The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Cripes Shaggy, 500 calories in a bag! I can't stop once I unwrap a chocolate orange, so I totally get why you can't stop after a few mouthfuls either. I've had to ask OH to hid the last two I bought when they were £1, and I've donated the tin of Roses we won in a raffle to be another raffle prize for a different cause, so chocolate shouldn't be a problem. Once I start I'm lost, so I just can't allow myself to start for the whole of November. As for the cheese thing yesterday, I didn't actually intend to have no cheese at all, but I didn't mean to have it twice in one day either! I'm aiming for your achievement as my first milestone - 11 days sounds a reasonable first target so thanks for that, and well done.

No Maman, I can't have the stuff around tempting me. If it's not there when I get cravings I can eat a few dates, but if I can get hold of chocolate or cheddar, I'm gone for all money. It's only for November, so that I can chomp my way through Christmas. I'll see what more I need to do after OH's birthday on 6 January. Most people don't think I'm overweight, I know I could do with losing 8lbs, and ideally a stone, but I think most people who do slimming world would think I was taking the proverbial, because for my age I've got a pretty okay figure. My mother was slim until she had children and struggled with her weight all my life, so watching how unhappy that made her made me determined never to let that happen to me. I just put the brakes on before other people and I know I can lose 2lbs a week with no cheese and no chocolate.

2/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hope you had a good holiday Barny.:)

We're all different HB. Just reading on here there have been people who have to have no booze in the house at all to help them give up/cut down just like you with chocolate. I understand perfectly what you mean about those extra few pounds. I never weigh myself at home but I always know if I'm a bit overweight when clothes feel uncomfortable.

No drinking today.

2 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 November 2017 at 8:21PM
    Good evening everyone,
    2 AFD please Shaggyx
    Away for the weekend for a theatre trip which will involve a glass of fizz or two! Really looking forward to it. For those interested Twelfth Night at Stratford.

Arkers x
  • 2 for me, please!!
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    2/26 AFDs today
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,305 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning all, 3/21 for me please.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    3/11 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • Barny1979
    maman wrote: »
    Hope you had a good holiday Barny.:)
    It was good, but have a case of food poisoning I think now, been ill since Wednesday.

3/26 AFDs today
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    It was good, but have a case of food poisoning I think now, been ill since Wednesday.

3/26 AFDs today

Sorry to hear that Barny. Hope you feel better soon but maybe there's a silver lining.;)
    Arkers wrote: »
    Good evening everyone,
    2 AFD please Shaggyx
    Away for the weekend for a theatre trip which will involve a glass of fizz or two! Really looking forward to it. For those interested Twelfth Night at Stratford.

Arkers x

Have a great time. I was there in September, thoroughly enjoyed it.:)
  • Barny1979
    Well there's no lining on my stomach anyway haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure