Ready to do it all over again ...

Comments

• Have just been avidly reading your diary. Good luck with the move. Have you got any friends that have a van that may be able to help?
    Onwards and upwards with the occasional kick up the butt required! ;)
    Mortgage '09 = £103k Feb '17 =£79.9k, Aug 17 = £69k Mar 19 = £61k
    Aiming for 10% OP in 2019 - £1320.95/£6100 £3420/£3520 credit card at 0%
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Unfortunately not, but I have several mates who are happy to come round at the weekend before I move and help move as much stuff as possible down to my garage so there isn't so many stairs to do on the day :D

I have emailed the estate agent this morning and asked them to try and give everyone a shove for me today ;)

I promised ds I'd take him to McDonalds for breakfast this hallf-term so it looks like I've got that treat today :cool: I'm then meeting a friend for coffee a bit later. I may do another sweep through all the wardrobes and drawers and take any unwanted clothes to the cash4clothes place later on. It will only be pennies but it's a few more bits cleared out, (I have some in the garage that was waiting for a car boot but I think I'll just take them there instead and be done with it).
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Had coffee with my friend which was lovely, took ds to McDonalds for breakfast - not my idea of lovely but he enjoyed it :D Then this afternoon we have sorted some more bits in the garage - I've taken 3 bin liners of old car boot clothes to the cash4clothes place and got £5 for them (better than nothing), I took 2 boxes of old books to the book bank and I have a bootful of junk for the tip tomorrow (they shut at 4 at the moment). I also paid in a cheque at the bank and generally was fairly productive for me at the moment :)

The estate agent has replied to say they are still waiting to hear from my buyers that they have signed their contract, but that the rest of the chain look like they are nearly ready to go, so fingers crossed it shouldn't be too much longer ... hmm, I don't do vagueness, I like facts and definites :)

Anyway, hoping that it won't be too much longer I've decided to crack on with some more packing tonight, not too much just a bit more sorting, a bit more clearing out, just trying to feel like it's really happening some time soon :o

I also need to check bank account stuff later, I did pop into Boots and bought some new makeup, my old foundation had totally run out and with the wrinkles I have going on I need it, so that was a necessary expense. It was £16.50 and they had a 3 for 2, so I got a new lipstick and eyeliner too, total £26.00. Not budgeted for but tbh I put the £5 towards it from the clothes and I so rarely spend any money on beauty related stuff that I thought it was my little half-term treat ;)
  • benbenandme
    Slowly slowly I feel like I'm finally finding some enthusiasm again for doing something so in keeping with tradition I thought now would be a good time to get a list written of bits and pieces to be done before we go back to school on Monday :)
    • Ironing
    • Clear washing basket
    • Trip to the tip
    • Banking
    • Catch up with work emails
    • Clear all surveys
    • Take Mum for xray
    • Iron on ds Scouts badges
    • Clear paperwork pile from coffee table
    • Help ds deliver Scouts plant leaflets
    • Sort out fob for electronic gates
    • Tesco food order
    • Update my Amazon wishlist with items for new house
    • Pay water bills
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    It's so frustrating waiting to exchange. I emailed the solicitors on Tuesday to get an idea of when we're likely to exchange, they still hadn't replied this afternoon so I chased them again! Grrr.... fingers crossed it won't be long for you
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • benbenandme
    Ooh I didn't know you were moving too Tigz,whereabouts are you going?
  • benbenandme
    A few bits have been done from the list;
    Ironing
    Clear washing basket
    [STRIKE]Trip to the tip[/STRIKE] DONE
    Banking
    Catch up with work emails
    [STRIKE]Clear all surveys[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Take Mum for xray[/STRIKE] DONE
    Iron on ds Scouts badges
    Clear paperwork pile from coffee table
    Help ds deliver Scouts plant leaflets
    Sort out fob for electronic gates
    [STRIKE]Tesco food order[/STRIKE] DONE
    Update my Amazon wishlist with items for new house
    [STRIKE]Pay water bills[/STRIKE] DONE
  • Hi, I'm not sure it's any consolation but I'm still waiting to exchange too - solicitors seem so slow and estate agents are certainly not proactive. Maybe next week it will happen for us all! Could be forgiven for thinking we are in the same chain! I treated myself to some bits in Body Shop today - they smell divine and like your little spend on makeup probably a well deserved treat.
  • benbenandme
    Thanks Blackcats, seems there's a few of us in his chain lark, and it's not even reached the busy time of year yet for solicitors :o

I have done my banking bits this morning, and for the rest of this month I have the grand sum of £40 left :eek: However, the tesco shopping is coming this morning and that's already accounted for, so it is to last me 10 days, most of which I'll be at work for. I do however need to spend at least £20 of it on petrol. Challenge is on ;)
  • benbenandme
    £10 withdrawn from a survey site, added to savings pot :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family