2017 - A year of change and positivity

Comments

• Thanks clearmydebts!

So I had a letter from cc1 offering 15 months 0% bt with 1.5% fee, so have transferred cc3 onto it. It's cost me approx £9 but will save about 3 x times that in interest ( and that's assuming I would have paid cc3 off in the next 4 months). I've updated the DD to cc1 from £100 to £150 a month. The OD is next on the hit list so it should hopefully save me some £££ in interest on that too. As it's an 'in use' account, what I'm planning to do is hang on to my eBay money until the end of the month and then pay a chunk off it. Saves the temptation of seeing alleged extra money in the account and feeling the need to spend it! Plan is to clear OD by end of June :)

I managed to list more items on Friday and have already had £10 sale - as above this will now be set to one side and used for the OD and month end.

Supposed to be doing a long run today but feeling rough- am still going to give it a go as if I don't do it today I won't have time to recover and rest before the big day next week. Will take it steady tho.

Right best get those running shoes on.

Have a good day x
  • Morning,
    Managed my 10 miler on Sunday and was pretty pleased with the time considering I felt so rough. Still not feeling fantastic and OH is really suffering. Just hope I don't get any worse before the race on Sunday.....

The BT has gone through. I'm now only paying interest on the OD. The plan with this account is that it's the one all my horse feed and wormers come out of. I pay in £100 a month. During winter, the hay alone is usually £60 but now I've turfed the big lad out at night, straight away I'll be saving £30 a month. If I can really knuckle down I can clear this by end of June and then just keep paying in as usual and then hopefully the excess will build up to cover next winters hay costs.

Got a few errands to run in town this morning and then meeting a friend this afternoon. The house is also a dump again so will need a quick tidy.

Today's to do list....
    1. Post parcel
    2. Town
    3. Look into car insurance
    4. Put away laundry
    5. Ebay
  • Morning!
    So I've completed my first half marathon!!!! Have to say it was tough and perhaps not the best one to pick for my first, as it was very very hilly. But I managed to get round in a reasonable (for me!!) 2:22. Time I was pleased with, the run not so much so as I ran out of steam in the last 3ish miles. Never mind, a few mistakes to learn by for next time :rotfl:l

eBay sales have been steady. I've currently got £48 sat in PayPal which will (hopefully) get paid off the OD at month end. Need to relist and put some new bits on. I've got a couple of days off coming up so hopefully get opportunity then.

Dropped a clanger with my car insurance. It renewed earlier than I thought. Was convinced it was end of April, in fact it was end of March :eek:result an extra £350 taken from the OD. Have paid £50 in and have budgeted to pay £150 for the next 2 months. Should still be on course to clear by end of June.

Seriously need to get a grip with my eating habits. The weights creeping back on and I've avoided SW for a couple of weeks. I know it's because I'm not being organised enough and just reaching for convenience and comfort rather than investing a bit of time in planning. Have just weighed myself and I'm a stone heavier than the top of the range is like to be in. Need to get it sorted!!!

Right best getting - I'll be back :)
  • Morning!
    Arrggh! Why is this month feeling like such a long one??? Payday is a week tomorrow and money seems to be running out fast :mad: I know food shopping is our massive weakness, some months we do really well but the next we find we've run out of literally all store cupboards staples and need to do a huge shop which then sets us back for the month. I think I need to allow more in our budget for groceries just to make it more realistic, at least that way the money in theory is there and any not spent at month end can be chucked at the debts.

Spent some time at the weekend listing stuff on eBay. A couple of sales so far. My piles slowly shrinking but still plenty to go at.

Went to the local outlet centre at the weekend as needed a birthday present for a friend. They'd got a load of Christmas Yankee candles and gitsets with 70% off so I've put some away for christmas pressies. Yes a spend I could have done without but so much better than waiting until December and paying twice as much for a pressie that's not as nice.

Times getting on - best get moving x
  • Morning,
    Been awol for over a week but needed to drop by to clear my head a bit. I've had to have my big lad put to sleep over the Easter break, absolutely devastated. He's been with me for 15 years and to say I'm feeling lost at the minute is an understatement. I know things will get better in time and I know he's no longer in pain, which is giving me a lot of comfort, but I miss him so much.

Money wise things are also going to get worse as it looks as though the insurance won't be coughing up leaving me with a bill for approx £1k. Least of my concerns at the minute but it will need tackling in due course.

In other news, my last post was wrong - payday was in fact 2 weeks away meaning we still have a week to go! eBay sales have been ticking along quite nicely but the money has been used to help fund us through to payday. This months scores on the doors won't be pretty!

I went on a course at work the other week and for once I've found it quite useful. It was about productivity. Got me thinking a lot about my home life and my constant battle with chaos (can't have anybody over syndrome!). Lots I can take away and use. Will sit down later and make a few lists and draw up a bit of a plan. Really need to take back control of my life as right now I feel everything is spiralling out of control. Money as always is an issue, house is a tip, I still have a stone to lose - need to claw back control. I know it won't be an overnight fix but the sooner I start the sooner things will change.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    So sorry for your loss Seabiscuit.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Thanks Bobarella x

Payday tomorrow at long last, so here are the (very ugly) scores on the doors.....

Cc1 was £5270.74 now £5756.20 (+£485.60)
    Cc2 was £889.53 now £869.52 (-£20.01)
    Cc3 was £593.82 now £0.00 (-£593.82)
    OD was £476.33 now £1028.95 :eek: (+£552.62)
    Very was £159.74 now £165.73 (+£5.99)

Total was £7390.16 now £7820.4 (£430.24)

Not great :mad: £350 of this is due to my car insurance but that still leaves £80.24 unaccounted for. Things are only going to get worse in the short term as well. The big man's final bill came in at £955. I'm hoping the insurance will cover at least £200 if not £700, but am working on the premise that they won't.
    The little neds are also due vacinnations and dental check plus a blood test, this is estimated to come in at around £220.
    Plan for the coming month is to use eBay money to save up for the wee ones vet bill (will be due mid- late June). Focus aside from saving for the vets bill will be the OD. Will pay back the insurance money and look at reducing it as much as possible......
  • Morning!
    Ran a few expensive ish errands in town yesterday. Hate hate hate going into the city wil the pushchair. Spent half the time waiting for lifts :mad:

Managed 2 eBay sales last night totalling £30 - this will be transferred into the vets bill account. Will get them packaged and to the post office later today.

Must get the claim form completed just in case there's any chance if them paying anything, been putting it off and putting it off but it's got to be done.

Hoping to stick as near to the food budget as possible this month as that is our biggest weakness. Will sit and meal plan for the month this evening. Need to do a quick stocktake of the freezer first.

Right time to get moving, have a good day x
  • Morning!
    Quick update this morning - £40 eBay sales yesterday means that the vet account is currently standing at £134.24/£205 needed. This is for the first bill due 14th May. On top of that there is £750 that my Dad paid which I want to pay him back and another £220 ish which will be due 3rd June. Hopefully I will get £200 through the insurance and maybe an extra £500 depending on vet report needed for claim.

Day out with the little man planned - I best get moving!

Have a good bank holiday weekend x
  • So it seems that the bank holiday weekends been very kind in terms of eBay sales. I've now got enough in the vets fees account to pay the big mans final bill. The next focus will be the £220 ish I need for jabs, teeth and bloods. Managed to spend an hour or so this morning listing items, so fingers crossed for lots of sales!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure