Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning

Small rant, apols. I am so cross with my energy supplier that I have literally just switched in a rage (probably not the best way to do things) but there its done.

I religiously supply my readings each month via my phone app. This month for some reason it didnt work, wasnt letting me in. Just because life is so busy it took me a couple of days to try again. I asked for help via their online service who referred me to the website. Where I put my reads in.

When my bill came it was around £45 higher than usual. So I queried it and asked for it to be rebilled. It wasnt.

This week on live chat I explicitly asked again assuming the reading had not been amended.

Today, when my bill is due out on Monday I finally find out via some stropey guy on DM, that my tarrif has ended and the prices have all gone up. Apparently this has been sign posted for months (really??)

I basically just had a row over DM which has really set me up for the day especially as one of my suppliers tried to phone me after midnight for some reason!! My phone can never be off because I have it set up to the alarm at the premises which phones if there is a break in. So Im knackered and angry. Good combo.

The new supplier Im moving to is supposed to be £45 a month, which is still around £10 less than we were paying when supplying our reads each month. Our winter bills were then always higher, around £95 a month for the 4 months we have our heating on, but I've always been ok with doing it that way just to pay the lowest on the months it is lower.

Cross!

So we are now left with around an extra £45 to find this month, which isnt ideal. But vote with your feet right? Which is now done.

Im rushing this morning as well, so now really feeling shakey and annoyed.

Hope everyone has a better start!

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    How annoying Bob!:mad:

Hope the rest of the day goes well for you. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sooooo annoying for you Bob.. I'm glad you've voted with your feet though! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bobarella
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    How annoying Bob!:mad:

Hope the rest of the day goes well for you. :)

Thank you, it has been fine :)
    Sooooo annoying for you Bob.. I'm glad you've voted with your feet though! xx

Thanks, that'll learn em :rotfl:

• Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 20 May 2017 at 5:47AM
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Good Morning

Small rant, apols. I am so cross with my energy supplier that I have literally just switched in a rage (probably not the best way to do things) but there its done.

I religiously supply my readings each month via my phone app. This month for some reason it didnt work, wasnt letting me in. Just because life is so busy it took me a couple of days to try again. I asked for help via their online service who referred me to the website. Where I put my reads in.

When my bill came it was around £45 higher than usual. So I queried it and asked for it to be rebilled. It wasnt.

This week on live chat I explicitly asked again assuming the reading had not been amended.

Today, when my bill is due out on Monday I finally find out via some stropey guy on DM, that my tarrif has ended and the prices have all gone up. Apparently this has been sign posted for months (really??)

I basically just had a row over DM which has really set me up for the day especially as one of my suppliers tried to phone me after midnight for some reason!! My phone can never be off because I have it set up to the alarm at the premises which phones if there is a break in. So Im knackered and angry. Good combo.

The new supplier Im moving to is supposed to be £45 a month, which is still around £10 less than we were paying when supplying our reads each month. Our winter bills were then always higher, around £95 a month for the 4 months we have our heating on, but I've always been ok with doing it that way just to pay the lowest on the months it is lower.

Cross!

So we are now left with around an extra £45 to find this month, which isnt ideal. But vote with your feet right? Which is now done.

Im rushing this morning as well, so now really feeling shakey and annoyed.

Hope everyone has a better start!

Bob

I did similar recently i have a complaint in with my previous supplier they keep trying to chase me for a bill thats inaccurate they over quoted me by 65 quid when i moved supplier. I gave a meter reading they wouldnt take when i left they keep trying to chase me for an inaccurate bill.

re the calling after midnight as you know bob i work in financial services surely they would be the same as us ie the cant ring after a certain time ie in our case after 9pm.

I think in your case its complaint time!
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hi Scott

That's a good idea. I didn't think about bothering with a complaint.

The call was probably made in error. I don't owe them money or anything, I suspect drunk dialling :)

Bob

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning Bob,

Hope you have a good day x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Morning Gang

Currently on the Caffeine to try and wake up again. Did a lock up last night, home by 12.20 but didn't crash out till 1. Yesterday was one of those never ending ones.
    Back in to work for 11. Then out, and back tonight​.

My week has really been classic mid month. Lots of enquiries, two bookings, and no one paying up. I am quite annoyed with one person who seemed utterly genuine, was so positive on the viewing and asked to wait till payday to send me the money, which meant a weeks wait. I didn't mind at all because it wasn't an issue. But having got to that date I messaged to follow up....radio silence....it's very frustrating.
    I also lost half a booking this week (deposit paid) due to someone's personal problems ( I'm not going to press gang someone who is already struggling for a few £) which is disappointing.

I do feel like the amazing start to the month has made all the set backs harder to take. As you feel you are about to finally smash through the barriers to feeling like all this going in one direction despite warning signs, was right all along. And then the smash never comes.

So many positive signs though, and those must be held onto.

- Regulars wanting to work in a longer term way, which will allow some control over cash flow planning.

- High levels of enquiries

- Social media proving to be highly useful for this business

- The ability to self direct work, it's almost a never ending story, find an interesting prospect and go and reel them in. There really is almost an unlimited market. I've had meetings this week with people I've talked to online then met and discussed work with. So that keeps me motivated.

- That the average reaction to my place is extremely positive. It always helps to sell something that looks good.

I've been wondering about starting a new diary, but really my situation remains that I am on permanent budget wars. Until it picks up to the point I don't notice every single bump in the road I suppose at budget wars I remain.

Back to my coffee pot.

Bob

• Bobarella
    Options
    Morning Bob,

Hope you have a good day x

Ta! Cross posted :coffee:

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    How frustrating but some good things which help balance things.

Enjoy the coffee, I'm a tea girl x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport