IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkDirectuk - BPA and IPC member..

Options
Hi all,

Ive read the sticky, but am a little confused..

Got a parking ticket, yada yada, ticked the box "the infringement di not happen" and got the expected rejection.

However, the letter only states that I can appeal through the IAS.. and there is no POPLA code in the letter.

The letter has both BPA and IPC logos at the bottom..

Can I use the standard letter format on the sticky and then expect a POPLA code, or am I stuck with going through the IAS?..

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you are stuck with the IAS (you have already appealed and failed)

the BPA logo will be a corporate logo , not an AOS logo which has a different shape

the NEWBIES sticky thread explains about the IAS
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    date of parking incident please?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Rojaws
    Rojaws Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    date of parking incident please?

20/7/16.. just got the rejection letter today..
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ahh , they only moved to the ipc a few mths earlier , just a thought
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Rojaws
    Rojaws Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, so Im pretty much screwed then as it seems the IAS is a waste of space?...
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rojaws wrote: »
    Ah, so Im pretty much screwed then as it seems the IAS is a waste of space?...

Of course you are not screwed, the only screwing going on is the PPC and the IAS trying to screw/extort money from you

Next along will be silly debt collectors who come from the planet Troll
    quoting the most amazing rubbish WHICH YOU IGNORE, don't contact these pond life by whatever means

Then maybe .. the pièce de r!sistance
    A letter from Gladstones solicitors who own the IPC/IAS and by then the scam circle is complete.

If you get court papers or Letter Before Action, please come back here for further help
  • Rojaws
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback chaps..

So is it worth going through the IAS before I get the inevitable follow on letters?

And what would be my best steps once they do start arriving?..
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    some say yes , some say no , I say no , waste of time

its an LBC or MCOL you need to deal with, sometime in the next 6 years

meanwhile ignore the debt collectors , file alll the paperwork from up to now , now , and in the future in a folder or lever arch box

then only reply when the LBC or MCOL arrive
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Rojaws wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback chaps..

So is it worth going through the IAS before I get the inevitable follow on letters?

Absolutely not. My view is based on the fact that you WILL LOSE and then the PPC will be buoyed by that and if they ever sue over this 'charge' they'd wave the IAS pseudo-decision at the Judge to back up their case, saying it is a fair ADR. We know it is not. You would get a fairer hearing at county court, honestly.

Search this parking sub-forum for the word 'kangaroo' to find all the other people with IPC 'charges' who are steadfastly ignoring the 'IAS' offer, ignoring the following debt collector letters (but obviously not ignoring court claims).

Anyone who pays is joining the scam, do not be that person. Debt collector letter stage, read this, no updates about the letters...please!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

You need NO HELP ignoring debt collector letters so do not respond if any poster with less than 1000 posts, contacts you by pm offering to 'help' off-forum. We do not do that and the person could be anyone/from the dark side.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • parkingwoes_2
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    We do not do that and the person could be anyone/from the dark side.

What is this anyone from the 'dark side ' you are keen on spouting ?

@ Rojaws - whilst you are not making a formal appeal to the IAS, you should file OFFICIAL COMPLAINTS TO

The parking company/ IPC
    The DVLA
    The ICO
    The IPC

The complaints should point out that should further demands be received, your Data is now being unfairly processed due to a lack of INDEPENDENT SECONDARY APPEAL which the parking company subscribes to under the IPC.

Draft up complaint for critique before sending.

The parking companies are required to keep a REGISTER of complaints which can be inspected by the DVLA.

A separate complaint should also go to the landowner.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure