RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance?

Options

Comments

• onlyafool_3
    Options
    hooray, ive finally got the cancellation emails , 4 of them and they state that they will not be billing me for further products.
    everyone who this has happened to shuold fill in the report form on ACTION FRAUDS WEBSITE, the more people who report this the better chance there is of stopping them doing it in this country ( ENGLAND )

Fraud Helpline telephone 0300 123 2040
    lines are open mon-friday 8am-8pm
    saturday 9am-4pm
    sunday10am-4pm
    website is easy to find , im not allowed to post a link on here

you should also telephone Consumer Direct on 0845 404 0506, i found them to be very helpfull and they pass your details on to Trading Standards
  • competitionscafe
    competitionscafe Posts: 4,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 November 2011 at 9:01PM
    Options
    vix2000 wrote: »
    I am angry that I was led to this site via an ad on facebook. Another poster said it was on sainsburys. Surely large companies like these should take responsibility for what they advertise on their websites? I think Martin Lewis should get on their case!!!

They are also advertising on Google Adwords but hijacking the domain names of UK newspapers to use as the display url (when you click on the ad you go to the fake news site not the 'real' newspaper).

For example this ad uses the Daily Mail url:
    scamfakenewsadsenseads.jpg

(Have also seen ads using telegraph.co.uk and care2.com)

scamfakenewsadsenseads2.jpg

But clicking the above ads takes you to this fake news website:
    ukbeautyjournal.com/skin/index5.php?subid=header5

Registered to an address in California:
    MJM Ventures
    Mike Hendrex
    1077 10th St
    Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
    USA
    (1) 310 245 8981
    mhendrex@aol.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/ukbeautyjournal.com

scamfakenewsadwordsads.jpg
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • sallyins
    Options
    Hi I also work in IT and fell for this
    Apparently they are going to refund my £76 and £79, but after phoning them find theyve taken another £51 -What for i've no idea
    Was going to cancel debit card tomorrow but con company say they will credit my card within 7-10 days so do i trust that and risk them taking more money?

Also which banks have been helpful & offered to help-My bank wasnt that interested just sending me a form to fill in

Thanks S
  • jtk174
    jtk174 Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sallyins wrote: »
    Also which banks have been helpful & offered to help-My bank wasnt that interested just sending me a form to fill in
    Thanks S

I agree, it would be good to know which Banks actually helped or didn't want to know? ( which bank were you ? )
    Tesco Bank knew of the issues through lots of complaints and would only send out a form to have payments stopped once the form was returned. No refunds!
  • just found this site by accident after foolishly paying 5.95 for free trial on Revitaderm. After reading what has happened to other people i'm worried they will try and take more money each month. I tried calling the number that appeared on the terms and conditions but no reply. have just cancelled my debit card in the hope they will not taken any further payments. Do any of you that have been affect3ed by this scan think this will be enough action to avoid them taking money out of my account. Its the first time have purchased anything on the internet not through PayPal and the last. What do you think?
  • ONLYa fool and Sallyins can you tell me the number you called and email address so can email them to say have cancelled? Thank you so much
  • bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    I fell for this back in early oct I managed to get the contract cancelled received confirmation and have not heard any more from them The thing is I have noticed today that a couple of the products have been listed on EBay. I have 3 of the products do you think it would be OK to list mine. The bidding is around £30 with a couple of days to go. Which makes me think that the product must be OK or people would not be bidding for them
  • competitionscafe
    competitionscafe Posts: 4,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 November 2011 at 6:38PM
    Options
  • sallyins
    Options
    ONLYa fool and Sallyins can you tell me the number you called and email address so can email them to say have cancelled? Thank you so much

Hi No email i'm afraid but tel no. 0808 178 7320
    BTW Had donot reply mail from them to say my subscription had been cancelled if you can believe that but not before they took another £51 ...goodness knows what for....but the bank-Nat West-Has credited that back

Good luck-Sally
  • moodyliz
    Options
    Yep, I have just got caught too... They did offer to pay back "half" of the money but I didnt realise that another £88 (€95) was on its way out of my account. My Credit Card Company are now looking into it for me. My understanding of the law is, that for a legal transaction, an "inaction" on the part of the seller, can't constitute the initiation of a contract by the seller so therefore they cannot withdraw money from your account. For a legal contract, there has to be An Offer, Acceptance and Money Transaction. In this case, They Offered a free trial that cost £2.95 and £5.95. I accepted, and paid the money. Nowhere on the face of the offer page was mention that the cost was £74.95 and £88.95. To me that is total misrepresentation and I am very angry. To have the price hidden in the T&C's has to be wrong. In order to accept their offer, the buyer should be told the cost up front and not have to go to the T&C's to find it. Has anyone any thoughts on this? Liz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure