Please add any comments below.

Comments

• markyk
    markyk Posts: 16
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 3 November 2010 at 10:05AM
    Hi

This is a great campaign. However, I already know that Tiscali owe me £17ish because they sent me a final statement and asked us to call to claim it.

6 months and several calls to India and then to a higher complaints number in Hertfordshire (thank you to saynoto0870 for that) and still nothing from them.

The Indian call centre simply repeat their mantra that it has missed this months billing cycle and will appear very soon (a bit odd as there are no account details for them to pay them inot aymore) ( no cheque sent either!

I spoke to a Richard Lawrence who deals with complaints at a higher level, he stated that the call centre will just repeat what they are told to say and cannot escalate complaints. He promised to get the money back to us. That was 3 months ago and still nothing!! Oh and he now does not answer his phone or voicemail!!

And they wonder why they are on Watchdog!!
  • markyk
    markyk Posts: 16
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh and Richard Lawrence no longer seems to answer his phone or his voicemail!!!
  • I have just contacted Sky, I had 2 accounts with them 1 closed 2006 the other closed 2008, I am not owed any money back.
    Also contacted 3 as I've had 4 contracts with them over the last few years and I'm not owed anything from them either. Worth trying though.
  • uk69gb
    uk69gb Posts: 10 Forumite
    I was with Onetel - which was bought by TalkTalk. I had £7+ credit at the end of the contract. I called TalkTalk when I realised the credit had not been transferred to my new TalkTalk account. They said that although they are now the same company they are unable to transfer any balance (but I am sure they would have transferred a debit balance - lol ) .... I have called them a number of times over the last 2 years. Eventually they told me I must give them my credit card number to receive the credit ..... but my old account was in my mother's name and she does not have/use a credit card !!! .... gggrrrrrrr
  • Hi ,

Would anyone know if this includes Pay as you Go credit. I'm with O2 and have about £60 worth of credit on my account. Can/Should that be refunded ?

Thanks
  • Did as instructed and to my amazement found I have a £144 refund due to me from Talktalk. Well impressed. Thank you Martin:T
  • Digdug_2
    Digdug_2 Posts: 70 Forumite
    My flatmate had massive problems with Tiscali - he switched internet to Virgin, rang to cancel Tiscali but they still kept sending him bills month after month. Every time he would ring them and say he'd cancelled, and try to re-cancel, but it seems they deliberately kept ignoring him and the bills kept coming. Trouble is, he's Lithuanian and didn't really know his rights, so he paid the bills because he was scared they would take him to court. This was before I knew him. When I found out I was outraged. I wrote a letter of complaint to Tiscali in his name, explaining that he had repeatedly cancelled, only paid cos he was scared and asked for the money back. We even sent copies of the Virgin contract and bills to prove he had switched service. They wrote back saying they had no record of the cancellations he'd claimed to have made so wouldn't refnd any money. Unfortunately he hadn't had the nouse to take any names or put anything in writing at the time of his many attempted cancellations. So we'd given up home of ever getting the money back, but I wonder if with this recent pressure from the regulator we could take it further? I realise this thread is about reclaiming unrefunded credit so not really the same issue, but thought I'd ask in case anyone has any opinions or suggestions.
  • reelcrazy
    reelcrazy Posts: 408 Forumite
    I rang O2 as I left a few months ago and was told at that time I was not owed any money.

Anyway, today they admitted I was £18 in credit and it would be repaid in to my bank within 10 days.

Result! :money::beer:
  • Fantastic............ yes, I called SKY and low and behold I did have credit on my account they had neglected to let me know about £6.42 ! It is going to take three weeks until it shows up on my account.......... but hey ho better that than not at all..........BIG thank you
  • Digdug wrote: »
    My flatmate had massive problems with Tiscali - he switched internet to Virgin, rang to cancel Tiscali but they still kept sending him bills month after month. Every time he would ring them and say he'd cancelled, and try to re-cancel, but it seems they deliberately kept ignoring him and the bills kept coming. Trouble is, he's Lithuanian and didn't really know his rights, so he paid the bills because he was scared they would take him to court. This was before I knew him. When I found out I was outraged. I wrote a letter of complaint to Tiscali in his name, explaining that he had repeatedly cancelled, only paid cos he was scared and asked for the money back. We even sent copies of the Virgin contract and bills to prove he had switched service. They wrote back saying they had no record of the cancellations he'd claimed to have made so wouldn't refnd any money. Unfortunately he hadn't had the nouse to take any names or put anything in writing at the time of his many attempted cancellations. So we'd given up home of ever getting the money back, but I wonder if with this recent pressure from the regulator we could take it further? I realise this thread is about reclaiming unrefunded credit so not really the same issue, but thought I'd ask in case anyone has any opinions or suggestions.

Hi with problems such as this I recommend getting written correspondance for everything but obviously it is too late for earlier letters. Explain the situation in writing and get a written rejection. Once this has happened I recommend going to Otelo;

Google them and they should come up

This the UK communications ombudsman and can take on your complaint.

Good luck and let me know if its successful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure