overwhelmed new member

Comments

• Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Ah thanks :)
    Good luck with the DH & the cushions :) it is my pet hate when they aren't straight !!!

Do you know something ? Normally on a Saturday I would be sat drinking endless tea waiting for the car to pull up - today I am busy getting on with my own things - am off to my friends for a cup of tea , do some shopping & might pop into town later (though no spending !). If he wants to sit around wining about tough his life is - he can carry on but I won't be listening to it :D

Saturdays are too precious to waste !

Coco x

Cushions. Let's call them by their real name, sofa parasites. They sit there taking up space and quietly multiplying when you're not looking. Then, before you know it there's a couple of the nasty, sneaky things on the bed. And when that happen they bring in the second wave of the attack, the cuddly toys! :eek:

You could try another tactic, chuck the vacuum at him and tell him not to just sit there but to make himself useful. Give him a list of those jobs you need doing and give him a hard time about them. And when you go out take the Sky card with you, he won't be needing it. :)

A couple of weeks of that and I bet he'll start seeing the boys at his place. :rotfl:

You make his Saturday's at yours too easy and relaxing.

Anyway, enjoy your day and don't let him get you down.

I'm off round to see Mother, her first words will no doubt be "Oh, you're not dead then. I was beginning to wonder."

This evening I'm taking the camera for a walk to try and photograph the kingfishers I caught a glimpse of by the river on Thursday evening.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Coco114 wrote: »
    :eek:
    Ok scratch no spending apart from groceries ..... My only pair of slouch jeans no longer fit ..... It has become imperative I buy a pair of jeans
    The alternative ? I go about my life dressed to go out partying .... Or in my pjs .... I don't think my little town could cope with it :)

I apologise to all you MSE people , it has to be done & my budget is £20 ........

X

I don't wish to appear stupid but as only you and me will see this I'm prepared to risk it.

What are slouch jeans?
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    M you have made my day :D

Slouchy , comfy , boyfriend style jeans ?! Not remotely attractive :)

Enjoy your evening, sounds peaceful :)

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Coco114
    Meant to say .... Cuddly toys are the work of the devil - why any fully grown adult (or indeed anybody over 10) should wish to own one is beyond me !

Sadly the cushions are to cover up my crappy sofa :D

X
  • Hi Coco,

I don't think I can say anything unique to you here, so I'm just going to echo what everybody else has said in this thread...well done! :T

You're doing brilliantly, keep it up!!
    £1,106 of £2015 in 2015
  • Coco114
    Ah thanks Choccy :)

Had a lovely day :j left all 3 of them to it - went and have coffee with a friend , lunch with another and then spent afternoon shopping - just got back. They sorted their own lunch ( chocolate eclairs & ice cream ???!!!!! Useless !).

Ex went 5 mins after I got back (:D ) so going to make dinner, put my pjs on and watch a couple of DVDs with a glass wine. And tomorrow - no alarm clock :T

Spent £30 on jeans (yikes) and £25 in chemist but had to be done - have run out of everything. Lots of offers & a couple of vouchers so would have cost me about £50 ! I felt incredibly guilty spending money on me but it was all stuff I needed so .....
    Feel normal again after my busy day - I think I spend way too much time in this house worrying myself sick & it isn't doing me any good :) getting out & about was just what I needed !

Have a lovely evening everyone !

Coco
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    sounds good coco and sounds like you have a nice night a head of you enjoy :) xx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • t3904.gif I know what you mean about the reluctance to spend ££ when you really need something, you almost feel guilty!!
    Enjoy your t0339.gif and Dvd c0117.gif
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Coco,
    Just finished reading from start to finish and wanted to say well done for keeping your sense of humour with all you are going through.

You sound like an amazing lady.
    *subscribes*
    Keep up the good work
    X
    :T
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • Coco114
    Morning Bagpuss & thanks !:j

So glad I am not the only person up & reading diaries already :)

3rd positive day in a row for me :T even after an almighty row with eldest last night - but I didn't back down ! We ended up laughing about it though & it was over nothing really but I think we both felt better for it :rotfl:

Apart from that we had a lovely evening & watched football & a scary film. I didn't find it scary in the least but pretended I was so youngest could hug me .... Yep you guessed it , cue wardrobe checking, bedroom door open & 2 bad dreams in the night (that's him not me just to clarify :D )

One more cup of tea & then I must get on. Jobs must be done early today so I can sit & enjoy the football guilt free !!!

Coco x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport