PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Unwelcome tenant.

Comments

• ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    unforeseen wrote: »
    No I didn't mean that. Consensual sex with a relative is a specific offence in the 2003 act

Him having sex with his own sister? I don't like the thought of that either tbh!
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    BTW he is only an alleged member of the register.
  • unforeseen
    ripplyuk wrote: »
    Him having sex with his own sister? I don't like the thought of that either tbh!

We'll don't look too far back into your genealogy, it use to be quite common.
  • unforeseen wrote: »
    We'll don't look too far back into your genealogy, it use to be quite common.

No it didn't! Cousins maybe, not siblings! :rotfl:
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    unforeseen wrote: »
    Why do you assume that the other party is a minor? Something from your childhood? I think that says a lot about your thought processes that you equated it with sex with a minor.

I'm used to hearing about 18yo guys with 17yo girls and ending up on the register. That's all. It's nothing to do with my thought processes.

And I know it's only 'alleged' but the OP sounds pretty sure of it. The rumours alone would be enough for me to want this tenant out immediately.
  • ripplyuk wrote: »
    I must be the only one who feels differently here. It's a sex offender! I'd want him out using whatever means necessary. And I wouldn't care which particular sex offence it is. The earlier post quotes 'simple voyeurism' as if it's something harmless.

OP, unfortunately if you've given this tenant a fixed term, I don't know of any (legal) means of removing him quickly. Since it's now local gossip, I would definitely make sure you have adequate home insurance.

You're not the only one.

As a woman - I feel differently.

If I were a parent - I'd feel differently.

So - no I wouldnt want that person as a neighbour either.
  • unforeseen
    No it didn't! Cousins maybe, not siblings! :rotfl:

Ever been to Norfolk? :rotfl:
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ripplyuk wrote: »
    I must be the only one who feels differently here. It's a sex offender! I'd want him out using whatever means necessary.

The legal way.
  • Consensual sex with your sister isn't rape unless she is under 16
  • You have no legal option to evict him if he has a tenancy. And he has served his time and has been deemed to be no risk to the public. Give the poor guy a chance and stop being so paranoid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure