PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,779 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    LdnFtB wrote: »
    Hello, Mx Land Registry.

What's the timescale like at the moment for dealing with a Deed of Rectification? Our seller and their freeholder have finally managed to to draw up a draft Deed of Variation to correct a defective lease (the title plan showed the wrong flat in the block). How long can we expect to wait after they've submitted it?

I've heard the process can be expedited - how long will it take if they do that?

Average timescale until consideration/registration 57 working days. If expedited then around 10. Then it's all about it being in order
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    edited 9 October 2017 at 9:20AM
    Thanks for the reply. I have emailed customer.service@landregistry.gov.uk and citizencentre.walesoffice@landregistry.gov.uk on 28/9, 3/10 & 5/10. I haven't had a response to any of the emails.

Many thanks - nothing leaps out at me from our records but without the email address/name used I can't pinpoint with any accuracy.

Can you email customer.service again please and let me know once done - I can then spot and pick it up and run some additional checks. Apologies but hopefully you won't mind
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Ragtimeplayer
    Ragtimeplayer Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Good morning LR,
    We bought a house and completed the sale in May this year that was previously unregistered. My solicitor said that it would be registered officially within about a month after the sale. I went onto your property alert service as I would like to be notified if anything changes on my property. Unfortunately, it says it is unavailable.

The following is a cut and paste from your site regarding this.

Note - If tenure is set to unavailable it may be for one of the following reasons: we have been unable to electronically match the property details given with our records, or the titles have not been linked to the address in the database (e.g. because at the time of registration the address was not known or was different in some way to the address supplied to us by the Post Office).

Is there any way I can find out if the property is now registered and showing us as the owners?
    Stopped smoking Jan 2007 after 23 years!
    Cigarettes NOT smoked = 240,945
    Smoke free days = 11 Years :T
    Cash saved so far = £125,45,11
  • Land_Registry
    Good morning LR,
    We bought a house and completed the sale in May this year that was previously unregistered. My solicitor said that it would be registered officially within about a month after the sale. I went onto your property alert service as I would like to be notified if anything changes on my property. Unfortunately, it says it is unavailable.

The following is a cut and paste from your site regarding this.

Note - If tenure is set to unavailable it may be for one of the following reasons: we have been unable to electronically match the property details given with our records, or the titles have not been linked to the address in the database (e.g. because at the time of registration the address was not known or was different in some way to the address supplied to us by the Post Office).

Is there any way I can find out if the property is now registered and showing us as the owners?

It reads as if the registration has yet to be completed. Unfortunately the average timescale is nearer 3 months currently so a month may have been a tad optimistic. However May until now is still a lot longer than 3 months although often the application is not submitted for a few weeks after completion

You can double check by searching the address in our Find a Property service as well. If that returns a negative result then that reaffirms that it has not as yet been registered.

You can also ask your solicitor for the new title number and search the same service, using detailed enquiry.
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    Many thanks - nothing leaps out at me from our records but without the email address/name used I can't pinpoint with any accuracy.

Can you email customer.service again please and let me know once done - I can then spot and pick it up and run some additional checks. Apologies but hopefully you won't mind

I've just sent another email.

Thank you.
  • Land_Registry
    I've just sent another email.

Thank you.

I can see we have had a number of emails from you dating back as far as the 8th September.
    Our records refer to your being advised of the current situation on the 4th October although I can see no record of an email reply.
    If nobody contacted you on the 4th then apologies but I note a reply has been issued to your email of today explaining the current position.
  • Ragtimeplayer
    Ragtimeplayer Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    It reads as if the registration has yet to be completed. Unfortunately the average timescale is nearer 3 months currently so a month may have been a tad optimistic. However May until now is still a lot longer than 3 months although often the application is not submitted for a few weeks after completion

You can double check by searching the address in our Find a Property service as well. If that returns a negative result then that reaffirms that it has not as yet been registered.

You can also ask your solicitor for the new title number and search the same service, using detailed enquiry.

This is what it says, do I need to get in touch with my original solicitor?

Tenure: Unavailable

Price Paid/Value Stated Data:
    Sorry, there is no price paid/value stated information available for this property.
    Stopped smoking Jan 2007 after 23 years!
    Cigarettes NOT smoked = 240,945
    Smoke free days = 11 Years :T
    Cash saved so far = £125,45,11
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    I can see we have had a number of emails from you dating back as far as the 8th September.
    Our records refer to your being advised of the current situation on the 4th October although I can see no record of an email reply.
    If nobody contacted you on the 4th then apologies but I note a reply has been issued to your email of today explaining the current position.

Thank you. Can you please let me know
    1) if the neighbour doesn't respond by the deadline how long it is likely to take Land Registry to make a decision?
    2) if he challenges it again before the deadline what happens next?

We're in a bit of a panic as we are due a baby in the next few weeks and weren't prepared for him to arrive before we complete and move house. We just need to know now if it's unlikely to complete before baby arrives so we can change our plans.
  • Land_Registry
    Thank you. Can you please let me know
    1) if the neighbour doesn't respond by the deadline how long it is likely to take Land Registry to make a decision?
    2) if he challenges it again before the deadline what happens next?

We're in a bit of a panic as we are due a baby in the next few weeks and weren't prepared for him to arrive before we complete and move house. We just need to know now if it's unlikely to complete before baby arrives so we can change our plans.

It's rarely possible to be precise re timescales as there are often competing priorities. However I note you have competing priorities too so I'll check with the local office and email you a reply
  • Land_Registry
    This is what it says, do I need to get in touch with my original solicitor?

Tenure: Unavailable

Price Paid/Value Stated Data:
    Sorry, there is no price paid/value stated information available for this property.

Nothing to view means it's unregistered.

Yes, get in touch with your solicitor to make sure all ok if you need to. They should be able to advise and if there is an urgency to getting it registered then they can deal with that too as they lodged it with us
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback