Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• niagrafalls
    niagrafalls Posts: 14 Forumite
    Ty thought I was missing something really obvious �� will ring them Monday so I'll update, I love it, I really enjoy the tech retail they are my favs, I'm just getting my head round the cars, I do a full mix of low/better paid just to plan my days out. Learning as I go, ended up with 2 assignments in a big shopping centre that I thought more would come up so lost out financially but I see that as just building myself reputation and reliability and hopefully my scheduling will improve.
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Re ABAi - Their system is not allowing sign ups if they area you are in is over subscribed with shoppers.
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 749 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I found that too about Java Script
  • missymouse
    Why can't they say that then

ESA are irritating with job board. I don't fit criteria for visit but you waste my time by reading the brief then applying. Filter me out in the first place.
  • shell_belle
    shell_belle Posts: 615 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    missymouse wrote: »

ESA are irritating with job board. I don't fit criteria for visit but you waste my time by reading the brief then applying. Filter me out in the first place.

ESA's emails are irritating!!!!
    :rotfl:Survey Queen/Poundland Fanatic:rotfl:

• Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    missymouse wrote: »

I use to do the abai petrol jobs but for some reason I have never been giving visibility of their food shops at the petrol stations. Queried it but never got a response.
    Agree that ESA are a right pain as you don't know what the profile is for the job. Unfortunately that's the way they work for some of the assignments.
  • Moneysaver199
    Moneysaver199 Posts: 55 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2015 at 9:49AM
    Hi all

I'm new to mystery shopping, so I'm reading everything with care before accepting/doing any jobs just in case I make a mistake and don't get paid! Sometimes I find the instructions a bit unclear.

I'm looking at doing an MF freezer job. Does anyone know if you can only buy one item? The brief talks about purchasing an item. Given the reimbursement is £x, and the fee is quite low, I'm thinking it's best to spend as close to the £x as possible, but I can't imagine there's many single items around that price (other than huge pieces of meat and I'm veggie so that's no good!).

Does anyone know? Thanks :)
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    I always spend the reimbursement (please remove the amounts form your post) on what ever I want or what I am donating to the foodbank, it is normally quite a few tins, not had any issues getting the full amount back.
  • missymouse
    Buy a few items, whatever you require. and make sure you spend the reimbursement. It will be fine. I sometimes spend more anyway as you can use the time to buy whilst you are there.

My son usually gets something nice from food MS in his treat cupboard, nearly grown up :)

Foodbank is a great idea Graeme
  • I had this problem and managed to get around it for signup by using the Opera browser. It seems ABAis system may have outdated Java script and modern Browsers see it as a security flaw. Strange thing is that when you have signed up and got your password etc you can sign in on any browser.

On another note I logged in to my 'small seabird' shopping company website shop log today to see 'your account has been manually deactivated by T***". I have emailed two contacts at the company but no answer. I have only ever cancelled one assignment (the recent time sensitive small convenience stores) and all my other visits going back 18 months are good. I think a warning or at least an email would have been polite. Still as one door closes three more open up - I have made the plunge to video work. Respect to all who do it - its not easy. Huge thanks to DS and MSL for showing support and understanding. So there are good companies out there.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback