IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New unexpected ticket

Comments

• Hi. Can anyone tell me should we respond to this claim online at MCOL or is this just for paying? Thanks
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    you just need to acknowledge ...

it should all be covered here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=61084955

Ralph:cool:
  • Hi thank you for link very helpful
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,633
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi thank you for link very helpful
    But that was in the NEWBIES thread all along...under 'Small Claim?' No such link was needed, you need to read the threads here and learn from them. Come back once you have acknowledged this as shown here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71340016#post71340016

...and start reading other threads for defence examples (that link has one but stop waiting for links)!

Coming only to this thread (seemingly) is doing you no favours, there is an entire massive forum if similar cases you can search for the words 'defence Gladstones'...if this is from them. Loads written recently, I re-wrote one myself a while back, all found with one search in ten seconds flat.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for pep talk but actually have spent hours on various sites, copying and pasting quotes from cases, information pertaining to my case and also submitting threads not just on MSE but other websites. MSE is my starting point and yes I have read the Bargepole post, also similar on fightback forum, Mr Mustard, Parking Prangster etc so hopefully armed with all this info I can face the court should we get there.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Good stuff, and I know you sent me a pm as well so are fighting it robustly. We want to help.

So, let's see your draft defence in due course this month (once it's acknowledge first).
  • Thanks for support coupon mad. Have extended date to source more material and eventually received response from landowner, but they have been misled by parking company as charge logged 5 mins after car departure so looks like car stopped there longer than 16 seconds. Final email to landowner will include photos and times which apparently is the total of the parking co. defence oh and along with you parked you pay!
    Will look for cases where landowner has been asked to go to court to answer questions, as they seem to be removed from my case, although pcm is employed by them.
  • Sorry meant to add- should my defense return to court be in bullet point form as dont want to give too much away?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Yes it should be in numbered bullet points, here are some examples, this one I wrote today for a disabled person who was not the driver:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=109054&st=20&p=1223579&#entry1223579

Here's one bargepole wrote for someone, this is the format I copied for the above one!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71313481#post71313481

That's how it should look. No evidence at this stage, no photos, no links, no attachments but do mention everything that you will later rely on, if a hearing happens.
  • Thanks for this.If we go to courts what can we claim in expenses for time taken to research/construct defense? I'm guessing its not the £14,400/hour that PCM are charging me pro rata lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure