Oops my name on tickets not my sister's

Options
Hi, bought 2 tickets for a gig for my sister and oh, they were selling out quick so did it in a mad panic. Now realised it doesn't have my name on - it says I should have put the guest name down. Agh! It's a lot of money, u have emailed them. Think I will be able to change it? I could give them my driving license so it's obvious i'm not a ticket tout.

Comments

• DevilsAdvocate1
    Options
    This sort of thing really annoys me as I used to often buy tickets as presents and can't now.

I bought some for my husband last Christmas. I bought 2 tickets so he could take someone with me - I didn't want to go as the band are not my cup of tea. However, I received an email saying that they person who bought the tickets had to present id or everyone could be refused. Great, but I wasn't even intending to go.

I did manage to get them changed in the end but think I did it through the band's management company. Think they'd had to do this for a lot of people.

Good luck. I didn't have to pay any extra to have them changed.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Refer to the T and C's of the vendor, if they will then they will almost certainly make an admin charge.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    A lot don't check. If it you're ed Sheehan of the world - possibly, but most just get scanned and in
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • misfire
    misfire Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have heard of people talking the buyers i.d and a letter from the buyer saying that they bought the tickets for the attendee.

I personally have only had this once - I broke all my principles (for Matt Goss lol) and bought tickets from a secondary resale site - they had someone elses name on, the venue just scanned the tickets and let us through (actually we got sent to the box office - mad panic - but it was to upgrade our tickets lol).

I am sure it will be fine but you could always ring the venue to check.
    Debt free May 2016 (without the support of MSE forum users that would never have been possible - thank you all)
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 January 2018 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Maybe MSE needs a Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets forum where things like this can be done again and again?

Personally I cannot see how buying tickets, correctly or not can be considered 'Going Out'..?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure