The Smoosh Bottle...........

Comments

• Nowt for me again yesterday & I doubt anything again today.

Spent £1.20 on popcorn in Superdrug & paid by card so no cash on me.

Will try & see what smoosh the DH has when I get home tonight.

Dxxx
  • Was on another part of the forum & someone was saying they just don't get people who save coins, it made me think of how much hassle it is going to be to get it all paid into the bank so I checked & with Nationwide I can pay in a maximum of 5 bags per working day.

I don't think that will bother me too much, will get some exercise in when I am walking to the bank then each day when it shows on my online banking will switch it over to a savings account.

Dxxx
  • £0.25 in the smoosh bottle yesterday from DH.

Dxxx
  • £0.40p courtesy of the DH!

Dxxx
  • Hedgehog99
    Hedgehog99 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    I save 1p, 2p & 5p in separate money bags from the bank. I will pay them in when each bag reaches its required value (£1 for each bronze, £5 for 5p).

They are too heavy to carry around waiting to be spent and are refused by most parking meters, but I don't want to lose their value, so that's why I store and bank them.

Wouldn't want them to be withdrawn from circulation because I believe prices would increase (blatantly or by stealth!), whatever those in favour say.
  • They are heavy aren't they.

We were talking about this the other day, there is usually talk that they are going to withdraw 1, 2 & 5's but really they shouldn't.

Dxxx
  • Nothing in the smoosh bottle yesterday.

Not sure I will have any at all this weekend as trying to not spend any money at all!

Dxxx
  • £0.48 that I will be putting in the smoosh bottle when I get home from work tonight.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    20p yesterday and 20p today. yay.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • It all adds up savingwannabe.

I have £0.20 in my pocket that I found on the street yesterday to put in when I get home.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport