Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• ox-boy
    ox-boy Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

What success have people had with negotiating a deal for Sky Fibre Unlimited and Landline? My existing 12 month contract is coming to an end.

I have just negotiated another year of 60% discount off my TV package (sports & box sets).

Sky are now charging a £10 admin fee for the privilege of adding a discount deal!

Thanks in advance.
  • Gavgooner
    Gavgooner Posts: 22 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I got a offer for 75% off tv package plus £30 credit with no contract on the sky chat. Don't take first offer, if you fail first time keep trying, make sure you have cancelled sky to get best offers. I have the sky full package for £18.50.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    The fun has started. Just cancelled my TV package to get a deal for bbband and phone.

Let everyone know how it progresses.
  • Mchambers
    Options
    I was paying £9.99 per month for unlimited bband, anytime calls and line rental. Was also paying £25-00 per month for all Sky sports channels and Sky TV original pack (was 50% off tv).

Today got 50% off TV original pack + all sky sports with a £20 credit and i am not in contract for TV so can cancel anytime.

Also got £2 per month off for unlimited bband, £50 credit, unlimited calls and line rental.

Total cost per month will be less than £50 per month.

Not as good as what I was paying before I realised that I would not get a like bband and phone deal.

I am still pleased.
  • mgns
    mgns Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I was paying £9.99 per month for unlimited bband, anytime calls and line rental.

Also got £2 per month off for unlimited bband, £50 credit, unlimited calls and line rental.

I've not got TV with Sky but was interested to see what kind of broadband and talk discount you were able to get (after going through with a cancellation).

Could you break down your BB & Talk deal a bit more? What is the total price that you are getting £2 off and £50 credit?

I've cancelled my BB & Talk but have not seen any offers within my online account - does this only appear for TV customers?
  • Mchambers
    Options
    mgns wrote: »
    I've not got TV with Sky but was interested to see what kind of broadband and talk discount you were able to get (after going through with a cancellation).

Could you break down your BB & Talk deal a bit more? What is the total price that you are getting £2 off and £50 credit?

I've cancelled my BB & Talk but have not seen any offers within my online account - does this only appear for TV customers?

My unlimited bband, unlimited phone and line rental works out at approx £25 per month. I tried Plusnet and Ttalk but as their costs were at least £25 per month, I did not bother moving and leaving sky,
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My unlimited bband, unlimited phone and line rental works out at approx £25 per month. I tried Plusnet and Ttalk but as their costs were at least £25 per month, I did not bother moving and leaving sky,

I get Talktalk Fibre for that price - surprised you could not get a better offer for ADSL.
  • mgns
    mgns Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

Without cancelling, I was offered £18.99 line rental + free adsl bb + half price eve & weekend calls + £20 credit.

Your bb offer looks to be in line with that, plus an extra £30 credit.
  • css
    css Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ox-boy wrote: »
    Hi All,

What success have people had with negotiating a deal for Sky Fibre Unlimited and Landline? My existing 12 month contract is coming to an end.

I have just negotiated another year of 60% discount off my TV package (sports & box sets).

Sky are now charging a £10 admin fee for the privilege of adding a discount deal!

Thanks in advance. t

Got my bank bill and saw that sky had double charged me, just realised that 1 year sky sub was up. God time goes quick

Was on Sky box sets 50% = £19
    Sky multiroom 50% = £6

rang to cancel max he said was 40% of box sets for 18 months or 50% of for 12 months plus the admin. What a joke.

Now their charging you for deals

Done the cancellation for august, lets see how it goes. Currently only showing 50% of sky + tv subscription in my sky
  • SIRUSKEY
    SIRUSKEY Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Been off now for 2 weeks. No calls or letters!

Maybe the 75% is a thing of the past?

Getting on well with the nowtv.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport