Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi, I've never commented before but I followed your old diary and you inspired me to start ebaying, you do so well. And your declutter lists are an inspiration! Good luck with your new diary :)

Hi ChicaBonita, thanks for delurking, it's nice to have new visitors :) I always think I'm a bit whiny rather than inspiring, but thank you :o
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Hello jwil, I totally understand your need for a new diary. Fresh start for you now you've got your new plan.
    My husband will only get rid of his rubbish if motivated. If you get rid of your three guitars you and your amp you can buy a new guitar... the new guitar never materialised but the old guitars and the amp is gone :)
    Keep your pecker up jwil. you are making holes in the clutter. I remember when you had rooms you couldn't go in. It just won't feel good enough until it's all gone. you need to step back and appreciate all you have achieved. you're doing great.
    Great news one company refunded interest and charges! Get those complaints fired off xxxx

Thanks Kitten, DH is definitely improving, I think my [STRIKE]nagging[/STRIKE] encouragement is starting to sink in.

It is definitely getting better, however much I moan, but you are right, I won't be happy until it's done :)

How's the new house?
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Hi jwil followed you over :hello:

Thanks abba :) Great to see you
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    I was so pleased yesterday that for the first time in weeks, both kiddies were healthy and happy when I dropped them off at nursery. Then I got the call to say little jwil had fallen over and split his lip and needs to be taken to A&E :(

Luckily DH was around to take him, so he's strapped up now. They've got nursery photos next week, that's going to look good! At least he's ok though.

I've finally received my letter from the bank. They don't agree with my complaint, but are going to refund me the charges anyway :rotfl: I'm happy with that. They are also going to give me an extra £20 compensation if I agree to go away and shut up :D I think I will as it's another £20 I won't have to pay them back.

I've got to take the cat to the vets on Friday for a dental so I need to get ebaying to try and cover that. It's the last month I don't have to pay tax and also no water bill this month, so the money to cover it should be there.

We've had the electric and gas bill and that's about £100 more than expected :eek: so must get some meter readings done and check it's correct. I can't see how it can be so hoping it will reduce a bit. Then I must get on and see about switching!

I've sent tax credits a letter detailing DH's employment situation as there's no obvious way to input it. I've also informed them that I will no longer be getting childcare vouchers. I'm guessing we won't be eligible next year as I'm back on a full wage again, but hoping we might still get a bit, especially with the childcare.
  • jwil
    Today I have sent off my acceptance letter for my compensation and look forward to another £20 being credited to that account.

I have received £8.25 paypal from a survey site.

I've decided on a few very bulky items that can go. Some exercise equipment, and a filing cabinet. They will make loads of space when they are gone. I'd kind of like to keep the exercise equipment but we don't have the space to use it at the moment so there's no point, it's just dying in storage.

DH informed me I still had 4 boxes of stuff in the loft so I've got him to bring them down so I can look through them. I'm hoping my audio cd book collection is in there so I can sell them. I've got all the cases, but can't find the folder which has all the discs in them. That will be another box to go if it is.

DH seems to be more on board than he ever has been in the past, so that's really good. He said yesterday that when we've reduced the amount of car boot stuff we've already got sorted, he'll empty one of his bookcases and get rid of most of the contents of that. :T

We have reached the stage where we don't have anywhere to put stuff we've added to the car boot sale pile, so I'm really hoping for some good weather this weekend. The CBS we sell at most is reopening so want to head out there and get rid of stuff!
  • jwil
    edited 30 March 2017 at 3:07PM
    So my end of month update:

Total debt: [STRIKE]£34,229[/STRIKE]/£33,982 = 0.72% paid
    Savings target: [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£38 = 0.2% reached

My original debt start figure was actually higher than that, but I won't change it as it was due to those charges that I've since had refunded. That has also reduced the balance by more than it will monthly now, but it's still a good start :)
  • jwil
    To add to the declutter list:

135. Snowsuit
    136. Bags of clothing
    137. Bibs
    138. Toy car
    139. Envelopes
    140. 2 x phone chargers
    141. Plastic tub
    142. Steiff box and bag
    143. 3 x glitter pens
    144. 3 x puzzles
    145. crate of assorted bits and pieces
    146. 4 x toy cars
    147. pens
    148. puzzle
    149. pot
  • jwil
    An update:

Decluttering:
    Books: 207
    Magazines/papers: 36
    Ebay parcels: 509
    Other: 149

Total: 901

Ebay listings: 607

Survey/other earnings:
    Amazon: £30
    Paypal/cash: £61.39
    Other vouchers:
  • jwil
    The cat has been dropped at the vets, estimated bill around £400 :eek: That does include her boosters too, so it's handy to get that done at the same time.

I didn't get my tax free wages this month :( So have earned my usual amount. Shame really as I was hoping that the lack of tax and lack of water bill would cover it. I'll just have to get ebaying!

I did sell 4 items yesterday so they've all been posted. I need to review my listings as some stuff has been on a while so I'm going to bundle it all up and sell it together. DH is doing the same with some of his longer term stuff as well. It's time to get clearing!

Hoping the weather will be ok tomorrow as want to get booting! Sadly it looks like it's going to be wet right at car boot time, and not the rest of the day. So the question is, do we get up early and try a different one, or do we try and sell on Sunday as the weather is looking fine?
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Jwil,

Followed you over too. I too am inspired by your decluttering - well I say that, I am theoretically inspired, it just never translates to action on my part. :o But do you know I'm glad to see your total on there; I'm sure it's scarily high for you, but you can do it and we can all cheerlead you along the way. And it's totally, TOTALLY, achievable.

Really hope DH gets work sorted soon so you can have some stability. Once you get your regular bills under control, you could probably start an emergency fund alongside the debt, with the future plan to offer full and final settlements once you have some cash set aside?

Signing on for the journey :)
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • Pelepeg
    Pelepeg Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello. I thought I would follow you as I am in need of focus on my own financial woes. Just starting to get a grip of them all. I too have a house full of things that need to go on Ebay, but can never seem to find the mojo to do anything about it, despite husband threatening to leave until he sees a change. I wouldn't mind but he seems blinded to his piles of [STRIKE]crap[/STRIKE] stuff and focuses purely on mine!

Would be interested to know what survey sites you use too.

Good luck in your continuing saga!
  • jwil
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    Hi Jwil,

Followed you over too. I too am inspired by your decluttering - well I say that, I am theoretically inspired, it just never translates to action on my part. :o But do you know I'm glad to see your total on there; I'm sure it's scarily high for you, but you can do it and we can all cheerlead you along the way. And it's totally, TOTALLY, achievable.

Really hope DH gets work sorted soon so you can have some stability. Once you get your regular bills under control, you could probably start an emergency fund alongside the debt, with the future plan to offer full and final settlements once you have some cash set aside?

Signing on for the journey :)

Thank you mfmaybe, it's nice to have cheerleaders! Emergency fund is definitely first, and F&Fs would be great for the future :)
    Pelepeg wrote: »
    Hello. I thought I would follow you as I am in need of focus on my own financial woes. Just starting to get a grip of them all. I too have a house full of things that need to go on Ebay, but can never seem to find the mojo to do anything about it, despite husband threatening to leave until he sees a change. I wouldn't mind but he seems blinded to his piles of [STRIKE]crap[/STRIKE] stuff and focuses purely on mine!

Would be interested to know what survey sites you use too.

Good luck in your continuing saga!

:wave: Pelepeg! Thanks for popping in. Do you have a diary?

I sympathise about the piles of stuff, and yes it's very annoying when someone criticises you when they are doing the exact same thing!

I have to force myself to ebay, I do find it a struggle, and long for the day when I don't need to do it anymore. However, I do need to do it to make ends meet, so plod on!

Good luck with your journey too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family