Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blackste
    • By blackste 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1,015Posts
    • 724Thanks
    blackste
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017 14th Jul 17 at 3:15 PM
    So after the old thread disappearing, this seems to be the new thread for discussion relating to prolific academy.

Standard rules please. No abusive posts, no flaming. Lets just make some money, and have some fun.
    Last edited by blackste; 14-07-2017 at 6:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
Page 111
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 18th Jan 18, 8:20 AM
    • 176 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    fluffig
    Another Prolific blog on the new user interface :
    http://blog.prolificacademic.co.uk/2018/01/16/new-participant-interface-designs
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 18th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 4,879 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Thank you for that, fluffig though, with the dearth of studies, it is all somewhat moot atm.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 18th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 665 Posts
    • 1,020 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Like the idea of being able to choose which studies to do- like there are enough to choose from.
    • sebloak
    • By sebloak 18th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    sebloak
    I don't think i've ever had more than one study appear at the same time.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 18th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 4,879 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I have, once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away...
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 18th Jan 18, 3:47 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    mikep22
    I don't think i've ever had more than one study appear at the same time.
    Originally posted by sebloak
    I've had it a few times. You just make a judgement call on which one is better value...or you might have one which is 4/100 and one which is 800/850, and decide that the 4/100 one cant wait but the 800/850 one would probably be there still in a few minutes.

Surveys are a little slow at the minute, but I've known it slower. You just ensure you have multiple different income streams at any given point.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606
    • kayemm
    • By kayemm 19th Jan 18, 9:32 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    kayemm
    Had hardly anything for days and then last night when I was at the theatre I got two emails about surveys within half an hour of each other. Obviously both had ended when I eventually got on....
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 19th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    mikep22
    Had hardly anything for days and then last night when I was at the theatre I got two emails about surveys within half an hour of each other. Obviously both had ended when I eventually got on....
    Originally posted by kayemm
    Rarr. How dare they send you surveys when you are at the theatre........

I made a bodge up myself last night. I had a survey on mind wandering, which was dreadfully boring inquisit thing. Then because I was like 20 mins into a 40 minute survey, I went to get a cuppa. Predictably got waylaid and subsequently timed out......the irony eh?
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 19th Jan 18, 2:50 PM
    • 4,217 Posts
    • 1,539 Thanks
    bengalknights
    Rarr. How dare they send you surveys when you are at the theatre........

I made a bodge up myself last night. I had a survey on mind wandering, which was dreadfully boring inquisit thing. Then because I was like 20 mins into a 40 minute survey, I went to get a cuppa. Predictably got waylaid and subsequently timed out......the irony eh?
    Originally posted by mikep22
    Was that the one where you avoid pressing 3?
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 19th Jan 18, 3:40 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    mikep22
    Was that the one where you avoid pressing 3?
    Originally posted by bengalknights
    Thats the one. I did that section, a few of the normal style questions, and was like...am well under 40 mins here, better make a cuppa. Then forgot it was running.

D'oh just does not do it justice...
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 19th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 4,879 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Even you are not infallible, mikep? Perhaps there is hope for us all! Had my first survey in eight days (only six places left, sorry) another Inquisit one, almost died of boredom but the Lip Lab are much better at paying than they used to be, atm.
    • LTedeschi
    • By LTedeschi 22nd Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    LTedeschi
    Hi everyone, I am at the "Welcome" part of the study Invented_spellings_prolific but each time I press "Start" an error message says "This experiment is not currently available". Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
    • Merlin's Beard
    • By Merlin's Beard 22nd Jan 18, 4:06 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 1,038 Thanks
    Merlin's Beard
    Hi everyone, I am at the "Welcome" part of the study Invented_spellings_prolific but each time I press "Start" an error message says "This experiment is not currently available". Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
    Originally posted by LTedeschi
    Sometimes if there's only one or two places available in a study, it just doesn't let you participate for whatever reason (whether it's because there are enough responses already so it's stopped or whatever). Or sometimes the researcher pauses the experiment. No way round it as far as I know.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,281Posts Today

10,136Users online

Martin's Twitter