Tescos refuse all "safe coupons"

This is the second time I have had "SAFE COUPONS" refused at Tesco.

This time it was for todays advertised "Goodfellows Pizza deal"

They informed me that they NEVER accept these coupons!!

I do wish that MSE researchers would get their facts straight before writing articles in the weekly email. (last week a researcher claimed it wasn't worth asking Virgin for Broadband only).

Comments

• Will it definitely work?
    Goodfella’s T&Cs state!the coupon should be accepted at all major supermarkets and convenience stores that stock the pizza, so it’s definitely worth a try. If you don’t live near a Tesco, the next cheapest pizza is the ‘deep pan’ variety!at Asda* where it’s on offer at!£1.25, so!you’ll get it for 25p!with the coupon. We asked Asda if the pizza is available at all stores, and when the offer is running until but it’s yet to get back to us.
    We do hear reports occasionally of checkout staff not accepting coupons, which can be due to error or inexperience. If this happens to you, try asking politely to speak to the manager about the store’s coupon policy.
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    We do hear reports occasionally of checkout staff not accepting coupons, which can be due to error or inexperience. If this happens to you, try asking politely to speak to the manager about the store’s coupon policy.

This...I have asked for supervisors to double check before now - and THEN coupons have been accepted. Checkout staff are playing it safe - if they don't know its easier and quicker for them to simply say no.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • I used my Goodfellas coupon at Tesco yesterday and it worked fine. I did use a self service till, as there weren't many checkouts open but it was accepted first time. I know that Tesco have sometimes scanned the wrong barcode on my coupons but I ask them to scan the other barcode and it works. I always ensure that I buy the correct product for the coupon, so if they query anything I'm covered. I'm sorry to hear that your local store was so unhelpful.
  • I politely asked to speak to the Manager at the Customer service till & and lot of checking was done on the phone only to be told again that they never accept any coupons issued by Safe Coupons.
  • Had this with a Revlon voucher the other day - ASDA are rude in my local store so it's all down to Morrisons but I don't mind as I can gain More points!
    Motorsport Fanatic & Comper
  • I know this post is old but Tesco do accept all coupons including printables. If you email the customer service email address on their website and ask for a copy of their coupon policy then they will happily send it to you.
    They even have a offer where if you want to purchase an item that is on sale but there is none on the shelves or in the stockroom out back then they give you a vochure which says that you can purchase the item at the sale price next time you are in store, even if the offer has ended. I cannot remember what it is properly called but I have it on an email from a few days ago as I was refused to use a printable coupon when I knew they were accepted before as I use coupons with every shop I do, normally use Asda so I double checked with HQ xx
  • Hi
    I have put a few coupons through Tesco recently and so far they have accepted them, I have bought all the items. I have heard of others from my local who sometimes have problems with checkout staff not accepting coupons but they have told me to always ask to speak to someone senior and it has worked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure