PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• 1. Washing machine arrived in middle of 4 hour alloated time slot and DS2 was here to accept delinery.

2. Plumbed in machine easily

3. Had easy tea of sausage amd mash.

4. Back to work and was ok - start of week is better than end of week as I work in different place.

5. DS2 did vacuuming unasked.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    mhagster wrote: »
    So 10 hour shift number 1 done.

Put an ad online last night and had a good few responses....will call people for trial shifts tomorrow.

Have brought home the " Wally Trolley" VJsmum think that's what yours is called. Never , ever thought I'd use one ( vowed as a child in the 70's that I would never!) however , I must say what a marvellous contraption....also no one knew me on the train! I've stuff that's too heavy to cart in bags tomorrow so shall pull it all behind me!

Nice chat with my friend from home, set alarm clock for earlier so I could get up for a chat.....looking forward to clock changing soon .

Having macaroni cheese for tea and DS who doesn't like it will have the left over spag Bol OH forgot to take for his lunch!

Just going out to plant some pansies in a pot at the front door before it gets too dark.

Have a happy Monday :)
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Fab news sparrer
    Am tempted to get a wally trolley myself mhags
    Hello all waves from dundee not that you'll see me -it's been very foggy
    1) new students arrived, always exciting. After introductons and telling them about the course took them over to the main hospital (we're across the road) and the undergraduate medical school to show them the mse places to buy food / choccie / newspapers
    2) then got back for the welcome lunch
    3) when i got home dd1 had just realised she needed her passport for tomorrow's job interview so suggested to dd2 (who was waiting to drive them both down to edinburgh for the night) we nip off to mr t for milk and diesel. Ok not mse but prevented sororicide!
    4) lo chilli nom nom
    5) bed with a cup of rosie and baldi. Hooray for iplayer

Loves me Wally trolley I does. Give it a while and you won't care who sees you - I am out and proud :D

So happy for you Sparrer

For last couple of days

1 really nice to spend time with my sister. Have a couple of concerns about her but I think she will be ok
    2 dD and I went to see Stomp on the way home. Thought it would be good for her to see a different style of performance. Damn good it was too
    3 OH had cooked tea. Sausage and mash, yum
    4 went it Swedish furniture shop yesterday for more student things. Mounts up this student lark, doesn't it
    5 had tea there - lamb shank and mash. Was surprisingly nice
    6 had a bath with the X factor.

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    sparrer - thanks for sharing details of what sounds like a fantastic day. :)

My pleasures for yesterday:

1) A bit of doggerel (catterel?) which occurred to me while giving Isis a fuss when I first got up (with apologies to W.H. Davies):
    A poor life this if, freshly woke,
    We have no time to sit and stroke
    The cat, whose purr enriches days
    And on cold feet on cold nights lays

It's a bit McGonagal, but I had only been awake for about 20 minutes!

2) My first (and possibly only) double-flowered autumn crocus opened.

3) Another quiet day at work so I had time to catch up a bit on the comps board, which keeps running away from me when my back's turned.

4) Took lunch to work, which I don't do often enough - LO pasta with roast veggies and HM pesto from Saturday's herb course. :drool:

5) A colleague sharing a video of her nephew (who I also know through work) singing a proposal to his long-term girlfriend - so sweet!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,191 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all.....I'm just out the bath, has been pouring all day so don't feel too guilty even though I got the water bill in.....had a $100 discount from the government for some reason or t'other! Thanks!

Set alarm for 5.30am but got up at 5am. Had a potter, had a catch up, set my hair in rollers, hung up some washing put another load on with instructions texted to DD to hang it up!

Me and the trolley ( filled with heaviness) set off for the train....I somehow had forgotten the 50 steps up and down the bridge over the train track! Hmmmm....had to lug it up and down!

Work was fine, not as busy as yesterday. I'm glad I get on so well with my colleague, we work very well as a team and we often say just how well we me get on!

Got out a bit quicker as the two of us closed, didn't have too long to wait for a train.

Chips for tea....I really could not be bothered, phoned a child to come and help me as I had a bag of bread and sandwiches from work. Bought fruit at shop on way home.

Popped over to vets to find out prices of vaccines etc.we shall need to have a puppy's bank account I think.

Right that's my day, hope poorly people or poorly children get better soon.

:)
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ah, CCP, I love a good wedding proposal. This was my most favourite one of recent months: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7__B7eMQpY

My pleasures for the last couple of days:

1) Earned cashback AND got 20% off a new pair of boots for work. They will replace another pair which I had for 5 years. Let's hope they last equally as long as they will prove VERY good value for money.

2) My dad completed an agricultural survey, which he does every year, and got £75 in M&S vouchers for the pleasure... which he's passed on to me. Don't think he'd dare tell my mum... :whistle:

3) Friend is back from her jaunt to the Middle East - until next week when she moves there with her job. :( However, I've already got my ticket booked to see her in Feb :j :j :D

4) Counting down to Friday when I see two other friends, whom I haven't seen for far too long.

5) I have my health (touch wood) and DH has his. Something which I take for granted too often, I'm sure. Recently a couple of friends have discovered they have life-changing illnesses and I really need to be grateful for everything I have.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • I'll try and catch up with today's posts tomorrow.

I've had a busy day,even though I started late.

For today:

-my Mum had an op yesterday,which went well,and she has gone back home today.

-all the washing done.

-a lot of gardening done.I'm full of ideas for the coming months.I need to be more consistent with the gardening.I heard that the letting company is not so keen on vegetable plots,and mentioned maybe everything being turned into a lawn,and also flowers.So,tomorrow I'm going to see what flowering plants I can get for this season,and plant them along the edge,to keep it looking pretty.

-picked three beetroots.

-today's an nsd.

-I had a lovely tea.Scrambled eggs with steamed carrots,runner beans and garlic and a slice of bread and the black stuff.Tea is often a sandwich or porridge,so this meal really was Haute Cuisine.

-
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I love your little ditty CCP :)
    Congratulations on your (Dad's) win Vicky ;)
    mhags well done of the $100 refund, now you can have a couple of extra baths without feeling guilty, and put some toward the vet bill!
    BoP you lick out the bowl? So you should! Isn't that the best part of the bake? If you don't get your spotted !!!!!! (and lumpy custard) soon you'll be suffering withdrawal symptoms ;)
    VJsmum how exciting, would love to see Stomp live, I've only see it on the television. Having read how much you enjoyed it I must make the effort to get tickets soon.
    What a lovely son Caterina, bringing you tea and sympathy :)
    Sounds like you're going to enjoy your new wm villagelife. You also have a good DS, helping with the vacuuming
    Frith I'm sorry to hear about the pumpkin leaf allergy, hope you're not allergic to the vegetable. Lovely to be able to make your own music :)
    DD there's nothing better than a cuppa, a snack and the radion in bed after a long day. Cosy :)
    PK I wish I'd known you were staying just 4 miles up the road from me! Pleased you enjoyed it, it's a beautiful venue, isn't it?
    houself congrats on finishing the island, and on the dog show win. Two good achievements!
    Kittikins pleased you had a good day at school. Perhaps the ones who aren't so lovely just have 'character' ;)
    bagpuss rock climbing sounds fun, if very energetic. You're another one who appreciates tea and biccies in bed, loverly :)

1. Thank goodness for my phone package, I pay £10 a month for calls and texts, my phone bill would be through the roof this week otherwise :eek:
    2. I've been hankering after a carpet shampooer for some time but the one I want is way out of my price range. I've just discovered a place nearby which does returned/recon ones with a full manufacturers guarantee, they have the one I like for 1/4 the price of new. They've assured me it's a written guarantee and I can take it back for a full refund in the first 31 days if I'm not happy, so it's being delivered on Friday. My cream carpets will gleam by Sunday :D. I'm giving DGD2 my steam cleaner which I really have not use for but she has laminate flooring so will put it to good use.
    3. Cleared the last of the plastic pots from the garden, now they're all earthenware. Potted up the two clematis I was given for my birthday - it's only a wee garden and I already have one! - gathered another bowl of cobnuts for the freezer and picked some apples from my tree for an applecake.
    4. Sorted out my sewing box and gave some fabric to DNeighbour who makes all sorts of shabby chic door hangings, draught excluders etc. In return she gave me some home made frangipane tartlets. Very yum :)
    5. Not long taken a herb and garlic loaf out of the bm, the smell is very tempting. Herbs from DNeighbour's garden, garlic from mine so only bought the basic ingredients. Will take 1/2 next door in the morning.
    Time for bed, tomorrow is a shopping day with DD, lots of cs's to explore

Sweet dreams :)
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 September 2014 at 12:21PM
    VJsmum - hoping the outward bound went well & that DS came back filthy but glowing?! With you baking not much of a spectator sport, but I did try to be handy for any taste tests required. My eschewing has put a brake on that. THATpatisserie, eh? Oh, chickenopolis, please drop us a hullo! Onwards with the PhD (It may be a sickening or deafening but with stubbornness it will become a Completed PhD!) Son if not filthy, mentioned in despatches & happy - clearly an excellent bound! Of course you are worthy of a new laptop - when you need to procrastinate on the PhD, you can explore its quirks! Blue box for student stuff - it does add up, but it usually lasts a while, and with the right "loyalty" card, free brews!
    Caterina - well done on the refined carbs ditching related weight loss! Happy (belated) wedding anniversary - all happy? Anything daydreamed of next year? (Kitchen doesn't count!) Well done DS reassuring you & brewing up - what a well brought up young soul! An olive oil stash sounds wonderful (& very MS as apparently prices are set to climb) concealing a brown basmati rice stash? Bonus!
    bagpuss - isn't it wonderful when school is Close? (And those particular battles done!) Iceland take PayPal, eh? Well, well. Yowch school uniform! Still, if it helps us meal plan etc, it's probably even better for the whole family. Happy schooling all DDs, whilst you snaffle the caramel biscuits.
    CCP - homemade damson jam? (Would you know what sort of damson?) Hurrah couriered intermabob delights! Fox watching & a nice glasses salesperson? (Aren't they wonderful? Why are they so rare? At least mine laughed with me when I removed one pair muttering "hybrid Dame Edna AND Chris Evans" & sorted me something completely different!) A Convocation of Jags - well worth looking at! Wow, that herb course sounds Wonderful - to come home with plants & seeds as well as herb oils/vinegars/salts/sugars/butters! Plus getting lost but interestingly so en route <awe>. Cheeses appreciated by DF? Excellent! "double-flowered autumn crocus" - there’s a special treat & may many more emerge!
    mhagster - wonderful how this site teaches things. I thought water was an endangered substance in Aus & yet here you are in a cagoule! Alarm clocks are noisy beasts. To be serenaded unexpectedly is an intriguing pleasure, but hurrah you get to run the kitchen! Slurpalicious chicken kiev & possums - thank you for sharing your pleasures as the glimpses of Aus are fascinating! Ironing fairy procrastinating. Tricky one, that. Exams are better a Once Only affair though. Hurrah dogbeds & 'vintage' stowage! Aww, pup needing extra cuddles - you've got the right one! Wally trolley wonderful! All the best finding a good front of house bod. Puppy account a Very good idea. Nothing wrong with a chip tea!
    BoP - Footsteps in the Fog, eh? Why are women warned "once thought she owned me" whereas cats get a free pass? Love that photo... Ah, live scrabble! Splendid playing! Hot dogs as in real snorkers, or the odd tinned things the children so adore?! (Read like real snorkers!) Most recent Who episode well worth watching, but have a fondness for falcons. Blinkenlights playing up? Transplants work, but donors lack data...
    villagelife - almost your own pool is fun & just doing everything at a calmer pace is why holidays are yearned for! Well doing having well-trained DS1&2! Cleaning the bathroom singlehanded - may that shot help! It did? Hurrah! Puppy cuddles are loads of fun, (especially when they're Someone Else's.) New washing machine, ready to cope with back from Uni offspring visiting! Glad you had a good time at Wisley, well done on all the ironing & phew DS1 feeling better. Hurrah DS2 supervising washing machine *and* hoovering up! <round of applause>
    VickyA - I too have to schedule my visits to banks. The dentist is easier. All the best getting dice into households! And vs the ironing... Food festival & hog roast & sea air - that's how I like getting tired! May your new work boots bring as much satisfaction (& comfort!) as the predecessors. Have fun with Dad's M&S vouchers!
    DundeeDoll - delighted to see I'm not the only one getting a bit "eh?oh..." about the referendum. (I sound like a teletubby, apparently.) Love that Archers a neverendum free zone... No Northern Lights? Drat. Tesco prevents sororicide?! Hm. Which aisle? Well done coaxing new students onto MSE paths!
    Skint yet again - new glasses do make things clearer but you need to clean them from time to time. (Like after frying eggs, in my case. Happy menfolk, bruised me as I bumped into thing. Oops.) For a worrying lack of energy you still got loads done - you can see your kitchen table! If the fatigue persists, please ask your GP to check your iron count?
    1of3 - a whole month without the credit plastic? Congratulations!
    kittikins - dead right to deliver on campaign threats as well as promises & bless you for offering extra homework! A report on Tudor dancing sounds like the whole class might tug parents off to explore history - fingers crossed for you! Phew for Costco some days, eh?
    sparrer - garlic & herb sounds wonderful! Gym then fruitloaf sounds entirely right & proper too. Blue/grey shot silk table runner - that sounds glorious! Covet the stash that has a good length let alone stunning fabric! Sweet dreams snuggled in Eeyore jammies. A happy day all round, then? And great grandchildren next week?! Hurrah! Now jammies back on & head down on pillow. Carpet shampooer sounds wonderful & how thoughtful to pass on an underused steam mop to a laminate floored household! Frangipane tartlets - a very good neighbour, such as yours, is above rubies!
    emiai - welcome! All the best vs the printer (says she eyeing a nice B&W laser now the colour thing has passed beyond both affordability & use) & what a brilliant idea vetting all toys & games before Christmas! Well done burning that candle - see mcculloch's sig... Messy cheese scones sound utterly wonderful, & with a candlelit bubblebath to follow?!
    butterfly - sneak anytime! "new sofa has arrived and is built"! Wow! Building work at school - just as you want a quiet stable environment. Health & strength!
    marmite - welcome back! Isn't one's own bed such a haven after a holiday? Coldy miserable too - definitely snuggle under, while stroking cat. Hope you feel restored soon! Mum had surgery but is home? Phew! Gardening is flowers *between* veggies. Marigolds said to be wonderful, so aim for maintain a high enough pretty to not realise?! And/Or learn to love nasturtiums as a salad vegetable?
    WantAnOrange - welcome! Well done raising a small gardener, even if the naming of plants hasn't quite got there yet. I am full of admiration for sorting fresh home grown produce into frozen for later easy healthy eating!
    house elf - do not beat yourself up for not posting. Things happen! Dog show wins are important but we enjoy hearing about it as much a week later as you did on the day! I'm hearing good things about Boxtrolls. A house with 90 degree corners & smooth walls usually has a water meter - I prefer the freedom to hose down the lads as needed & anyway like spotting things in lumpy plaster. Static clouds to see things in...
    purple kitten - glad you're back out of hospital! Huge well done on steam fair/rally & its finds, and then real homemade bread pudding!
    Frith - hurrah sons having good days at school, despite still more exotic antibiotics, & fingers crossed Council will see reason & shower you with treasury notes in short order. Botherations to the allergies.

OS Pleasures recently
    Made it to the right place for the right time. (Yes, a pleasure as I'm a Scout Leader [now in training!] with special navigational needs...)

Giggling at the "stand well clear" reversing beep which sounds like a war film officer.

Listening to a bird discussing something with another bird - tone more of imminent wedding than devolution, but plenty of chatter on both sides!

Scout humour in the get well card. Our Chap In Bandages was snorting with laughter at various observations.

Chuckling at a child playing with a dinosaur toy in the car in front of me & waving a cheery adieu when it turned off several happy minutes later.

Day Scout training! So much fun - and a lot learned too. Next session on my birthday - I'm to bring cake.

Family collectively blinking at Fri 17 monster night of fundraising as seen the first time, the little dumpling people are cute! Ooops!

Blackberrying! Enjoying harvesting, eating & getting snydered all at once...

Just been planting bulbs with the NT - bless them for making it so easy - they dig the holes, they provide bulbs (& gloves if anxious) & all I had to do was tuck four bulbs "pointy bit up" into the hole provided. I'll go look in February/ March, see if these little time-bombs of hope have emerged!

Oh my misleading husband - triggering a pup war by suggesting youngest had a checkers piece in a pocket (when he hadn't)... No harm done but piercing yips at the search.

Leafing through a garden catalogue & enjoying asking if we want a B$oody Ploughman in the back garden. (Very hardy apple species.) I'd quite like a Fair Maid of Devon, but it's a cider apple. (Looking for a nice storable eater & a good cooker. Suggestions welcome!)

A waft of bacon, hot & welcoming, over the cool morning air.

Being yapped at, vigorously, by a small dog 30' below me. Quite how I caught his attention up on the bridge, I've no idea!

Sons now all back in school, albeit with time off for hospital appointments. I may get that September Uniform snap after all! Just after I got the holiday photos mosaic-ed into the desk frame, of course.

Working one day a week at a rural office - today's desk has a brilliant view of a very active hedge. Berries, birds, & I've figured the tea point.

Planning the free Lego with the Daily Mail. My Christmas Stocking preparations have begun!

Big hugs to all who need them, health & strength to all feeling short thereupon & if in doubt, brew up!
  • Ah lass.

Yeah, Sparra, ams feeling the lack of custard lumps withrdrwal syndrowme, but them delites that BoPsie picked up on offer are not to be licked at! Now, I am going to ge a biddy frame, to put with the wally trolley. Welcomen to newbies. DfV Snorkers, cannot furk with them furters!

5 One more morning at the winding house and I ams offski for next week, so there there thre. And it will be, for the &’s and t’others round here, a last chance to get some decent Yellow Yellow Yellow afore the end of term.

4 Raffles, climber of the cherry tree, and yes he does swing upside frown, has adopted his winter mode, and now lounges on the dining table inn the mornings. So much so, that the fluff and bits were everywhere this morning when the toasted rice bits were served up. No worry, as BoP is off to mill next week to get the rolled oats. Then Gals it will be proper, and get this frith, PORAGE! On about the tree of cherry, and the birch, silverish free from Focus during some event years back, have now flourished in the yard of BoP. Bit tad disappointed with the tree of plums, has seen the lopper this year and quite severe it has been. This happened to tree of cheery two year back, and now, as expressed above, is a climbing apparatus for the use of Raffles. Watch this space, as the cherry tree has since flourished.

3 Listened on the wireless thingy last eve to the Lord Tondeur of Blundell Park last night. He was in Halifax.

2 I nose I should ad dun so, but as it was a double ooofed of words according to dictionary of BoPsie. I mean, SEALENT and PINNEY. Oh well, BoPsie remains one win away from the chance of two on the bounce this week.

1 Sit down and shut up.
  • Hi Guys,

Quick report on recent pleasures while house is quiet!

1. Couple of difficult days at work, but congratulated by D Head on our work with a difficult student.

2. Good day at the park with all my students. Seem to be bonding well.

3. Someone commented that I looked like I had lost weight! :D

4. Frothy Coffee made by the students this afternoon was just what I needed.

5. Didn't crash the mini bus.

Off to get some work done before DH comes home with Fish and chips! Hurrah! (Must remember to put the hens away first).
    Night :A
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind. (Caroline Flack)
    We have more in common than that which divides us. (Jo Cox)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure