Item not as described, seller saying we need to pay to return it

2»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    deaston wrote: »
    This is great info - thanks.

To be clear, this is my partner's purchase and she's been dealing with eBay/PayPal, so I might be getting details wrong. From what I understand, because we bought it seven weeks ago (because that was the lead time of the greenhouse) too much time has passed for eBay to get involved, so PayPal (and our legal rights) seem our only option now.

An eBay case can be opened up to 30 days from the last estimated delivery time but you have much longer with a PayPal case which is possibly why your wife opened it there. Unfortunately as I said above PayPal cannot force a seller to pay for the return.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrJones1
    MrJones1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Open a case on eBay stating that the item was not as described. This is an obvious case. The length
    was larger than described. The ridge bar was too short which leaves a gap. This affects the overall
    quality.

When you open the case with eBay you can insist that the seller pays for the return or collects the item. You shouldn't need to pay for the return costs. You were the one who got a faulty product instead
    of a working one. The seller must take responsibility.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    open a case not as decribed and take it from there, £1000 and keep the greenhouse is more than generous imo

just to clarify You spent £4000 on a greenhouse from ebay?

My thoughts exactly.

There is no way I would spend that kind of money on something like that through ebay.
  • deaston
    deaston Posts: 477 Forumite
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

There is no way I would spend that kind of money on something like that through ebay.

I tend to agree...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport