Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 421Posts
    • 2,906Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 28
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 13th Dec 17, 10:07 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,906 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you for all stopping in

EH Crumpled I just can't do.. They went well ironed .. socks and tights included

Not going to pretend much else got done today though. Hard things going on around us at the minute and decisions I don't want to make... Can I stop being adult for a while?

Still dragged myself to the winter fayre ú4.50 spend, could have been worse I guess. Activities done, fed, bathed and tucked into bed. Good conversations of knowing they're loved and things have taken place. I don't want to fail

x
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 13-12-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • MatyMoo
    • By MatyMoo 13th Dec 17, 10:52 PM
    • 2,818 Posts
    • 12,913 Thanks
    MatyMoo
    Thank you for all stopping in

EH Crumpled I just can't do.. They went well ironed .. socks and tights included

Not going to pretend much else got done today though. Hard things going on around us at the minute and decisions I don't want to make... Can I stop being adult for a while?

Still dragged myself to the winter fayre ú4.50 spend, could have been worse I guess. Activities done, fed, bathed and tucked into bed. Good conversations of knowing they're loved and things have taken place. I don't want to fail

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    You won't fail, you are too determined to succeed

And your smalls are so well cared for by you - another success

But there are many days when being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be
    Proud Member of Mike's Mob
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 13th Dec 17, 11:16 PM
    • 955 Posts
    • 4,297 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Sometimes with decisions that we hate making, we already know what the right thing is, it's just hard to set it in motion. Maybe you have made those decisions, or some of them, already in your heart or head, and it's about launching out - but you aren't alone, you have us lot to cheer you on and advise at times, and just be there when needed.

Having said that, you have my permission (for what it's worth) to stop adulting for the rest of the night, and in patches tomorrow as well.
    • Little Two
    • By Little Two 14th Dec 17, 12:21 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Little Two
    I was a lurker, and then you were lost. Glad that I found you and that you are continuing to do so well

Oh, Wannabe, I can’t do crumpled either. But I can do cobwebs and dirty windows,! Wish I had your energy.

Night night.
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 14th Dec 17, 9:40 AM
    • 955 Posts
    • 4,297 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Morning WannabeFree, how are you? All the threads seem a bit quiet at the moment, but yours especially so compared with usual.

Just wanted to say I will be on a train through your local station today. I had better not wave in case people think I'm a bit strange, but I'll be thinking of you and the small ones!
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 14th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,906 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you x

I am on the sofa with a poorly youngest and a hot water bottle.

Older two went to school with a neighbour and I think their dad is doing tomorrow why I deal with some other things and appointments for myself. Hoping he can extend his booked AL to a full day and can do pick ups from school too. I have lots I need to see too tomorrow. For myself for once

Still have some bits I want to add into the smalls Xmas gifts if I get chance to head to town and pick them up. If not they have what I'd planned to get and that is more than enough.

Have got Mr S slot booked for the 22nd so need to fix a list of things we need over the holidays. Mainly milk/juice and fresh things I think.

Hope you all have a good day x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 14th Dec 17, 9:43 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,906 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning WannabeFree, how are you? All the threads seem a bit quiet at the moment, but yours especially so compared with usual.

Just wanted to say I will be on a train through your local station today. I had better not wave in case people think I'm a bit strange, but I'll be thinking of you and the small ones!
    Originally posted by Cherryfudge
    I never realised you where close!

I don't want to bring too much negative here so struggling on behind the posts. I'll get there though Thank you x
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    • 905 Posts
    • 4,602 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Wannabe Sorry to hear youngest isn't well again. Get to your apps tomorrow, call in a favour if you have to.
    Nov 2017 CC1 ú3329 CC2 ú600

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 14th Dec 17, 10:07 AM
    • 955 Posts
    • 4,297 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Oh poor little 'in! Hope all's well soon x

Also hope you get all the important things out of the way. Good that people are helping out. Don't worry about the negatives, we all have them sometimes so if it helps to talk, feel free. Or type and delete if that helps.

I'm not really near but I do have to go through your area every few weeks and I used to know it better because my Dad worked there. I knew about the flood/landslip in the summer because my train got re routed. Small world in some ways!
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 14th Dec 17, 10:47 AM
    • 708 Posts
    • 9,684 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Hope the wee one gets better soon and you get everything done that you need to. I'm still sway in a very wet and cold Lake District with terrible WiFi but I've been reading if not posting so haven't forgotten about you. Take care.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 14th Dec 17, 11:08 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,906 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    She's not too bad, cuddles and medicine will keep her good hopefully. Just being cautious we want to be at home for Xmas.

Thank you TF hope you're having a wonderful time away.

The land collapse is still causing chaos Cherry! I live 2 minutes from there. It means our 'main' road is crazy now it's still not open fully there.
    • earthgirl
    • By earthgirl 14th Dec 17, 5:16 PM
    • 2,478 Posts
    • 20,345 Thanks
    earthgirl
    Hi wf it’s great that you are finding time to do things you need to do for yourself. I post negative non mse related things as it helps to clarify things.
    I love reading all of your posts.

Hope little one recovers quickly. Ds2 said that a girl he was holding hands with puked today. Arghhhh!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (ú220k) Dec 13 - ú116,508 Bought Dream House Dec 14 - ú94, 402 (ú22,106 offset in 2014) Jan 16 - ú67, 852 (ú26,550 offset in 2015) Dec 16 - ú33,529 ( ú34,323offset in 2016)
    Jan 17 - ú39, 773 (Re-estimation of endowments )
    June 17 ú32,053 Sept 17 ú22,619
    Kids savings 13,578/36k
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 14th Dec 17, 6:17 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,906 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Oh no Earthgirl hopefully he doesn't catch anything!

Plans are all in place for tomorrow. Hopefully it goes smoothly! First time they will have their dad doing all the school runs .. could be entertaining Although I will be getting them dressed or they could end up in each others clothes

I have decided to get the smalls the presents I want. Going to pop into the toy shop tomorrow while I'm over in town. I feel bad spending on Xmas when it could go to debt, but it's worth it.

Need to get wrapping paper too. Drop the last of the cards in the red box and make sure we have everything for baking.

Tomorrows party day for the older two. Juice and chocolate needed for them to take in, along with the ú1 for Xmas jumper day.

Hoping we can still do ice skating this weekend, hopefully youngest is well enough.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 14th Dec 17, 7:32 PM
    • 1,429 Posts
    • 7,721 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Hope the wee one gets better soon and you get everything done that you need to. I'm still sway in a very wet and cold Lake District with terrible WiFi but I've been reading if not posting so haven't forgotten about you. Take care.
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    What a shame you've come up here during the last couple of days. It was so beautiful last week and at the weekend, though -8 was a bit much I thought.

The fells get in the way of the WiFi apparently. Fortunately they are mostly beautiful, when the weather clears long enough for you to see them.

And WF, I'm glad you're putting yourself into the mix for a change. Your smalls are always your priority and that's why you have to make your own health a priority too.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 14th Dec 17, 8:28 PM
    • 708 Posts
    • 9,684 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    JJ Last week was fantastic. Just the last couple of days been very wet. Love it here. Fabulous scenery and wonderful people.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 14th Dec 17, 9:24 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 10,847 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I'm sorry that your little one isn't well but I'm glad you're getting some help .
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = ú818/Emergency Fund 2 = ú203.76
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 15th Dec 17, 1:55 AM
    • 514 Posts
    • 1,907 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Hope your little one feels better soon and that you are able to get everything done that you need/want to today.
    paydbx #90 ú475/ú10,000.
    Loan ú17k - paid off in Aug 2017. Home improvement loans ú3342 March 2017. ú3206 in Oct 17
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,312Posts Today

6,115Users online

Martin's Twitter