Who are Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd?!

I have just checked my credit report on experian and all these searches come up from this one company and it seems very odd as I have not applied for credit with them.

Entry Number: P1
Searched on: 15/04/2011
Searched By: LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD
Application Type: Unrecorded Enquiry

Entry Number: P2
Searched on: 25/03/2011

Entry Number: P3
Searched on: 02/02/2011

Entry Number: P4
Searched on: 01/02/2011

Entry Number: P5
Searched on: 14/12/2010

Entry Number: P6
Searched on: 08/11/2010

Entry Number: P7
Searched on: 19/10/2010

Entry Number: P8
Searched on: 08/08/2010

Entry Number: P9
Searched on: 20/07/2010

Entry Number: P10
Searched on: 19/07/2010

Entry Number: P11
Searched on: 16/05/2010
Searched By: EXPERIAN CONSUMER SERVICES
Application Type: Credit Report
Note: This information was provided to us by you when you applied for your Experian credit report online.

These are all the entries on my credit report in the past 12 months.
Does anyone have any clue who Lowell Portfolio are and why would they input so many searches on my credit report? I haven't checked it for a while as I don't have much credit on but I did today and am panicking a bit now. I haven't applied for any credit at all in the past year.
Could anyone help please? :(

Comments

• kerrypn
    kerrypn Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    I think they are a debt collection agency
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    They are debt collectors, and they will have been searching your report as they probably think you have a debt that you owe to them.

Good news is that only you can see these "unrecorded enquiries". A potential creditor checking your report won't see them, so the searches haven't trashed your file/rating.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    They are a debt collection company. They are probably trying to find you or someone else with your name. If your date of birth is different they won't get any more information. As it's an enquiry only I wouldn't worry about it.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • d-van
    d-van Posts: 38 Forumite
    Thank you for your replies!
    I don't owe them anything, never even heard of them. And I don't understand why would they think I do? Should I contact them and find out what's this all about?
  • HappyMJ
    Combo Breaker First Post
    d-van wrote: »
    Thank you for your replies!
    I don't owe them anything, never even heard of them. And I don't understand why would they think I do? Should I contact them and find out what's this all about?
    Quick aren't they. I'm impressed as well. No need to contact them. It's not you it's the other d-van from some other town they are just fishing. Not much you can do without ringing bells. It may be an old bill that you really had forgotten about. If that bill doesn't appear then forget it.
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • d-van
    I find this extremely odd. I have only ever had 3 credit agreements in my life (I just graduated uni) and none of them are in debt or with them. If it doesn't trash my report then I shall leave it alone but I find it very disturbing that they can do this.
  • HappyMJ
    Combo Breaker First Post
    They want to find someone. So they do an enquiry. -Name: d-van -Previous Address: 742 Evergreen Terrace -Date of Birth: 1st Jan 1980. It comes back negative so they try again in a month until someone who is called d-van matches with that profile. If it does match then Experian/Equifax will give them the new address. It may not be a credit agreement it may be an old gas/elec bill or anything.
  • d-van
    Thanks. It might be because I was living in halls throughout my uni years and that's the address registered on experian? However I did not pay bills as they were all included in the rent. Shall I just leave it alone then?
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    They want to find someone. So they do an enquiry. -Name: d-van -Previous Address: 742 Evergreen Terrace -Date of Birth: 1st Jan 1980. It comes back negative so they try again in a month until someone who is called d-van matches with that profile. If it does match then Experian/Equifax will give them the new address. It may not be a credit agreement it may be an old gas/elec bill or anything.
    Hmm. So they wait a month and try again in the hope that their DOB has changed? A whole universe full of intelligent lifeforms, but none yet discovered working in a DCA .
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mo786uk
    mo786uk Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Hmm. So they wait a month and try again in the hope that their DOB has changed? A whole universe full of intelligent lifeforms, but none yet discovered working in a DCA .

It might be that each search relates to a DIFFERENT debt. I spose it depends on what OPs real name is etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure