Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• solidsebi
    solidsebi Posts: 9 Forumite
    solidsebi wrote: »
    Hi All.

My first post... joined recently after applying for a mortgage and then waiting anxiously for a decision.

My case is slightly complex, as my partner is a sole-trader, and the purchase of the new home involves the sale of an existing home.

Came across this great forum after spending hours online, and found lots of people in a similar situation to me playing the waiting game. Thought i'd share my timeline so far, if it does help anyone else. I am applying via broker:

17/05 - DIP - Nationwide
    18/05 - Full application submitted. Text confirmation rcvd.
    18/05 - Text rcvd 1hr after application to confirm valuation booked for 19/05
    19/05 - Text rcvd confirming valuation report now with Nationwide
    27/05 - Hard search performed by Nationwide for Credit App.
    ---- WAITING ---- BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY ---
    31/05 - Broker confirmed case with assesor
    01/06 - Broker requested an additional document
    02/06 - Broker chased today and clarified some confusion regarding the house I am selling
    02/06 - All docs are fine and confusion cleared. Now waiting for 05/06 for hopefully the offer confirmation.

Fingers crossed!

Yaaayyyy! Got a text from Nationwide at 4pm to confirm my mortgage offer!!! Finally, a big sigh of relief. But it's not over yet - lots to go in the process before we move into the new house!

Best of luck to all of those still waiting..
  • Shammi
    Shammi Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    solidsebi wrote: »
    Yaaayyyy! Got a text from Nationwide at 4pm to confirm my mortgage offer!!! Finally, a big sigh of relief. But it's not over yet - lots to go in the process before we move into the new house!

Best of luck to all of those still waiting..

Yeahhhhhh :beer::T
    Congratulations! All the best with the exchange and completion.
  • betsycat
    betsycat Posts: 107 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hello! Joining the party :wave:

Our timeline so far...

23/05 Offer accepted
    25/05 Mortgage application submitted by broker
    30/05 Broker requests a bunch more documents for them to have on file
    02/06 A couple of queries from the lender regarding a payment (turned out to be bills) and DH's credit card (he'd paid it off since the last statement they'd received)... all answered (though waiting on Lloyds to send us some bank statements)
    07/06 Broker receives all remaining docs and says underwriters need to look at them, should take around 4 working days

And now, we wait! Unfortunately, the lender the broker recommended was HSBC, which, having now read a lot of this thread, is filling me with a special kind of dread. I have £10,000+ on a personal loan (with HSBC) that I've been overpaying on for the past year. Plus, our bank statements weren't exactly in tip-top shape – we've been thinking about buying for a couple of years now but my MIL recently offered to help us with a deposit as the area we're buying in is "on the up" so it's all happened quite quickly. So we were slightly unprepared and then found somewhere perfect! If it falls through at any point I think we'll hold off for a few months and get everything a bit more in order.

We've got a full building survey happening next Thursday as the property was built in the 18040s, and underwriters should be done early next week... fingers crossed!! But if it's a no, from what I've seen here Natwest seem to turn things around quickly so maybe we'll give them a shot.
  • Shammi
    First Anniversary
    Shammi wrote: »
    This Forum is really helping my nerves!
    My Timeline:
    19th of May - Viewed several houses and loved one!
    22nd of May - AIP with Nationwide and offer on house made!
    23rd of May - offer on house accepted :j
    25th of May - all paper work emailed over to MA.
    26th of May - Did not like solicitors so had to find another one:mad:. and MA to delay application till 30th.
    30th of May - All forms filled and sent to new solicitor. MA submitted full mortgage application. Nationwide texted to say application received.
    2nd of June - Nationwide booked valuation for Monday the 5th of June! :eek::eek::eek:

So now impatiently waiting for results :eek:I love the Nationwide text service bit I keep looking at my phone!

Will update once I hear more. Everything crossed!

5th of June - Valuation received - Text from Nationwide.
    7th of June - Nationwide required letter from boss confirming my start and end date of contract!
    9th of June - Nationwide call me confirm details on my contract
    12th of June - Nationwide text to say offer in the post :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:beer::j:beer::j:beer::j

So relieved!

Good luck to everyone still waiting! Definitely worth it :eek:
    Off to exchange thread....:D
  • mazzyp
    mazzyp Posts: 23 Forumite
    Congrats! I'm entering week 3 of waiting for a decision from Aldermore. I'm actually planning life without the house now!
  • Shammi
    First Anniversary
    mazzyp wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm entering week 3 of waiting for a decision from Aldermore. I'm actually planning life without the house now!

I did that over the weekend :eek:
    You'll get it! Hang in there :j
  • SeagullFTB
    SeagullFTB Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    We just received our offer from Halifax! Happy days.

For anyone that's interested:
    01/06/2017 DIP Approved.
    03/06/2017 Property Reserved
    05/06/2017 Full Application
    06/06/2017 Valuation Scheduled
    09/06/2017 Valuation
    12/06/2017 Offer Received

It's been the longest twelve days of my life, but I'm so happy!
  • LadyL2013
    LadyL2013 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Got to valuation stage with Halifax before last month, but seller pulled out day before it was due to take place so I'm hoping the fact it got to valuation stage before is a good sign. Now had offer accepted on new property.

Already have had my AIP.

05/06/17 Broker sent off for full application.
    06/06/17 Broker called to confirm everything had been accepted and would be now looked at by the mortgage team. Confirmed that fee paid for previous valuation had now been transferred over to the new property.

And this is the stage where I am at. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hear about each individual stage or if I'll just get a call once the valuation is done.

Everything is crossed.
  • Beanboysmum
    Beanboysmum Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 12 June 2017 at 1:44PM
    My valuation by Halifax was supposed to happen this morning on the property we are hoping to buy, surveyor didn't turn up

Gutted! Plus Halifax have asked for some clarification on my payslips which means its only just being assessed, so now I'm worrying that they pulled the plug on the valuation! Asked my MA to find out what's happening.

Congrats to those who received their offers,
  • solidsebi
    solidsebi Posts: 9 Forumite
    Shammi wrote: »
    5th of June - Valuation received - Text from Nationwide.
    7th of June - Nationwide required letter from boss confirming my start and end date of contract!
    9th of June - Nationwide call me confirm details on my contract
    12th of June - Nationwide text to say offer in the post :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:beer::j:beer::j:beer::j

So relieved!

Good luck to everyone still waiting! Definitely worth it :eek:
    Off to exchange thread....:D

Many congrats Shammi! The wait was tough, but definitley worth it in the end!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback