PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 13 March 2017

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Long drive done
    Weather nice a bit misty out to sea
    Dailt stuff done
    Ironing baskets empty

Valli well done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2017 at 5:36PM
    I often joke I must have done something bad in a former life when things don't go quite according to plan
    LameWolf wrote: »

Oh dear; I've always half-jokingly said that I must've been an axe-murderer or something in a previous life. :( Maybe I really was an axe-murderer. :eek: Channeling Lizzie Borden, maybe? :eek:
    :o

I think he upset quite a few people lw, we Pay to go to the meditation and each week it takes a theme-This weeks was patience
    There have been extra day and half day courses on karma but this week maybe it's because we are nearing the end of the course and he was touting for business on other courses they run he started bringing other thingslike the names of the various different Buddhas that preside over different things and the karma aspect. He used killing greenfly on your roses as an example of how you create bad karma 'as killing anything is wrong' after the class dd2 whose vegan asked if he was veggie or vegan he said that was a personal choice and didn't come into it some Buddhists were others eat meat. It just seemed more than a bit harsh and judgemental on those in the class who have suffered ill health loss and other problems
    TBH
    I'm too busy trying to be the best I can in This life without worrying if I hurt or upset someone in a previous incarnation
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Amzwoody
    Amzwoody Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi all, list completed yesterday and today. Rooms looking much better ✅, fingers crossed �� I can keep it up ����
  • Hi all x

Managed quite a bit of the list and found DS1s car keys. Ended up getting Oh to lift the couch and shake it and they fell out!
    Dinner done and decluttered, DD and I are now watching still game and stuffing our faces with popcorn.

If its deleted it's completed!

Mondays are Marvellous!! - Kitchen and Dining Area
    Level One...
    mop the floor

Level Two

Level Three
    S&S the oven
    Wipe the units and large appliances

Extras:
    Declutter any drawers that need a really good decluttering!!

Clear out a cupboard of junk!

Twinkly Tuesday - Living room, hall, stairs and porch!
    Level One

Level Two
    Vacuum stairs

Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe down ALL the paintwork!

Extras
    Wipe front door.. inside and out!
    Binbag dance
    HHI
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Evening all.
    I've read everything, but nothing has stayed in. Apart from GWS wishes for Natty's Dave and ATB.

I was a bit off list - or ahead of myself, which is how I like to see it ;) - as I stripped the bed this morning before work. WM run when I got home, and bedding hung up to dry, mattress and floor vacuumed. Dinner done and kitchen put to bed. A couple of money swaps done, and a load of old emails deleted, which I think might just count as filing. Sore eyes from looking at a computer screen all day and again this evening, so I'm about to have a cuppa and call it a day. X
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Get well vibes for the Natty household. And atb I used to get a tiny bit of eczema on my hands and it drove me mad. Hugs both.

Productive day, up early to swish around LR, empty DW, make chilli and off to work. Straight from job no. 1 to job no. 2 then off to my gym class. DS picked up from gfs and kitchen tidied. Bedtime soon.

Glad its our bedroom tomorrow. Will try and get an hour in between jobs and gym. Liked the last sentence of your post MrsMP, I agree that there is enough to deal with in the here and now.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    every cloud...

Jobshare signed off until Easter. Bank account will benefit; the mansion (chortle) will suffer. For I am to step up...

I shall still boss you lot about a la piggers though.

*goes to dust off fluffy mules*
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Morning all :)

Thank you for the kind wishes. The hives have cleared up significantly, still coughing like a good 'un so going to take it easy (ish) today. I have a lot to do, but will pace myself rather than running round like a loon.

So far, DW unloaded and wet washing hung on airer. Will shove some clothes on in a minute (yesterday's leggings and shirt :o) and put the clean washing away and feed kiddies.

I need to go to the post office and charity shop at some point too. Oh, and order a new stairs carpet. And clean that blimmin' fire again ;)

Have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Lunch sorted
    Other work related stuff sorted ready for late on
    Daily stuff done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Bathroom and bedroom ceilings demoulded
    Windows flung open.

Just having breakfast now then I will crack on.

Glad you are feeling a little better ATB X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport