IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye fine

Comments

• jb1001
    jb1001 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you - much appreciated :)
  • hi i received a parking charge notice of £50 a few days ago. because i parked in a parent and todlder bay

shal i just ignore a the notice and letters?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yes, Just ignore. P&C bays have no legal basis. They are just a marketing gimmick thought up by supermarkets,
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana wrote: »
    Yes, Just ignore. P&C bays have no legal basis. They are just a marketing gimmick thought up by supermarkets,

ok thank you. is parking eye a proper company or jus scammers. can they make me pay the fine?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2014 at 2:04AM
    MARTZ wrote: »
    ok thank you. is parking eye a proper company or jus scammers. can they make me pay the fine?

Parking Eye are a real company. But This is NOT A FINE!

this is an old thread - did you not notice the date on the posts above?

Important - the advice has changed and in england/wales is no longer 'ignore'!!!!

Instead we beat these scumbags at appeal (popla etc). No-one pays but no-one ignores due to parking eye going for court now re ignorers.

OLD THREAD - STOP READING!!

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS ROUTINELY, EVERY DAY, SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.

Get off this ancient archive thread and get onto reading the current advice!!!!!!!!!

Please read the sticky threads, the advice at the top of this forum, one click away - see my signature for where to click!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • we got one today..parked at 11,45 pm on new years eve, penalty for the new year day at 2.35 am !! good start of the driving year i thought !! i have ignored couple of sainsburys ones, will pile these up for my babrbeque fire start
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Start as you mean to go on.
  • azzyb
    azzyb Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hey Peeps,

I'm new to here, but i have followed the great advice on this forum and have successfully not needed to pay parking eye in the past.

However, my wife got a ticket couple of months ago, from parking eye, to which i quite confidently said "oh don't worry about this, they can't do nothing, just bin it".

On came the usual warning letters....

But today, we received this one, which to me looks a little strange, the wording just doesn't sound like a Council would write and there is no printed name apart from a pen signature?

Any help would be really appreciated, as we are quite concerned now: the letter can be seen here:

I have uploaded the letter to photobucket, but this site wont currently let me post the link (as im a new user): Anything else i can do? Cheers
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Please create a new thread about this, also pay close attention to my signature.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

If it is a genuine claim post on https://www.pepipoo.com as well
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • azzyb
    azzyb Posts: 7 Forumite
    hiya,

sorry, how do i create a new thread and where shall i post it? sorry im new :) also i tried to private message you but your inbox was full
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure