PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Dropping the asking price ?

Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ye of little faith...had a viewing and an offer of £141k which I accepted yesterday....
  • mysterymurdoch
    Options
    Good one. It pays to ignore people who don't know anything about buying and selling houses!
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ye of little faith...had a viewing and an offer of £141k which I accepted yesterday....

Yes but you have had the opinion of people here about house prices so you now know that £141k is a good offer but at the time that you turned down the £137k you might not have thought it was enough?
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

How much profit does that give you, if you don`t mind me asking?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

I've had the flat for 4 years ...bought for £84k...so minus fees etc should get around £138 ish ! Intend to pay off the mortgages on the flat and our house...credit card and put the remainder away for my son who's 16.I do appreciate all the info from everyone on here...it's made me think...think some more...and I've learned quite a bit.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Sorry Crashy...around £52,000 profit
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Nice.....:money:
  • PeterPanic
    PeterPanic Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Nice.....:money:

Thought Crashy would be using housepricecrash maths to explain how it would have actually been cheaper to rent for those four years than to buy.

Examples like this are why all of the housepricecrashers have been crazy to wait for this so called crash that has been imminent for the last 14 years......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure