Toyota Car Finance

Comments

• yoshiyella
    yoshiyella Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The numbers sound reasonable and like they would be affordable to most. I would think the 7500 on finance would come in at 160-170 PM maybe. Do iT : )

I can vouch for Toyata's. The land cruiser in particular are bombproof. Well made cars.

When I did finance through them it took about a week if I remember. It was positive too.

Hope it works out.

I have received a Certificate of Acceptance - I assume then this means the finance has been set up? I know I need to go to the dealer and order the car etc.
  • I have a finance with toyota. can i claim PPI ?
  • XeNdEr wrote: »
    I have a finance with toyota. can i claim PPI ?

Whoa! Easy on the information overload there!

Let's start with step 1.

Did you have PPI?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Whoa! Easy on the information overload there!

Let's start with step 1.

Did you have PPI?
    What has that got to do with it, stop trying to put pertinent facts in the way of commmmmpensashun :rotfl:
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    XeNdEr wrote: »
    I have a finance with toyota. can i claim PPI ?

The PPI thread was more appropriate.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 January 2018 at 5:01PM
    iolanthe07 wrote: »
    only a fool buys a new car

But where would your used cars come from if fools like me didn't buy new? Anyway, speaking on behalf of all us fools who enjoy the feel, smell and sheer pleasure of buying brand new, it's our money and we'll do what we damned well like with it.

Same here. We are mortgage free, have no debts and don't waste money on expensive holidays every year. We do, however, enjoy the (affordable) luxury of having a brand new car every 3 years. Horses for courses.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2018 at 2:51PM
    jimbo747 wrote: »
    How can someone be a fool if they can afford a brand new car every 2 or 3 years? I don't buy second hand, I lease or PCP - often works out similar in cost to buying a car at 1 year old if you find a good deal but I get the full 3 years warranty, and I get to keep a large chunk of cash earning me interest. I work hard so I can enjoy things like new cars etc.

But you're not buying a new car every 2 or 3 years, you're renting one and one where someone dictates to you how much mileage you can do and what you can do to the car and penalises you financially if you don't do that. It doesn't work out similar to the cost of buying a car at one year old because when you buy that one year old car then in 3 years time you have a car. You have nothing.

Now I DO buy my cars. I pay for them outright, no finance company can come take them away, I can do a million miles a year in it if I choose, I can paint it whatever colour I want, I can bolt on a gawdy body kit and wheels if I want, I could cut off the roof if I want and nobody will send me a bill as a result because unlike you I actually own my vehicle. You don't own yours, the finance company does and they get to tell you what you can and cannot do to it.

You don't get to keep a large chunk of cash earning interest because you're constantly paying out every single month in perpetuity for the rental car you have sat on the drive. That claim is as stupid as someone who gets out a £10,000 loan to buy something so they can still have £10,000 in savings earning a pitiful amount so they feel like they have lots of money. You're kidding yourself.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that if that is what you like but don't for one single minute kid yourself you're buying anything with a PCP deal where you don't pay the balloon payment.
  • Tarambor wrote: »

Absolutely nothing wrong with that if that is what you like but don't for one single minute kid yourself you're buying anything with a PCP deal where you don't pay the balloon payment.

Scenario one: You buy a new car with cash for £15,000, keep it 3 years and do 30,000 miles, then sell it for £7500 and buy a new car.

Scenario two: You buy a new car on PCP for £15,000, keep it 3 years and do 30,000 miles, then give it back to the dealer with no obligation. The payments have cost you £7,500. During the 3 years, you invest the other £7,500 you haven't needed to hand over and make £750 in interest.

Which one is better?
  • Scenario 3. (My scenario). You do 30k miles a year. You can only pay cash or go for HP, not PCP. That was Tarambor's point. By buying outright you have the freedom to do what you want with the car. Including keep it for 6 years and trade in with 180,000 miles on the clock.

With PCP, you have a restricted mileage, and you have to hand it back in a condition in line with BVLRA standards or you are charged penalties.

A friend of mine has a car on PCP. She can do 6000 miles a year and has to hand it back after 4 years with no more than 28k on the clock. For me that is not doable.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 January 2018 at 4:49PM
    Scenario one: You buy a new car with cash for £15,000, keep it 3 years and do 30,000 miles, then sell it for £7500 and buy a new car.

Scenario two: You buy a new car on PCP for £15,000, keep it 3 years and do 30,000 miles, then give it back to the dealer with no obligation. The payments have cost you £7,500. During the 3 years, you invest the other £7,500 you haven't needed to hand over and make £750 in interest.

Which one is better?

The first because the second is fantasy. You never get a better deal on finance than buying outright because the cost of the finance is covered somewhere, either by interest which will be more than your £750 return or a higher purchase price so you're not getting like for like.

You're still better with option 1 because you own the vehicle so if you decide it isn't right for you you can change it whenever you like, if your circumstances change and you lose your job or suffer some other drastic loss of income not only have you not got a £150-£300 a month car payment to worry about but you have something you can sell to get money to cover bills.How many posts have we had on this board and the motoring board from people who have had their income change and are stuck in PCP deals they can no longer afford? There's pretty much not one single week where there isn't at least one. Finally if your mileage goes up you can do that without having to pay someone so much per mile for going over the 30,000 miles.

In regards to the last one PCP deal mileages for advertised rates tend to be so low that my week long road trip I take to France or Germany every year would constitute between 1/5th and 1/3rd of the total annual mileage of most PCP deals. That's 20-33% of the annual mileage used up in just one week. "I love my lovely new sports car, I'd love to take it on a road trip to the south of France but then I'd only be able to do 76 miles a week in it for the rest of the year if I did and I do 100 miles to work a week" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure