Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Perranlady wrote: »
    Morning all, late to the party as usual, I have a nectar card, but it's not registered, will I still be able to join in?
    Yes, a man in front of me yesterday registered a new card at the till before he paid and got 2000 points :)
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good Morning :wave:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    lesliejack was yesterday's smartest player! :j:j:j

24 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier
  • Good morning all, cloudy one here but fine.

Zero point of getting the washing done early to get it out. By the time the first lot was done it would be 10 o'clock, it would only realistically have 7 hours to dry, it is too cool and there is no air movement. If it was blowing I would do it. Will just have to do it tomorrow and leave it on the airer while we go down to the wedding.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    I did say about all these people ordering from there , some sellers had pre sold near on 2,000 think alot are going to be disappointed :(

I took a risk :o

Best case - I'll have a child friendly version too :rotfl::rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 9:15AM
    Good morning all....

The bathroom in the rental is now of reasonable standard...so today we start the painting of the newly painted walls 8 months ago.....looking at it I think we may get away with one room not needing doing but annoyingly most of the ones that are the worst are ones where the radiator will need removing to get behind.

I've had a good look at the carpets and the more I look the more I see....so yesterday the man from the carpet shop came round to measure up so hoping his quote won't be too bad....the carpets were never in as new condition so it was always the plan to replace them in a couple of years ...just not at this particular point in time...they have been subjected to lots of cleaning in the past before we purchased the property and I wonder if they have now gone just beyond a spruce up....its a bit like a tipping point and I think they have reached theirs.

We are piecing together a little more of the story behind our tenants and it appears to be a complex one...they moved in at the beginning of the year and all was good for a few months then something happened and we now understand that for the last 3 months there has been a steady stream of different occupants (this coincided with us giving the original tenants notice after one expressed a desire to be removed)....each staying a few nights and moving on...from the outside all appeared well and rent was paid on time but inside this was clearly brewing behind closed doors.

Hopefully by the end of next week...this week will be behind us and we can move onwards to a new tenancy with someone else....nature of the game.

I am trying to fit a petrol shop in to my day ...probably only got room in the tank for one shot but I do have 2 empty green containers that could take a second go.

I need to shop too...I've got a list of the essentials I need but I can almost feel my resolve dropping before I even get to the supermarket...this weekend is possibly going to prove very difficult to resist temptation!!!!!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 October 2016 at 9:22AM
    Good morning! Fell asleep in front of the Tv again last night :o. I have so many part watched programmes, thankfully catch up helps.

I already have £500 in N3ctar points collected and not used over the years :eek: ... but will be heading to S to play :). I used a few for PEx and the cinema but Bonita looked properly what to spend them on. I did get a Tassi on double up and they gave me half back as a bonus :D.

Anon
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Good morning all

I have a huge message list for next weekend and will end my frugal signature next week

I am working two budgets as I need 18 three course meals for DH's friends next Saturday Alcohol is in except some beer but will track how I do just out of interest He does not want legs of lamb I have 2, nor does he want a large gammon joint all of which are in the freezer

Enjoy your day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport