Dental Implants...Cheap???

Comments

• welshdent
    welshdent Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It depends on far to many factors to list on here ... it is more conservative than a conventional bridge. So much so I often wont do a conventional bridge if the tooth is virgin/unprepared that would hold it and thus may only offer the maryland. Depends on how much clearance there is for the wing, how heavy the bite is in general, if the replacement tooth is important in the occlusion or not, the cement used, was it used correctly, how good oral hygiene is etc etc

There is no definitive answer sorry
  • L.S.D.
    L.S.D. Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What would it cost, roughly?
    Nice to save.
  • brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Nhs depending on where you are £120 to £220 ish, private upwards £300 ish.

How long any dental work lasts is up to many factors, not the least of which is how good the oral care of the patient is. The best, most appropriate bridge will fail in a short time in someone who has active decay or gum disease.

All dental treatment will fail eventually because nothing is as strong or as well adapted to the mouth as the original, untouched tooth.
  • L.S.D.
    I had the Maryland bridge fitted four weeks ago. I have been very careful with it, in fact carefully cutting up food & eating as much as possible on the other side of my mouth. The bridge has come out, it came out whilst I was washing my face??? Unfortunately I'm abroad at the moment. I have looked on the internet & people in similar situations have asked what they can do for a temporary fit. Fixodent seems one way. I have never used it & before I buy some, was wondering if there was any other advice so I don't go with a gap. I did phone my dentist the other day & he 'via his receptionist' made an appointment for it to be re fixed but no advice as to how I can do a temporary fix.
    Nice to save.
  • brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    You can't temporarily cement a Maryland back in by yourself. The metal fitting surface will need re etching then the old glue removed from the tooth and the several stages of rebonding.
    Fixodent, temporary dental glues will not hold a Maryland in as they have no retention in themselves it's the glue that does all the work.
  • One of my friends has done dental implant from Mount Royal Dental clinic in Burlington, Ontario. I don’t know exactly how much it cost, but she says it was affordable. I will let you know if you want to know more about it.:)
  • L.S.D.
    ash234ly wrote: »
    One of my friends has done dental implant from Mount Royal Dental clinic in Burlington, Ontario. I don’t know exactly how much it cost, but she says it was affordable. I will let you know if you want to know more about it.:)

Canada?????
    Nice to save.
  • Did you ever find a dental implant at a reasonable cost?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thread from 2015 here!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • littlerock
    littlerock Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 9 April 2017 at 11:42AM
    One thing puzzles me, how can places like Hungary charge so little for implants compared to the UK, if a major cost here for the dentist is the equipment e.g CT scanner costs £80,000 and training as implantologist and buying the kit, costs £250,000. How do they afford to do this in the countries where the cost of treatment is so much cheaper? Also are you suggesting that the quality of dental care is much better in the UK. Is this really the case?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure