Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Wannabe and INOD :)

Happy new year everyone :beer:. I had a great evening with DH and my parents, and even DS2 and DS3 joined us to see in the new year and watch the fireworks on the telly :T. We opened a bottle of Prosecco left over from the party :D. DS1 was at a friend's house.

My plans for today are:

- Take down all the Christmas decorations (apart from the fairy lights) DONE
    - Box them all up and put them in the void
    - Clean out the furry moron
    - Vacuum the downstairs
    - Dust all the surfaces
    - Go round the ceilings and picture rails with the feather duster

I'm just taking a rest after taking down the decorations, it's exhausting!

It won't be a NSD because DH has had to go out and buy rabbit good and sawdust already, but it will be an AFD mainly because DS3 helped me to drink it all last night :rotfl:.

Anyway as you can see I haven't done much off my list, so I'd better get a move on :).

Furry moron :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: love it.

How nice is it to get rid of the decorations. Three weeks is way long enough for me. I don't know how folks cope when they go up in November. :eek:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a lovely day HH x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Mines are still up but with everyone been ill in the abba household it can wait.......will probably try and get them down for tomorrow xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2018 at 5:35PM
    Furry moron :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: love it.

How nice is it to get rid of the decorations. Three weeks is way long enough for me. I don't know how folks cope when they go up in November. :eek:

:eek::eek: at the thought of decorations going up in November.
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Mines are still up but with everyone been ill in the abba household it can wait.......will probably try and get them down for tomorrow xx

Aw it's tricky when you're all sick, it's quite tiring taking them down I think. I find taking fairy lights off the big tree particularly tiresome :mad:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Have a lovely day HH x

Thanks Wannabe, you too :).

We wanted to start work today, but felt a bit meh, so decided to ease ourselves in gently by cleaning, tidying and de-cluttering the office. DH threw quite a lot of stuff away (for him) and it looks a lot better :T.

We've now got a broken floor fan and a useless air conditioner ready to go to the tip, along with four more rubbish bags. Some of the stuff that didn't get thrown away has been stored in more appropriate places. We've vacuumed, cleaned and polished in there too :).

We've still got an old laptop and two computers that DH says we can't throw away until he's sorted them out :mad: (they've been cluttering up the office for over a year :mad:) and big stacks of paperwork to go through, but it does look a lot better :j. We'll do the tip trip tomorrow and go through some of the paperwork too. When it's finished I think we'll feel more motivated and inspired to define our work goals for 2018 and get existing work completed :j.

We had a NSD today as we didn't leave the house, apart from our weekly NPower payment. Today will also be another AFD, helped by having none in the house :A.

We've been eating party leftovers and food from the fridge and freezer since 27th December, so haven't bought any food apart from milk and fruit since then. Tomorrow is my weekly grocery shop at Mr T so will aim to spend only £74 :money:.

It's been gloomy and misty all day so I'm glad I left up the fairy lights.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,696 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    AFD here too. We have tons in the house, but I think I have drunk so much that I am seriously fed up of it. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • I get like that Nicnak and I always sleep better when I haven't had alcohol.

My healthy eating isn't going too badly today. I've only eaten one thing I shouldn't and that's the last mince pie. Over the next few days my plan is to wean myself off unhealthy food, so I'm allowing myself to eat whatever I like as long as it's healthy. Then by the weekend I'll start to restrict my intake to 1500 calories a day. If I restart my walks around the same time then I should start losing a pound a week.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Happy New Year HHOD , sounds like you had a good new year. Easing into work is a good idea. I like that you bought yourselves a few bits in the sale , well deserved now you are debt free.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I have been eating chocolates that I dont even like :mad: & shortbread.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback