December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• mimi35
    mimi35 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hello everybody,
    so many posts - will need to catch up later with the thread.
    My DDD started with spendy day as well - car service - this was arranged and money allocated - my budget was £320 and it came to nearly £380, so I will have to shuffle to cover the extra £60 - only been in the garage for two hours :mad: - topped up cat food and other bits on Saturday and of course forgot to get petrol - so tomorrow will have to be spendy day again:( - or might just try to stretch it until Wednesday - hmmm. Might end up pushing it to work - that would be my 20 minutes of exercise for the whole month done :D. Will need to get organised or I will never reach my target.
    But at least I can declare 2 NSD:) one for yesterday and one today.
    Done my charity bit - donated some food to the food bank - so I am counting this instead of homeless person and will take cat food, which my little monster does not like to my vet. They will give it to local charity. He is becoming the most spoiled cat on the planet! Will need to have little talk:cool:
    Back to work then.
    Debt 1 (1/11/12) CC - £3,694.27:eek: - one at a time - 3 more in hiding:(
    DDD member #29
    NSD - December 7/20
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    thrifty as people said its to better yourself not to be in competition with everyone else ... everyone is different as well as there situations so not everyones the same x
    Kerfuffle wrote: »
    If you suspect that you spend more than you imagine/think then you need so start a Spending Diary so you can see where your money is going.

As the others have said, this is a competition with yourself, or in my case, this is a competition between me and the supermarkets :D

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, started a proper spending diary and saving my receipts. Used to just have my spends roughly in my head and got by but obviously my bank balance told me that doesn't work. I'm really just in competition with myself (just can't help comparing occasionally) as I want to pay off that CC and start a kitchen fund etc. :D
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Good afternoon all... I see the talk about food has already kicked off. Yes The_Cat I can only imagine what its like feeding two teenage boys - I know my landlady struggles sometimes as there is always one out to finish the bread...:(...

I like this food bank idea. I pass numerous homeless people in my day walking around London and the Big Issue office isn't far from me either.. I like the look on a persons face.. almost like they had forgotten that some people might be nice.... but the food bank thing seems to be more and more necessary for families who aren't so much homeless but finding themselves in a very bad place....well if you can help with a few cans of beans or fruit then why not... very good!

I found the missing £40 overspend yesterday. I hadn't claimed £60 of mileage allowance for my work place so have completed the forms and sent them off today - hopefully not to late in getting the money at the end of December. ALSO I have secured another overtime shift on the 16th of this month and am awaiting confirmation of another on the 29th. Do or die I say...

More later.. work calleth...

Onwards and Upwards..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Declaring NSD No 2 :j

Don't need to go out again so am safe now!

Ordered some Morrisons vouchers today from the work scheme and realised I had over £70 in cashback just sitting there! £60 was from breakdown cover back in September which I had forgotten about :o but what a lovely surprise!

Part of the scheme works like Quidco except you have to tell them you want to draw out the dosh rather than it being automatic or in my case today I chose to spend it on my Morrisons vouchers. I ordered £100 worth for less than £20.00 :D I am not counting this as a spend BTW - I will treat them as money for now and count them when I go to the shop IYKWIM.

Still not done my meal planning so off to do that now.
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • PurpleJay wrote: »

Still not done my meal planning so off to do that now.

You and me both! Sick of soup - onto baked potatoes and beans this month. Wonder how long I can do it for before being sick.... :)
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • missyv30
    missyv30 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not a NSD for me as had a couple of spends. My class went out on the bus today and went for tea and toast so that cost me £3.25 :o. Then i forgot my lunch so had to buy a roll was not going to go with out so that was £3.20:mad:. Will not forget my lunch tomorrow the last thing i had to buy was a new plug socket :mad: as it blew last night. That cost me £4.29 so thats £10.74 but i will be trying to mae this back in sales hopefully so until then its not NSD. The rest of the wek should be nsd fingerscrossed.:o
    :j

Debt as of Jan 17 £32990.71: :eek:
    Debt as of June 2020 £18636
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hellooo!!!

Feeling very tired today - Monday-itis I guess. Am home and already in my PJs (@17:31 LOL!!!) and settled in for the night. Home made soup for dinner.Think a bath and early night are in order!!!

Today = NSD number 2
    Have a nice evening everyone!!! Keep up the good work.

:T
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • LaFolie
    LaFolie Posts: 76 Forumite
    You and me both! Sick of soup - onto baked potatoes and beans this month. Wonder how long I can do it for before being sick.... :)

Personally, I use an 'on toast / on jacket potato' rota. CBA going all nouvelle cuisine after being at work all day, plus, y'know, :heartpuls :heartpuls CARBS :heartpuls :heartpuls
    Overdraft: -£980
    CC: [STRIKE]£677[/STRIKE] £627

May Targets
    NDS: / 6

• LaFolie thats so funny I had two slices of reduced 75p Warburtons for tea last night, yoghurt and an orange...; - )....

Anyone know if Tesco Everyday Value beans area as disgusting as I think they might be..?
  • LaFolie thats so funny I had two slices of reduced 75p Warburtons for tea last night, yoghurt and an orange...; - )....

Anyone know if Tesco Everyday Value beans area as disgusting as I think they might be..?

I don't know about Tescos, but the Asda Smart Price beans are meant to be delish!

Candy
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family