Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Comments

• caroline78 wrote: »
    The rash is still just as bad, but it is drier now so not bleeding or weeping anymore. The open wounds must have healed as well as it doesn't annoy him when he pees or poos anymore. The doctors now think he took an allergic reaction to the penicillen which means he will be allergic for life.....xx

I'm allergic to Penicillin - apart from the original reaction (which was horrible) I haven't had any other problems at all :)

I just need to check that when I am prescribed any anti-biotics I remind them I'm allergic to it. I know they write it on your notes, but sometimes they are in a hurry :eek:

Glad your little fella is getting better, and at least you know the cause of it...!
  • Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 9:23AM
    Caroline - you made me smile this morning call ing your little one a rugrat - I haven't heard this phrase for ages. Hope he's a little better today, for some reason I can't see your photo although from what others have said this may be a good thing :D

Sweatcarer - don't feel awful these things happen and you did all you could to make sure it got through the post. I'm sure it will arrive today.

I remembered last night that I am supposed to be stitching a small meerkat card from my boss for his Christmas card so managed to get a bit of that done. apart from that no stitching from me.

I had my flu jab on Tuesday and haven't felt right since - what a wimp :rotfl:Can't shift my headache even took a migraine tablet yesterday which got rid of it for a couple of hours but it came back. Also had a very sore throat yesterday thought it was all psychological but when I looked it was all yellow and I have an infection so at least I know why my head hurts. Going to try to get a doctors appointment as too busy to be ill and think I will need antibiotics to clear this one. Forgot to say I'm allergic to penicillin as well so erythromycon here I come.

Have a good day everyone.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • morning all
    im on hubbys laptop as our stupid computer doesnt want to play today, its full and keeps crashing and being unresponsive. GRRR
    as a result the scan i took of chickys card is now trapped in the puter and i cant access it from the lappy. im hoping when my 12 year old who is far better at techy than me can take a photo via his camera and plug it directly into the lappy and do it that way.
    sorry to be a pain,
    cant wait to see everyones cards and i do hope the ones still in the post arrive soon

did a bit more angels wing last night
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    :mad::mad::mad: I have one very grumpy and sore cat this morning. He got into a fight in our kitchen with the cat that keeps thinking our house is his second home. They must have fought in the kitchen as there is fur everywhere ! I thought it funny that I wasn't woken for breakfast as is the norm with our cat. He was instead asleep at the end of our bed.

I have tried to see if he is injured at all, nothing in the usual places but he does have a sore paw and he won't let me touch it without giving me hell. I think he has a claw from the other cat in it. :eek: I've tried to remove it but he won't let me and he is getting stressed and upset so I will leave him for now and hopefully I can do cat first aid later. :mad: Its not easy for us to get him to the vets otherwise I would take him and he is only a little cat so struggles to stand his own ground sometimes although gives it a damn good go.

So apart from that stressing me out this morning, I'm planning on doing some more row of cats at some point today/over the weekend. Also to see if there are any other projects I want to get stitched up. I had all these fine plans for different stitches and none have materialised. Either they are half finished/almost finished/or not started at all!
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ruth_honey wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to see the David Bowie picture. :) Only one UFO left? How do you mange that? Wish I could get my to-do pile down that low.

David Bowie finished, so as soon as I find a suitable frame will post picture. I also have an Aladdin Sane chart to do!

Yes the Greek scene is now my only UFO. Have a box full of unopened kits, and a lever arch file full of magazine charts on my to-do list but only count things I've started as UFO's

DH on 2-10 all next week so should get loads of stitching done. Get home from work about 5.30, something on toast for tea and then stitch uninterrupted until bedtime :):):)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member Number 44
    :rudolf:Cross Stitch Is For Life Not Just For Christmas :rudolf:
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sk00bie1 wrote: »
    4) Had a thought that I want to do this for our wedding in April, so I'd better put it down! I don't know though, is it bad form to do a sampler for your own wedding?

I don't think it's bad form at all. I stitched one for our wedding last year as I don't know anybody else that cross stitches! It also serves as a reminder to DH of our Anniversary date :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member Number 44
    :rudolf:Cross Stitch Is For Life Not Just For Christmas :rudolf:
  • Just popping on quickly as have to go shopping and pack for trip away heading off to farm again in a cpl of hours, this time for crimble meal... yum!

Weekend out of London is heaven!

RE: cards - I agree that it is a good idea to post pics after weekend. Glad to see so many have safely arrived and sure the others will arrive shortly. Quick q... Am I posting pics I took of card I made or taking pics of one received from NMM? confuzzled.

Caroline, glad rash is easing, least you know about the allergy for future ref now. Like the others, my bestie has an allergy and never has had probs just check and double check to make sure docs take note when prescribing meds as she has had to return to say again that she can't have those...

Have a lovely weekend all!
  • Flying visit for now - sweetcarer - Ruth_honey, just to let you know I posted a card first thing Monday morning to my aunt (first class) in Northern Ireland and just had a phone call to say that it has just arrived. Usually she gets her mail from us the following day. Fingers crossed your card will arrive soon. x

Catch up with all your posts later.

Byyyeeeee

b_e_g

xx
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi ladies.

Ruth. Very cute paw print!

JCS. Cute kitten, look forward to progress pics.

Louise. Well done on your craft fayre earnings! Very cute Christopher Elf, his antics made me smile :)
    No thanks needed, was just happy that you took it in the way it was intended. Iv'e never PM'd a fellow stitcher before to point out a possible mistake and I was worried you would think me rude and critical :o
    If I hadn't been admiring the symmetry I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Caroline. Glad your LO is feeling better and healing well. Exactly the same as TMIF my brother is allergic too and apart from the initial reaction he hasn't had any problems.
  • Hi Girls,

Can't stop, this is the first dry day in a while so loads to catch up on the farm. just wanted to let you know that my card from Subtle minx has arrived safely this morning.

Subtle Minx - Your card is absolutley Lovely. Thank you very much. It is also the first card to arrive. All your effort is greatly appreciated.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure