Student loans and pensions

Comments

• Got an email at 9.19 this morning replied straight away that I accepted the F&F offer, got another email just after 1pm to say the refund was processed, checked my bank and there it was! I have to say I am impressed with their response all round!
  • Another unexpected surprise today, an email from SNC to say that they had investigated my complaint.
    They concluded that my initial loan was affordable, but the increase in the credit limit wasn't and this lead to financial difficulty. They have offered to refund interest from Oct 2016 until Oct 2017 (when they took a full repayment and reduced my credit limit to 0!)
    Refund of £1047 including 8% interest and tax deducted.
    :T:T:T:T
    That's £2167 in the past 4 weeks from 4 lenders! 10 to go :D
  • Hello everyone, sent a message week or so ago but no luck with a reply, I have had reply from adjudicator regarding 2 of my loans and that they think the company were not wrong to lend to me and if I disagree I need to send them explanation of why and then they will refer to ombudsman, any advice on what I can do with these, do I admit defeat or push for these to go to ombudsman?
  • Another unexpected surprise today, an email from SNC to say that they had investigated my complaint.
    They concluded that my initial loan was affordable, but the increase in the credit limit wasn't and this lead to financial difficulty. They have offered to refund interest from Oct 2016 until Oct 2017 (when they took a full repayment and reduced my credit limit to 0!)
    Refund of £1047 including 8% interest and tax deducted.
    :T:T:T:T
    That's £2167 in the past 4 weeks from 4 lenders! 10 to go :D

Hiya, just a note. Everyone can receive up to £1000 per year in interest tax free. You can claim it back from hmrc if you haven’t reached that threshold. I did that with the tax that Wonga took off, and got the money paid back into my bank account within a month. Maybe wait until the end of the tax year if you are due more refunds?
  • Hi
    I was the same as you and I have complained to all of them, so far I have had one response where the remainder of my balance was removed and removed from my credit file, just waiting on the others to reply now.
  • Which companies, and how did you complain? There's a couple of good templates, I used one from debt camel, but you must personalise it so that it's relevant to the loan company you are complaining about. I have so far had 4 refunds from 14 letters sent on 27th September, a couple have written to say they will take the full 8 weeks.
    If you need me to send you the template letter then let me know.
  • Hi everyone I have just come across this thread and thought I would look into this. Wonga automatically refunded me but I had paid a ridiculous amount back already - the refund just cleared the dmp to them - but could I do anything there? Also I had loans with payday express and quickquid at the time, anything can be done? Many thanks
  • Hi everyone I have just come across this thread and thought I would look into this. Wonga automatically refunded me but I had paid a ridiculous amount back already - the refund just cleared the dmp to them - but could I do anything there? Also I had loans with payday express and quickquid at the time, anything can be done? Many thanks

Wonga: wiped my outstanding balance a couple of years ago but I have complained to them anyway as I was doing all of the lenders. I have had an acknowledgment of my complaint, I will update as and when I get something.
    Payday Express: have until November 21st to respond to me but apparently they are pretty slow to work with.
    Quickquid: I originally complained about QQ over a year ago because I had been paying them a token amount and they wouldn't freeze interest, I wrote to them and got a pretty disappointing response so I sent it on to the FOS, the FOS weren't quite as busy with PDL complaints then so I got an almost immediate response. Basically I ended up with a refund of £3916.93 (which was very much welcomed and needed).
    In short if you had more than one pay day loan at a time they shouldn't really have lent to you. Send off the complaint and see how you get on, you've nothing to lose.
    I've also had a refund of £722.29 yesterday from Black Horse car finance for unfair charges and late fees!
  • Sadie23
    Sadie23 Posts: 57 Forumite
    still like to poke my head in here now and again to see that people are still having success!

I got my refund in the earlier part of the year from QQ and happy to say im now a home owner! something I never thought would be possible before
  • arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    After my recent success with Wonga & QQ I'm going to complain to MyJar, Minicredit and 247 Moneybox this week - it's so easy to send the letter off I literally have nothing to lose!

The 8 weeks for SafetyNet Credit to get back to me was up last Thursday and I didn't realise, I've sent them an email this morning saying if I haven't had a response by COP Wednesday I'll be referring to FOS first thing Thursday morning. Watch this space!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback