abr1343l.jpg
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Forumite
    :j:j:j

SIZE="5"][/SIZE]NSD 2:rotfl:
    Kept off the www as apparently it's the busiest weekend...maybe next weekend will have more bargains:)

Sent from iPad, not sure if the graphics come out, edit - apologies unable to get the font size and colour to change....what did I do wrong?

Have to start somewhere...here seems like a good place:T
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sazzie23 wrote: »
    :j:j:j

NSD 2:rotfl:
    Kept off the www as apparently it's the busiest weekend...maybe next weekend will have more bargains:)

Sent from iPad, not sure if the graphics come out, edit - apologies unable to get the font size and colour to change....what did I do wrong?

Have to start somewhere...here seems like a good place:T

Hi Sazzie, you just missed a bracket off in front of SIZE, also make sure that you type your NSD in between the SIZE brackets........to check what I did quote my post and you will see.

Hope that helps
    IF...x

NSD 2:rotfl:
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    NSd number 2 for me today:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • NSD 2 As sad as it is, i have already started planning next christmas. I had a great idea for presents for my family, which will take a bit of planning. Basically i'm going to do hampers for each member of various themes, after seeing some people had done it for their friends and family. So, instead of buying everything at once i am going to buy little things throughout the year. It starts from next pay day!
  • mimi35
    mimi35 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hello,
    Had my first NSD yesterday and today will be no spend day as well so that will be

2/20
    Debt 1 (1/11/12) CC - £3,694.27:eek: - one at a time - 3 more in hiding:(
    DDD member #29
    NSD - December 7/20
  • NSD #1 for me today!! Yay! I'm off the starting line!! :j
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Emslovesmickey - I did that a couple of years ago, thinking it would be cheaper to buy lots of little gifts for a hamper, rather than 1 or 2 bigger ones. Turned out to be not true!! Family loved the hampers, but it was my most expensive Christmas in a long time! Be really strict with yourself over number of items in the hamper, as well as a spending limit for each.

Anyway, going to declare NSD1 as done!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • Hello everyone :D not had a chance to catch up yet so hope all are well & lots of lovely NSDs being caught!

Not one for me - had a lovely night down with DM&DF and it was great to see them & especially Maisie *sigh* - we had lots of lovely cuddles and so happy she still remembers her "mum":D. She's been away for 8 weeks now :eek: and is having a fab time there but I do miss her loads ......

DM stopped in town on the way back & finally managed to get the storage trolley I've been after for weeks now (after getting the faulty one from e*bay!) and it's fab - it looks sooooo much tidier in that corner so money well spent I think!:T
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    2ym65q8.gif

Hi lovely NSD gang:A
    As you can see there is lots of activity on this challenge at the moment and it's difficult sometimes to see how many NSDs you're all declaring on posts.
    Could I ask you to highlight your number of NSDs in a colour and in bold so that I can see them easily when I whizz through the posts - red would be best but I don't really mind as long as I can see the numbers easily.

Some helpful suggestions and ideas to follow below from our sponsor and godmother, BigMummaF :A

NO SPEND CHALLENGE.

1. Have a good, long think about what YOU want to include in your Spend & Excluded categories.
    Some of us count everything from Direct Debits & school expenses, while others do not include things like essential Bills or emergency medical costs. If you plan what is or is not a Spend for you now, it will help you decide on a realistic Target.
    2. It is NOT a race!
    We all have very different demands on our time & bank balance, so please do not think you have to buy everything on 1st January & make it last till 31st December! A few of us have been following this Challenge for a long...long...LONG time so have developed plans & ploys to help us along the way wink2.gif
    3. Most important of all, WE..DO..NOT..FAIL!
    Sometimes we can't quite reach our Target, but that is fine :) Everyone knows how Life will try to trip us up, & that is when you will find us here to help you back on to your feet.

OK, an idea of how some of us do things.
    1. What you will or will not include as a 'Spend'.
    Some people are doing other challenges too, & don't include the money spent on those for this one.
    Some will try to shop for other bits on the days their direct debits etc go out of their bank accounts; they're the real hard core of the bunch sport-smiley-003.gif & have been l-o-n-g time Nsders so don't panic :p
    Some won't count those annoying last minute demands from school & collections as you can't plan for them in advance, likewise emergency prescriptions or visits to the vet :(
    Personally speaking & providing I don't buy anything else, I don't count parking for hospital appointments.(..but then I usually do my shopping because I'm already out :whistle:)
    General thoughts on €bay sales is the buyer has paid P&P so no cost to you :D
    2. It takes Time to reach mega-numbers!
    The First suggestion is the first, because a bit of planning will work wonders on your road to your Target. Have a look at thefirst posts each month for a hefty list of other threads that may be of help. For example, there's a few giving ideas for packed lunches so you can avoid standing in the queue at the bakers for 45mins of your lunch hour! A good incentive to tweak your healthy eating & the pounds you save will show in your bank balance AND your waistline action-smiley-076.gif
    It helps to have various 'money pots' for the different costs that happen like Scouts, dinner money, yoga, window cleaner etc etc. The idea is you "spend" all that money in one hit by..:think:..
    let's say **putting the week's bus fares into the pretty coffee jar, Jo's tumble tots SIZE=2]Weds mornings[/SIZE in the cracked teapot & Ben's £1 coin for the gym locker SIZE=2]Friday lunch[/SIZE in the pocket of the changing bag, on Tuesdays every week when you've got some change from doing the food shop, so an already spendy day. At least four 'spending days' condensed into one ;) (**mine's jam jars for windows, milkman & a bit towards the bills!)
    3. Any day the money stays in your pocket is a bonus!
    If you look at it as a day you beat the system, you can't help but :j so don't fret it--ENJOY! If nothing else in here, we do manage find something to make us smile :D

We have virtual outings to wonderful places that never cost us a bean :rotfl:New York, Edinburgh & Brighton have been a couple & Spoon usually pilots the Tardis but you can use your own transport; my personal favourite has been a sit-on lawn mower borrowed from the cricket club :D The only thing to be aware of is Hubert the donkey who is partial to anything remotely edible but is not yet house-trained :o

And Remember;
    there are no silly questions, so don't be afraid to ask us anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport