~Make upto £10 a day in September 2017 ~ - everybody most welcome

Comments

• I can't believe I'm still up at this hour, I'm an early bird and rarely see midnight:rotfl:.

I bet Aesop and Lynne are still busy and full of beans though.

Goodnight, all.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Aesop wrote: »
    #2 Referral Board

I cannot stop talking about this board. I was on it earlier looking for the shopprize (android only app) thread and spotted a referral thread for something that I ALREADY do. It hadn't occurred to me to post my referral on there!

I know you may only get one, but one is one more than 0. Also if you are on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, don't forget to post your referrals there too. You will be surprised who signs up.

I know a few ladies who post their referrals in Facebook selling groups and they get quite a few people signing up and making them money! :eek:

so get your referrals out there!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

I gave up with the referrals board because I didn't get any even on threads where you are supposed to use the referral for the person above you. I will try again though.

Does anyone sell with Amazon? I used to sell a ton on there and recently tried to start again. I submitted my ID and that went through fine, but I find I cannot sell anything except books. I tried to sell some CDs and got a message saying I am not allowed to sell in that category, but there was no information about how to get approved for that category.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I can't believe I'm still up at this hour, I'm an early bird and rarely see midnight:rotfl:.

I bet Aesop and Lynne are still busy and full of beans though.

Goodnight, all.

when you were posting, I was fast asleep with laptop on my lap, screens open, things not submitted, completed.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

woke up at 12.30am and dragged myself off to bed.
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    Hermia wrote: »
    I gave up with the referrals board because I didn't get any even on threads where you are supposed to use the referral for the person above you. I will try again though.

Does anyone sell with Amazon? I used to sell a ton on there and recently tried to start again. I submitted my ID and that went through fine, but I find I cannot sell anything except books. I tried to sell some CDs and got a message saying I am not allowed to sell in that category, but there was no information about how to get approved for that category.

it's worth continuing with the referral board. I got a few unexpected referrals from there recently.

I also have referrals on other sites, which I am not allowed to mention on MSE :rotfl: but definitely worth posting your referrals out there wherever you can.

I think for selling anything on amazon now, you need to re-register here

https://services.amazon.co.uk/services/sell-online/how-it-works-basic.html/ref=UK_SOA_HIW_h_desktop_basic
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    I've had a nightmare time trying to claim for every last potential penny from unfair charges, fees etc. I've already had my 2 PPI payouts (not massive in either case but very welcome nontheless:j) so that well is now dry:(. Some of these companies make it so hard to track down the correct contact details, plus the downloadable forms they provide are mind-blowingly complicated. If I wasn't so strapped for cash I'd probably have given up and I expect that's what a lot of potential claimers do.

have you read martin's article?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

this may apply to quite a few of you. I keep telling people to hurry up and claim back PPI while you still can. the boat isn't going to be open forever.
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    edited 4 September 2017 at 5:56AM
    #3 Swagbucks
    This is a very popular site with moneymakers everywhere. The site is based in the US but there is a UK version. We get daily challenges which if you achieve gives you bonus swagbucks the next month.

You can watch videos, play games, run apps that have videos, complete surveys and sign up for offers. You can even shop online and earn swagbucks. ;) I use it for argos. I reserve and collect, after clicking through swagbucks shop and then a month later, I get my swagbucks for shopping at argos.

You can cash out for paypal uk or amazon vouchers uk. Make sure you select UK or if you are in US, leave as amazon.com.

I usually cash out £5 but you can cash out at more. There are also £3 amazon vouchers available.

If you follow swagbucks on twitter or facebook, they have competitions and bonus swagbuck codes.

But there is a dedicated swagbuck thread so you don't miss out on codes, although they are usually only valid for an hour.

You can redeem for other vouchers, I know they introduced M and S, but amazon and paypal tend to be the favourites.

Swagbucks thread for help

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5439334&highlight=swagbucks

Swagbucks code thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5067514&highlight=swagbucks

REFERRAL THREAD FOR SIGNING UP FOR SWAGBUCKS. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR OWN REFERRAL

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1406969
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    sorry for spamming thread but not been able to get on for last few days properly, so while am up early (cue baggy face, baggy eyes, tired, want to go back to bed), thought I would get a few posts in.

CatherineMM, I sent you a PM, not sure if you get notifications of it.

Shariann, thank you so much for that monthly tot up you are doing. I have to sit down and go through all my accounts, as my signature is definitely wrong. Once I have had time, I will update you. xx
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    #4 Prolific Academic

One of my favourite survey sites, although I don't do enough of the surveys at the moment.

If you want to sign up, please use a referral from this board and don't forget to leave your own.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5267356&highlight=prolific+academic

What is Prolific Academic?

It is a site created to help University academics complete their thesis/degrees etc by finding them people willing to complete their questionnaires for payment.
    Most questionnaires are short and pay well. Some of the questionnaires are interesting and definitely give you food for thought. Some are just plain weird! But hey if you are getting paid for it....

On Prolific, you get paid via PayPal or Circle.

After you complete your first study, you will need to wait until your submission is approved by the researcher (usually within 1-3 days, sometimes longer). This short waiting period is important to ensure quality control.

Our initial payment threshold is only £5 (with a fee). If you want to minimise fees, then wait until you have accumulated £20. By doing so you will avoid fees if you're in the UK/US by cashing out with circle. Below that amount, circle cash outs are charged 1% + 10p fee.

PayPal cash outs are charged PayPal's 2.9% + 20p fee.

To get paid, simply click on the "Get Paid"-button in your participant account. It usually takes less than 48 hours for your payment to be processed, but in times of high throughput it can take up to 5 days.

If your PayPal/Circle email address is different from the one you signed up with on Prolific, it will be no problem to enter the correct PayPal/Circle email in your participant account.

You don't always get notified of new surveys, they sometimes email you, but if you are near a pc/smartphone with free time, worth checking throughout the day.

Some more information on it.

http://support.prolific.ac/category/10-category
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 September 2017 at 7:47AM
    Aesop wrote: »
    have you read martin's article?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

this may apply to quite a few of you. I keep telling people to hurry up and claim back PPI while you still can. the boat isn't going to be open forever.

Thanks for the link, Aesop:A. I hope it helps a lot of others but I don't think the Plevin ruling will apply to me as I've been paid out on the only 2 PPI accounts I had and people can't claim twice even though what's being claimed for is different (according to Martin):(.. There's another option for reclaiming PPI on closed credit cards as opposed to loans if exceptional circumstances apply. I'm still trying to find out if I ever had PPI on any of my now defunct card accounts. Highly unlikely that I did but I'm trying everything;).

Off to Post Office in a bit to post the book I sold on Amazon on Saturday plus to post a claim to M&S Bank by recorded delivery. I'm reluctantly having to send the original customer copy document that I hoped to retain in case I need to escalate my complaint to the Ombudsman. As it's the last copy on flimsy yellow paper the typing on it is barely legible even with a magnifying glass:eek:. I've tried to make scans etc but even with every possible enhancement the result is still totally illegible. That's why I'm having to send the original but I'm not happy about it and I'm sending it by recorded delivery. I've asked for its return in due course though and have to hope for the best;)
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    Thanks for the link, Aesop:A. I hope it helps a lot of others but I don't think the Plevin ruling will apply to me as I've been paid out on the only 2 PPI accounts I had and people can't claim twice even though what's being claimed for is different (according to Martin):(.. There's another option for reclaiming PPI on closed credit cards as opposed to loans if exceptional circumstances apply. I'm still trying to find out if I ever had PPI on any of my now defunct card accounts. Highly unlikely that I did but I'm trying everything;).

Off to Post Office in a bit to post the book I sold on Amazon on Saturday plus to post a claim to M&S Bank by recorded delivery. I'm reluctantly having to send the original customer copy document that I hoped to retain in case I need to escalate my complaint to the Ombudsman. As it's the last copy on flimsy yellow paper the typing on it is barely legible even with a magnifying glass:eek:. I've tried to make scans etc but even with every possible enhancement the result is still totally illegible. That's why I'm having to send the original but I'm not happy about it and I'm sending it by recorded delivery. I've asked for its return in due course though and have to hope for the best;)

Good luck. I would have photographed it just in case not. Returned to show ombudsman. I am sure it will be though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure