Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• Hooray. I've joined the £250 received club. Now got another week to wait for the wife's.
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    badger09 wrote: »

Yes, saw this on here this morning. Trouble is, until April I will have too low an income to meet the pay-in requirement (retired early on two small company pensions - not my choice btw!), even though I can easily meet it with savings. I start my State pension in April so the application probably would have been OK then ....apart from that offer ending too early!

I don't want to risk getting rejected again, like I did with HSBC in 2015, by applying to NW now. Am I right to be cautious and patient? What implications are there if I got rejected?

I guess I could just wait and see what comes up after I get State Pension.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,969 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 January 2018 at 5:59PM
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    Yes, saw this on here this morning. Trouble is, until April I will have too low an income to meet the pay-in requirement (retired early on two small company pensions - not my choice btw!), even though I can easily meet it with savings. I start my State pension in April so the application probably would have been OK then ....apart from that offer ending too early!

I don't want to risk getting rejected again, like I did with HSBC in 2015, by applying to NW now. Am I right to be cautious and patient? What implications are there if I got rejected?

I guess I could just wait and see what comes up after I get State Pension.
    It's just £1500... not£1.5k pm ... you can take it out again & put it back in your savings..:)
    https://beta.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest/personal/current-accounts/documents/Switching_Offer_Terms_2018.pdf

"AND before 16 March 2018 you:

Complete a full switch of a non-NatWest account to your eligible account using the Current Account Switch Service; 

Deposit £1,500 into your eligible account;

and log into our online or mobile banking service."
  • Bobblehat
    soulsaver wrote: »
    It's just £1500... not£1.5k pm ... you can take it out again & put it back in your savings..:)
    https://beta.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest/personal/current-accounts/documents/Switching_Offer_Terms_2018.pdf

:) Yes ... I realised that .... been doing the hokey-cokey for some time with Tesco/BOS/M&S/1st D/Sant/NWide/Clyde/Virgin/BM/TSB ... may have forgotten a couple :cool:

My hesitation is due to whether I might get rejected at application stage when they ask my monthly income etc ...... and not knowing if that would have any credit score (or whatever) implications. I'm game to do it if it's likely to be no problem ....... any advice welcome!
  • I don't believe there is a minimum earnings for this account. Why would there be, its not part of the terms.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    :) Yes ... I realised that .... been doing the hokey-cokey for some time with Tesco/BOS/M&S/1st D/Sant/NWide/Clyde/Virgin/BM/TSB ... may have forgotten a couple :cool:

My hesitation is due to whether I might get rejected at application stage when they ask my monthly income etc ...... and not knowing if that would have any credit score (or whatever) implications. I'm game to do it if it's likely to be no problem ....... any advice welcome!

Unless you're likely to be applying for a mortgage or substantial credit in the near future, which seems unlikely from what you've posted, why are you concerned about your 'credit score' (which is a made up number anyway)?

What have you got to lose by applying?
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Started the switch from OH YB to our joint NatW.
    If I was to open a NW select account just for myself, would I be able to a switch too?
    tia
  • Bobblehat
    I don't believe there is a minimum earnings for this account. Why would there be, its not part of the terms.

When I applied for the HSBC account in 2015 I was turned down because my income was not sufficient for the £1750pm pay in ...even though I could easily make that amount from savings. Not good enough they said!

The NW seems to have a similar miniumum pay-in of £1500pm according to MSE's 4th bullet point. So I could get rejected again. I am not sure if this would have any significant effect on future applications for bank accounts if it were to happen again, so I am being a little cautious. All other applications I have made were £500pm and proved to be no problem with the applications.
    badger09 wrote: »
    Unless you're likely to be applying for a mortgage or substantial credit in the near future, which seems unlikely from what you've posted, why are you concerned about your 'credit score' (which is a made up number anyway)?

What have you got to lose by applying?

I don't know ... that is the point ... I'm being cautious just in case, and thought I'd sound you people out .... all sorts of varied experience here that you are willing to share :)

All appreciated too .... thanks.
  • With HSBC you'd got to show you could put in £1750 each month. With Nat West its a one of £1500.

That's ONCE!
  • Bobblehat
    With HSBC you'd got to show you could put in £1750 each month. With Nat West its a one of £1500.

That's ONCE!

Bullet point 4 and the Stat's Box, of the NW offer on MSE's Best Bank Account page clearly states a minimum of £1500 per month ..... has MSE got it wrong or are we talking cross-purposes? Go check it out.

I'd love it to be a one-off too!

Has anyone done an on-line application and can give me any ideas if they ask your monthly income?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure