solar company gone bust.

Options
The company that fitted my solar panels are no longer trading, I had them fitted 2 years ago by a company called class energy in Leeds.
today I got a email from a company called Eco partners saying
we are sorry to inform you that your solar fitter is no longer trading and as a authorised dealer in Enphase we would like to check the system to make sure it was correctly fitted and it is registered to our address not the company who fitted it.
And we would like to give you a free health check on your panels.

Now do I contact them ? I do own the panels and the system is registered to me ( I think, you do start do question yourself )
And as soon as they say we offer a free health check, you know they'll say something was fitted wrong.
Jane x

Comments

• Exiled_Tyke
    Exiled_Tyke Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds to me like that are just touting for business. I'd stay well away. After all what are they going to check? That your panels need cleaning?

If you ever have an issue I'd start researching who the good companies are in the area. I believe there is still a reputable firm in the Burley Rd area of Leeds?
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • rockchick113
    Options
    After reading the Emil again, I realised they did not even have my name. So I’ll give them a miss.
    Where do I stand if I have any problems in regards guarantees ? With the company going bust.
    Jane x
  • Exiled_Tyke
    Options
    saxonman wrote: »
    After reading the Emil again, I realised they did not even have my name. So I’ll give them a miss.
    Where do I stand if I have any problems in regards guarantees ? With the company going bust.

Guarantees from the installer are now dead and worthless. Guarantees from the manufactures of equipment should still be ok. You need to contact them directly if you have a problem. If anything needs replacing you will probably pay for the labour though.
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • Exiled_Tyke
    Options

A further thought: Has your installer really gone bust or are they really trying it on?
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A further thought: Has your installer really gone bust or are they really trying it on?

According to Companies house the company went into voluntary Liquidation in Oct 2016 owing £97,578
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Hiya, you could check to see if their guarantee was backed by an insurance policy. Some are in case of business failure.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • pile-o-stone
    Options
    I've used Leeds Solar for both my solar installs and will use them again on my third if it's allowed. They're extremely knowledgeable and not pushy in any way, their workmanship is first class and their workforce really helpful and friendly. I can't recommend them highly enough for anyone looking for an installer in the Leeds (and beyond - I'm actually in North Lancashire).

I have no connection to the company, just a very satisfied customer.
    5.18 kWp PV systems (3.68 E/W & 1.5 E).
    Solar iBoost+ to two immersion heaters on 300L thermal store.
    Vegan household with 100% composted food waste
    Mini orchard planted and vegetable allotment created.
  • Hoi-polloi
    Options
    Hi

We’ve had the same email twice, reportedly from eco partners uk, not addressed to us by name. We have Enphase microinverters and have online access to how much electricity our system is producing and everything seems fine, I felt it was some sort of scam so I haven’t responded to them.
    I also checked out our installer and they have ceased trading but I’m not concerned as the micro-inverters are covered by the Enphase warranty.
    I telephoned Enphase customer support (01908 828928) and they are no longer taking calls from system owners and to email them (support_uk@enphase.com)
    Whilst eco partners may be legitimate, the email address looked suspect to me (sent@delivery.kulahub.net) so we’ll continue to ignore this email.
    We’re in North Kent and our installer was Ecotech Home. Hope this helps.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

You could see if the installer had been registered with these people. You would generally get paperwork at the time of install to indicate if they were

http://www.insurancebackedguarantee.org.uk/
  • rockchick113
    Options
    Hoi-polloi wrote: »
    Hi

We’ve had the same email twice, reportedly from eco partners uk, not addressed to us by name. We have Enphase microinverters and have online access to how much electricity our system is producing and everything seems fine, I felt it was some sort of scam so I haven’t responded to them.
    I also checked out our installer and they have ceased trading but I’m not concerned as the micro-inverters are covered by the Enphase warranty.
    I telephoned Enphase customer support (01908 828928) and they are no longer taking calls from system owners and to email them (support_uk@enphase.com)
    Whilst eco partners may be legitimate, the email address looked suspect to me (sent@delivery.kulahub.net) so we’ll continue to ignore this email.
    We’re in North Kent and our installer was Ecotech Home. Hope this helps.

I’m glad it’s not only me that’s had these emails. I’ve had 4 so far. Like you say the email address is a bit dodgy.
    Jane x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport