D.L.A. Payment dates are changeing ?

Hi all just a heads up
had a letter informing me the from march 2009 my DLA PAYMENTS will change and it may effect others too

i currently get paid DLA in with my incapacity benefit weekly and all ways have done
from the job centre plus

from March 2009 this will stop and i will get paid from the pension,disability and carers service but this will be paid 4 weeks in arrears. so i will be short in my weekly income for four weeks until the 4 weeks in arrears is reached then i will get my DLA.
this is going to upset my routine and effect my bills and how i pay them.just not what i needed i pay lots of my bills weekly and the DLA paid weekly helped in how i paid those bills etc and wont help as i use pre-payment meters and the 4 weeks wait for my DLA is going to hurt

there is a option to ring a 0845 number for advice but this is going to effect me bad I feel for the 4 weeks im waiting for my DLA.

p.s with this happening its going to effect my direct debts too
ive got to try and find the money to cover them.grrrrr

Comments

• tasone
    tasone Posts: 40 Forumite
    vale46 wrote: »
    Hi all just a heads up
    had a letter informing me the from march 2009 my DLA PAYMENTS will change and it may effect others too

i currently get paid DLA in with my incapacity benefit weekly and all ways have done
    from the job centre plus

from March 2009 this will stop and i will get paid from the pension,disability and carers service but this will be paid 4 weeks in arrears. so i will be short in my weekly income for four weeks until the 4 weeks in arrears is reached then i will get my DLA.
    this is going to upset my routine and effect my bills and how i pay them.just not what i needed i pay lots of my bills weekly and the DLA paid weekly helped in how i paid those bills etc and wont help as i use pre-payment meters and the 4 weeks wait for my DLA is going to hurt

there is a option to ring a 0845 number for advice but this is going to effect me bad I feel for the 4 weeks im waiting for my DLA.

p.s with this happening its going to effect my direct debts too
    ive got to try and find the money to cover them.grrrrr

phone them up, and ask them to put it back to weekly payments, due to the problems you have.

we had them try and do this before with the tax credit, and their said their would not put it to 4 weeks, due to the problems we would have.

so, just call them and ask.

Andy
  • Alot of dla claimants have been on monthly payments for sometime now,triggered after a renewal,however in cases of financial hardship they will pay weekly,you just need to contact them
  • welshsue
    welshsue Posts: 571 Forumite
    My DLA was originally paid fortnightly in with my incapacity benefit. I received a letter a month or so ago saying they were changing my DLA to monthly and it would be paid seperately to IB.
    I rang them and said I couldn't budget on it being paid monthly as I have bills going out at various stages in the month and they changed it to weekly.

Give them a ring, they will change it for you.
  • vale46_2
    vale46_2 Posts: 202
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thanks people for the reply all.cheers
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,875
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Our DLA payment is paid every 4 weeks on a Tuesday and always has been.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • strong96
    strong96 Posts: 127 Forumite
    ours is every 4 weeks on a tuesday and has been for 10 years
  • TaBunny
    TaBunny Posts: 1,831
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mine's always been on monthly, I'm sorry to hear about your problem, I think if you drop them a line they will change it back to weekly it worked for me with IB
    :p
  • Ours has always been monthly
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business