Coins = $1.6 for each 1000 Coins = $128
    100,000 Coins = $1.7 for each 1000 Coins = $170

MEMBERSHIP

Neobux offers a multitude of membership types and prices. We’ll be discussing all memberships available to Neobux members, how much the Neobux Membership costs, the we’ll look at the overall benefit of a neobux membership to you. A Neobux Membership can come in many different forms, and some Neobux memberships are better than others. And since I want you to have the most profitable Neobux account ever, I’m also going to be laying out which Neobux memberships I like or Dislike.

Neobux Membership Types

Tier 0: Neobux Standard Membership
    Tier 1: Neobux Golden Membership
    Tier 2: Neobux Emerald and Sapphire Membership
    Tier 3: Neobux Diamond and Platinum Membership
    Tier 4: Neobux Ultimate Membership

Neobux offers 4 tiers of membership, the higher the tier, the more expensive, but also the more benefits you receive in your account. The Neobux Membership with all the benefits is the Ultimate membership.

Neobux Membership Prices

Standard $0
    Golden $90
    Emerald $290
    Sapphire $290
    Diamond $490
    Platinum $490
    Ultimate $890

Neobux’s Common Membership Discount Periods
    January 1st
    February 14th
    March 24th (Neobux’s inception)
    April 30th (Neobux’s official launch date)
    October 26th – 31st (Halloween)
    December 15th – December 31st (Admin typically does 3 – 4 randomly timed discounts throughout this period)

USEFUL RESOURCES

Neobux Handy Manager Tutorial
    Last edited by fairyclicks; 22-03-2016 at 1:17 PM.
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it
Page 36
    • BarryNB
    • By BarryNB 10th Jan 17, 1:14 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    BarryNB
    Yes GromitFan. Like you, I'm straight on those ad's before they disappear!

I've also noticed I'm getting more 0.015 ads as well. Normally at least two a day, which all help

I think with the amount of members Neobux has, it's rationing the ads at the moment, so everybody gets some

Has anyone noticed if Neobux has any yearly patterns, apart from the Golden Membership discount days?
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 12th Jan 17, 12:18 PM
    • 473 Posts
    • 2,659 Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Yep, another one here for whom the ads come and go. I do wonder if the incredible numbers of them are finally drying up. We only used to get about 20-70 a day when I started. It was a shock when 200 started appearing and we were all convinced they would only stick around a week or so, but nearly a year later and they were still there!

I'm finding they are around in the morning, then disappear until some silly time like 9pm - which is too late for me to start clicking. I was just grateful they stuck around to get me to golden and looking at some of your stats, it seems they've gotten several of you the bulk of the way there too. It's a slow game this, but don't give up. Most of us realised early on that the road to any decent income would take years, not months. It'll be worth it in the end when you have £300+ per month, extra income coming in for the sake of a few minutes account maintenance each day :-)
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 18th Jan 17, 4:56 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 9,332 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    £300 a month would be fantastic wouldnt it?

Not quite sure at what stage that would likely happen.

I will have been on Neo for 2 years in June and hope to be at 750 refs by then and on my way to having at least half the money saved for ultimate.

I dont think ultimate is sustainable at 750 so will have to keep increasing refs afterwards. Not sure at what point I will stop and start taking some out.

In theory, I have another four years on my fixed rate mortgage and then I would like to be able to take a regular income out of neo to help pay off the last chunk of mortgage within a couple of years.

So its plod on.

Im having real problems at the minute with the fisher investment tasks....(which are the only ones I really do)....there is no start button and where it should be just keeps saying "verifying extension is installed" which it is.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled but no joy.

Shame as there a load sat there that I could do and not getting anywhere.

On a more positive note, I am at 59,487 points so am very close to 2 years free golden which doesnt need renewing till Oct.
    Make £10 a day challenge Jan/£215.84/ Feb £146.45/ Mar £192.55/Apr £120.75
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....615.06 miles
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 23rd Jan 17, 9:52 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Hi KM.

A monthly income from Neobux does sound great. Fingers crossed...

Sounds like you're doing good if your reckon you'll be at 750 RR in 2 years from joining Neobux.

Sorry can't help with the tasks as it's something I've yet to start trying with Neobux. Maybe I should as I've got very bored of clixsense and tbh haven't done any on there in ages either.
    Hope your problem with fisher investment tasks is no more in that you've either found a fix or it's just somehow sorted itself.

That's brilliant that you are so close to 2 years free Golden membership from points. Well done.

I'm close to 1 year free; My Golden membership needs renewing in August, so should manage that.
    I'm currently at 28,466 points.

Referrals wise, I currently have 1 DR and 180RR (been buying 10 extra RR the past few weeks).
    On Friday and Saturday clicking from them was pretty rubbish (Average of 0.64 and 0.60), but they were all forgiven on the Sunday.
    I had a really good day yesterday from my RR - Managed to get 190 clicks from the 180 RR, so averaged 1.05.
    Today though, normality appears to have resumed. Currently got 51 clicks and a projected average of 0.69.
    If only they would all click more...

Hope everyone is doing good.
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 25th Jan 17, 6:56 PM
    • 473 Posts
    • 2,659 Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Did I speak too soon? Have even the 20-40 daily greens disappeared for everyone else too? I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 a day at the moment and even then, it's only if I'm lucky enough to check the site for them as I pass the PC. Just my orange and pinks are still regular each morning.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 29th Jan 17, 12:51 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    I know! Had a really good day on the 16th January, when I was lucky enough to get 240 of them. Was hopeful that would be a return of them, but nope. The bundles of 20 that we had been getting before that date vanished. Since 17th January I've been getting an average of 2 of them.
    Suppose at least I can get back on with other things rather than trying to click as many as possible.
    Was good whilst it lasted, but tbh don't think any of us expected the volume of mini ads to last as long as they did.
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 10th Feb 17, 9:28 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Hi all

Just wondering if you'd noticed this thread abut paypal:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5599964

Looks like there is some issue with paypal and ptc sites.
    I hadn't been intending on making any neobux withdrawals right now, but not wondering what will happen with payments...
    Post #4 has reported a problem when trying to get payment via paypal from neobux, which is why I thought about it for this thread.
    Neobux admin don't seem to have made any formal statement, though there are a few posts about it in the forum.

Does anyone use one of the other payment methods? I believe that Payza, NETELLER and Skrill are also listed as possible payment methods, though I've never used any of those. Not even sure if they are all able to be used in the UK.

How is everyone getting on with neobux these days?
    Things are slower than in the days of 200+ ads to click, but at least it means I'm not sitting by the computer for quite as long.

Now I'm at 210RR, 1 Direct Referral, 29245 points - getting ever closer to the 30000 points I need for another year of Golden.

• Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 10th Feb 17, 11:34 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 9,332 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Hi Gromit...........bit bad about paypal isnt it?

Haven't started taking anything out of neo but have just transferred $10 from my paypal account to neobux which worked.

More of a problem for me with clixsense which I have just got back into intending to put any earnings into neo, but that plan is now scuppered.

I am hanging fire till I see someone convince me of another payment processor that doesnt charge a fortune in fees.

If not........the tango might be my best option for yet more amazon vouchers.

Congrats on your almost 30,000 points.

I recently reached 60,000 which gives me two years golden from October.
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 13th Feb 17, 11:13 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Hi KM.

Yeah - not good about paypal. Thankfully I don't have much sitting with clixsense right now - perhaps around $6.

So, were you just thinking of offsetting amazon vouchers to buy things you'd normally have bought with "real" money?

Not sure if you are already registered with Prolific Academic, but if not, you could maybe consider them as a method to raise paypal funds. I joined them end of January and just over a week later I was able to cash out £22 to paypal. However, haven't really had much from them past few days, so not sure how much you could make from them over the course of a year, but the surveys I've had so far from them have been much better paid than swagbucks or clixsense.

Well done on getting enough for Golden from points. Just wondering, but have you already used your points to extend your Golden membership for 2 years? Or were you intending on waiting until it needed renewed?
    I was just thinking about it as obviously I'm getting close to having the magical 30,000 points and was therefore wondering if I was as well to extend my Golden membership as soon as I reached 30,000 or wait until it needed renewing in August. Not really sure what else points can be used for (other then recycling and that seems an expensive way to recycle). But was also concerned as to whether there was any chance that neobux would either increase the number of points required to get Golden, or worse still take away the possibility of paying with points. Of course, not saying either would happen.

Had a rubbish day yesterday on neobux from my RR - Only got 96 clicks from 210 RR (0.46 average). Don't think I've ever had as low an average from my RR. The day before was 160 clicks from them (0.76 average) and today they have already clicked 75 (projected average of 0.77 at present). Wish there was something that could make sense for the average dropping so low, but doubt there is.

• GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 13th Feb 17, 6:42 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Just noticed that there's a promo been put on today:

Since the best thing in life is to love and be loved in return, here's our appreciation for all the love you give us every day:

Renewal discount on referrals for all memberships:
    30 days: 8%
    60 days: 13%
    90 days: 20%
    150 days: 27%
    240 days: 32%

These renewal discounts will be available until February 15th at 11:30 server's time

Happy St. Valentine's!

Have just extended 20 of my RR for 240 days.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 13th Feb 17, 10:31 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 9,332 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Yep, have been anticipating the promo and just managed tp extend 107 for 240 days.

Interesting point about when to use the points for buying golden.

I was just going to use them when my golden ran out.

Might have a look if you can just add an extra year on.
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 16th Feb 17, 2:35 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Wow! Well done KM on having enough saved to extend 107 of them for 240 days. Well impressed!

I'd only managed to save up somewhere between $20-25 when the promotion was on as I've been buying more RR since Christmas and was then extending them when they came close to the end of their first 30 days.

Have just bought another 10RR today, so now at 220RR and 29,546 points.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 16th Feb 17, 5:25 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 9,332 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Yeah , it has been really hard to just keep saving and not buying anymore refs as I am desperate to get to the 750 mark.

I have about 13 more to extend then a breathing space of 50+ days till the next batch need extending. Need to work out how many more I can purchase without stretching myself too much.

Want to try and make as much use of the March promo as well so its all a juggling game.

Part of me wants to just say bu**er it and get to 750 and extend them for shorter periods but the sensible MSE part of me knows it makes more sense to do it slowly and always extend for 240 days.
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 17th Feb 17, 12:26 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Hi KM.
    Sounds like you are trying to be very sensible and patient about getting the RR you want. How many RR do you have now?

I've been increasing mine by 10 every week since Christmas. Always tempted to buy more, but on the other hand don't want to in case I can't extend them for the 240 days when they need extended, so for now just plodding along renting another 10 each week. But may need to take a break from buying even those 10 in a few months as I can see that there's one week in May when I need to extend about 50 of them. Yikes!
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 17th Feb 17, 6:13 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 9,332 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    I bought another 3 this morning which takes me to 658.

I checked on the golden thing and it looks like I could add a year on using the points. Didnt do it but wondering if its worth considering.

On another subject.....I used you as a referral to rejoin Prolific but still seem to be having problems signing in. Says I havent clicked on email but I have. Will try again later.
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 17th Feb 17, 8:54 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Hi KM.

Thanks so much for using my referral to join Prolific. Out of the survey sites, it definitely seems one of the better paid. Wonder what's going on with it saying you haven't clicked on the email. Wish I knew what to suggest.
    One thing that I have noticed with it though is that in the Trust section of your account (if you manage to get logged in at some point) it has Verified Email in a box with a red background, which looks really odd, almost like there is a problem though there isn't. The red background colour probably isn't helped by the fact that the box below for Phone Verified by SMS is a green colour, which obviously looks fine.
    Only thing I'm wondering is whether anyone on the prolific thread would have experienced the problem you seem to be having. Here's a link to that thread in case you haven't seen it (though I'm sure you most like will know about it):
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5383079

If you are now at 658 I can understand why you are feeling the urge to go and buy the others - so tantalisingly close to the 750 you want. Good on you for being sensible and pacing it.

Good to hear that we are able to add on a year to golden using points. Reckon I should be at the 30,000 in a couple of weeks. Now at 29, 596.

Seem to be having another rubbish day with my RR
    So far today from the 220RR, they've only done 70 clicks, so I have a projected average of 0.37 which must be an all time low for me with RR. No idea why there seems to be occasional days when the performance from the RR is so terrible. I definitely can't fathom any reason to it. Yesterday I got an average of 0.79 from them - so more than double what I'm likely to get today with them. Wish I could figure out what to do about it.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 17th Feb 17, 9:02 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 9,332 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Bit of a drastic difference between days for you.

Do you do any recycling?

Have found that since I have been regularly recycling, my averages are more consistent.

RE...prolific. Ive almost given up. It doesnt seem to like me.

Tried verifying and had mobile confirmation as well and then it seemed to link back into the old account I had even though I have cancelled.

Very strange. Will have a look at link you posted . Thanks.
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 17th Feb 17, 10:19 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Yeah - it being so drastic a difference is what is doing my head in.

Yes - I do some recycling, usually a couple of times a week. Worse still is I recycled some that either hadn't clicked at all or had really low averages just last night, so theoretically today should have been a bit better.
    And when I do recycle I've only been recycling those with low average and last click of 4 to 7 days ago. Or those that have been a RR for between 4 and 7 days and haven't clicked at all. My thoughts with the less than 4 days is that they needed a chance and for more than 7 days was that I'd perhaps be as well not to worry and just let them get automatically recycled.

This will be the 3rd time this month that I'm having a day with RR average much lower than those around it and it's not like there appears to be any pattern. Today for instance is the day after I recycled some of them (as happened on the first low average from my RR this month), but I hadn't done any recycling when I had the other low average from RR this month.

Anyway - makes no sense why there is such a huge difference one day to the next, especially when I can then have days of them behaving as you'd expect.
    Hopefully I figure it out sooner rather than later.

What a pain you can't get prolific to work for you, especially when it does seem to be better than lots of others.
    • GromitFan
    • By GromitFan 27th Feb 17, 12:34 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    GromitFan
    Managed to get over the 30,000 points.
    So, have extended my golden membership - Now doesn't need renewing until 10th August 2018

So, now at 230RR and back down at 11 points.
    Think I'll just take the RR up to 250 and then have a break whilst I make sure I've plenty to extend the referrals due for renewals soon for the maximum 240 days.

How is everyone else getting on these days? Seems very quiet on here these days. Hope that doesn't mean that lots have given up on neobux.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 27th Feb 17, 1:03 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 9,332 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Woohooo Gromit!! Well done! So nice knowing you dont have the golden expenditure to worry about.

Im still plodding on and getting nearer my goal.

Rented another 80 on Fri evening. Think its the largest batch I have bought (bit scary) and hopefully I have timed it to make use of the next promo which should be 24th March.

Will rent 3 refs for the next 4 weeks and that will take me to the 750 where I am going to sit until I have enough saved for Ultimate.

If I have enough and excess funds by end Oct, I will go for it then but I want to start renting a soon as Ultimate to make it pay so may wait till Christmas.

Dont know if you do adscend on any sites? Ive just discovered I can do it on neobux and its a good way of saving cois which can be converted to neo funds. Im almost at $11 payout but think I might let that build up and that can be my funds for buying more refs once Ultimate has been reached.

Are you using the handy referrals manager?

My average has improved since using that and recycling some older refs that look to have good avg but have stopped clicking.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,882Posts Today

8,707Users online

Martin's Twitter