Who or what company owns the PAC code ID mobile number ?

Comments

• MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Enceladus wrote: »
    You've been very clear that calls to your number are routing to the third party 1p mobile. and that calls from your iD mobile correctly route to the destination and it's your number is displayed.

However do you know if the 1p mobile is able to make calls? And if so what number is displayed?

In the scenario which you describe, switching your phone on and registering on a network should disable the 1p mobile and vice-versa. The number can only be active on one SIM at a time. And each SIM has unique serial number called an IMSI. If it wern't like that it would be easy to steal a number or to listen into somebody else's calls.

At the moment I don't believe it's a good idea to attempt the port to Tesco. It seems to me that there is a significant possibility that you will end up losing the number. And also you will be dealing with yet another MVNO that does not have any capability to fix the issue.

You need to persuade iD to escalate the issue to Three. Three will have to liaise with EE to get this fixed. Ultimately one or the other of you is going to have a new number.

I wonder if the iD mobile is actually a port from somewhere else that's gone wrong? Do you know?

However do you know if the 1p mobile is able to make calls? And if so what number is displayed - Info if true from the 1P technical centre man suggested that he is also displaying the same number when he phones out.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • MoneyMate
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    It's seems to been some kind of port split.
    The outgoing calls/diverts aren't part of the issue here.

What are the first 5 digits (07***) - this should identify the donor network as either Vodafone or EE.

Sorry but I know you are only trying to help BUT im not disclosing any more of my number, every one already has the ending in "000" :beer:
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    PHK wrote: »
    The key to understanding this is what number the other person thinks they have.

There are three possibilities here:

The scenario you describe where the number has been accidentally duplicated.

A routing error ie calls to your number are being routed to the wrong SIM. (There is no central database of phone numbers and so when you port a number the call actually goes to your original provider who route it to your current provider - you can find out more about this on the Ofcom website - sometimes the original network makes a mistake during porting and forwards the call incorrectly) In this case the other person would have a different number and be wondering why they have strange calls and text.

The final possibility is that 1p (or whoever handles it for them) have put a redirect in place.

This is further complicated by some virtual operators paying the host network to do things like this on their behalf. Others do it themselves.

The best way to handle this is to insist that it's handled as a failed port by the MNP team at your operator. Depending on which scenario it is could mean it takes a while to resolve.

so when someone phones me, does it go to Cellnet, then 02, then Vodafone, then three?
  • MoneyMate
    Wow ID are now trying to contact me as I started a case through Resolver, pity they can't contact me through my mobile as its constantly engaged (Not me ) perhaps they will contact me on my home phone as instructed ?
  • How do you know that iD are trying to contact you?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    How do you know that iD are trying to contact you?

The OP has already stated they are emailing him.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    Wow ID are now trying to contact me as I started a case through Resolver, pity they can't contact me through my mobile as its constantly engaged (Not me ) perhaps they will contact me on my home phone as instructed ?

Mobile phone companies seem to be a bit dense in that regard, I had a dispute with Vodafone, which was my phone wasn't working, they kept trying to call me on it instead of my house phone
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Not just the mobile companies. You wouldn't believe how many customers call to complain that their mobile phone isn't working only to reveal that they're calling from the affected handset.
  • The issue that the OP faces is that he has impaired service and iD are responsible to him. However iD as an MVNO likely have no actual control over the solution. That relies on Three in collaboration with EE (as provider to 1p). So somehow the OP needs to escalate the problem within iD such that it further escalates to Three.

I'm not sure that the OP has any strict legal right to his number as opposed to a contract for the use of a service. The easy answer would be for iD/Three to do nothing other than issue a new number. Especially if you're no longer a customer.

So I wouldn't want to attempt a port until I stood on firmer ground.

Anyway there are differences between how calls originating on the mobile network and those from other sources such as landlines are initially handled.

You have advised that a call from your landline goes to the 1p mobile.
    Are you able to test what happens with a call from another Three or iD mobile?
    And from a mobile on some other network?
  • MoneyMate
    edited 17 December 2017 at 11:11AM
    The issue that the OP faces is that he has impaired service and iD are responsible to him. However iD as an MVNO likely have no actual control over the solution. That relies on Three in collaboration with EE (as provider to 1p). So somehow the OP needs to escalate the problem within iD such that it further escalates to Three.

I'm not sure that the OP has any strict legal right to his number as opposed to a contract for the use of a service. The easy answer would be for iD/Three to do nothing other than issue a new number. Especially if you're no longer a customer.

So I wouldn't want to attempt a port until I stood on firmer ground.

Anyway there are differences between how calls originating on the mobile network and those from other sources such as landlines are initially handled.

You have advised that a call from your landline goes to the 1p mobile.
    Are you able to test what happens with a call from another Three or iD mobile?
    And from a mobile on some other network?

ID went to 1p chap at one time , now all calls to my number have a strange engaged sound so no one including ID help line can contact me.
    I have a theory that ID are frightened to phone landlines :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income